Snowed-under Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Snowed-under Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:38 pm

Picked up the gift I ordered online this morning and returned the cutlery I bought for W & R that was not needed. That's another $30 for them.

Next up, load up the carts to take things to the car for the party. It is in the building across the street and I think driving over is the easiest way to get everything there at once.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:21 pm

No real snow here, and temps reached the 40s, but dmom said it was too cold to go on the tour of homes, do I very happily burrowed back into my cocoon in the recliner!
We went to church this morning, but have done very little since.

Last night I addressed about a dozen Christmas cards, so that chore is begun. Not “half done,” though, I must say. ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Party is over. I'm exhausted and have a terrible headache. Dinner smells wonderful but I think I will take a short walk in the snow fall to breathe some peace into my soul.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:11 pm

I walked to the corner this morning to clear my head it was wonderful seeing the interesting morning light in the fog in the distance up the canyon.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:27 pm

Home from a good walk to the ATM for dh to get some cash. We walked through a townhouse complex and enjoyed looking at the outside lights and decorations inside as well.

Dh is making the rice for dinner and I am thinking about clearing off the dining table so we can eat.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:44 pm

Last night I addressed about a dozen Christmas cards, so that chore is begun
I've set a 'goal' of 18 envelopes addressed, return address on and 18 cards signed per day. Also have 'working on Christmas letter' on my to-do list each day. Little by little it's getting done, LucyLee. Have to go to the post office early this week to get stamps. I have some here but they've managed to run away and hide on me. :cry:

Expect dh and dd will be back most any time. They wanted to stay late enough to see the Christmas lights at Sea World but I'm quite sure that would have been around 6 o'clock. This was an excellent Christmas present for dh. He'll be able to enjoy going with dd as often as they like for the next 15 months. And it's really TWO gifts as dd enjoys making the memories. She and I have annual passes for Disney so she can go to any of their parks whenever we want as well. We do have blackout dates on our plan at Disney however -but they don't at Sea World. I can go as their guest for a reduced price so we'll check that out later in the year. Maybe while dd is on Christmas break.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:54 pm

Dinner is done.

Time to put on a podcast and start in on the kitchen. There isn't much counter space uncluttered but that's just because everything that needs cleaning is so big (2 crock pots, the veggie and fruit trays, plus the coffee maker and a few other things.)

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:58 pm

No snow here. :lol: But we've had fog here most mornings and today it was chilly in the house and it was 60ish when we went to church. I wore a heavier jacket, kept it on in the church where it us usually cold anyway.

I did a lot of sitting around waiting for DH to come out of church, to come out of the store (where he couldn't tell me he would stay with me - I always lose him in that big store because he just does his own thing regardless of where I want to go) and I was majorly annoyed by the time I got home. No more. I'm not going to that store with him again. And maybe even church. It just doesn't work for us, which is sad. Every other married couple I know go places together.

I took a long long nap this afternoon. Calling this day a wash.

Tomorrow I'll start over and try to have a better day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:33 pm

(((Harmony))) I spend a lot of time each week looking for dh in Wmart. In his defense, however, we usually split up and I do the non-grocery side stuff, then come over to the grocery side where he usually has at least 2/3 of the items on the list already in the buggy. But sometimes we end up backtracking b/c he didn't know which kind of granola bars I wanted, or he wants me to pick out the meats, etc.

So we're back from that errand now. Groceries all put away. He was pleasantly surprised that we kept it under $100.

:mrgreen: I am just so envious of all these folks at Sea World, Disneyworld, etc... (2 local friends are at Disney this week.) OTOH... we would have been in debt for a long long time if we'd done Disney with ds & family this year, so it's probably good that we missed out on that tier in the bowl game selections. We won't even have to get a hotel room to go to the Peach Bowl, and no one is going except dh and me.
OTOH... we ARE taking ds & family to the Opry in a couple weeks, and do y'all know, it costs almost $100 per ticket for that! That is absolutely ridiculous, IMHO. The show is approx 2 hours, as compared to what used to be at least 2.5, maybe 3? The number of entertainers per program is much smaller than it used to be, and the price has more than tripled what it was when we married. At least that's how I am remembering it -- approx $30/$35 when I first went. Oh -- and yes, dgd has to have a ticket, I believe -- and I have been told that is not the case for children 3 and under at Disney.
But I guess that's just inflation for you. I also paid $10 to see Elvis in 1975. (Well, ddad paid $10, to be more accurate. ;) ) I won't even admit what we paid to see George Strait, but we did go through Ticket Master, not the box office. It was embarrassingly high, and if it hadn't been his farewell tour, (and my first time to see him), I'd NEVER have done that.
Ballgame tickets have of course increased five or ten-fold since dh started going 60 years ago, too.
At any rate, dh has no expensive toys -- no boat, no sports car, no expensive guns... he doesn't hunt or fish... he only plays golf once in a blue moon and hasn't had a new golf club in I don't know how long, so if he wants to spend his money on ballgames and the Grand Ole Opry... well, more power to him.

Sorry. Rant over.

Hmmm... little bitty rant continued.
Dcousin texted to ask if I could bring clear plates/cups/forks for the wedding shower next Sunday. Of course I said yes.
I noticed (on FB) that dcousin did NOT invite me, my mother, or ddil to the painting party she and her mom, other daunt, and her three sons' girlfriends attended last night. :P

Now my rant is over.

I think I will take a short walk in the snow fall to breathe some peace into my soul.

That does sound peaceful, Kathryn.

Oh -- talking about printing photos. I think we (I) do tend to overdo it, but I keep thinking that someday all the electronic photos could be lost, and I know how much all these photos will mean to ds, and hopefully, dgrands some day. Aside from the fear of electronic devices crashing, there is just something about having photos in one's hand, IMHO. One of my very favorite things to do at my grandparents' houses was to look at all their old photos, most of them just loose in a drawer or a box. I am sooo thankful duncle let me bring all my paternal grandparents' pictures home with me. Of course, I know paper photos can fade, or be damaged or lost to fire, etc. This way, ds will have double copies of most, since they are on my computer, too. I also usually order a CD when I go through Wmart developing, and then give that CD to ds.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:14 pm

I just did the forms for the visas for Australia (it's basically a tax to enter the country.) So they are approved and printed off. I also double checked and we don't need anything for New Zealand. There's another bit of the trip planning complete now.

The kitchen is also all cleaned up.

Now to start the humidifier in the bedroom. (And put away the passports.)

I think I'm heading off to bed in a few minutes.

Return to “Post When You Can”