Snowed-under Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Snowed-under Sunday

Postby Harriet » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:19 pm

I can't believe I was trying to CUOPosts from yesterday and now I'm already called away again.

This was how far I got, such as it was.

Blessed, we believe in you! You're being where you need to be for each one when you can. You can't do everything. I'm feeling the same way – I had to beg off time with ds' family today because church responsibilities kept me away from home from 8:30 until 2:30 and when I got home I literally fell (boom) asleep. So that by the time I was asked, I was hungry and no dailies done.

Ramblin' we can't do that here – we're asked to stay under a $ limit of 25 to 30. But it's tough sometimes to stay under it. I had a fellow tell me today that he just couldn't, but he did the best he could. Sometimes when clothes are requested, I personally hope that a giver might tuck in a toy.

I'm gone again.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Snowed-under Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:47 pm

Well, seeing Harriet's Blue dress means she has electricity! Hope she's having a great day!

Woot!!! I just turned dgs' crew neck long-sleeve t-shirt into a V-neck shirt. The head hole was too small for his head but it is an adorable Nordic pattern. At the party last week I commented on how cute dgs looked in his red sweater and dd said he was probably way too hot but the better weight shirt she had for him wouldn't go over his head so she was thinking of making it into a V-neck but "who has time for that?!" (she said that looking at the mom of a 16 month old.) I said it probably would only take someone like me a few minutes and dd went on talking about something else and her friend said, "Wait, I think your mom is saying she'll do it!" So I did it and it only took me 10 minutes. And I can't sew.

I still have to do the Christmas Stocking for dgs. That's going to be more work and has to be done by 2-ish tomorrow so dd can do the lettering on the stocking or at least show me how. I did dsil's but that was a long time ago (almost a decade) and his name is 4 letters. I'd love it if I could just use the 3 letter nickname dh calls dgs but dd barely tolerates that and certainly won't want it embroidered forever that way. So 7 letters it is.

Return to “Post When You Can”