In Motion Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: In Motion Monday

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:41 pm

Lunch is done. Yuck. The chicken pot pies I get used to be good. I keep expecting them to be like they were. The meat is substandard now. Why do I keep thinking they will get better?

My kind coworkers have consumed the six dozen cookies.

The good fairy has not implemented my inventory report.

Prayers have been said for the people at the house fire reported by DeeClutter.

Sorry to keep bugging y'all with rants about the xBFF. My hope was to quietly and non-dramatically see less and less of her. Already it is only < 10 times a year. The monkey wrench was thrown with the trip. Mom was hoping that by providing something special that she knew the xBFF would like, it would be a reset, and we could go back to being friends. Might have worked if xBFF put any value on me whatsoever. If she wants a romance package, there are companies that specialize in that. They do tours of my home town and don't ask questions.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:43 pm

Dee, hopefully, the collapse was not a total surprise and no one was right at it at the time. I know a collapse here at a large building happened in an area firefighters were not near. That's what I pray for your ds' and coworkers!

Things I have checked off my various cards today:

(decorating)
decorate tree

(cards)
go out and buy stamps

(household)
pay our own bills
pay other electric

Obviously, I had an errand day briefly, with time at PO. Also filled up with gas while out, and picked up my sample photos for enclosing in cards. Helped HRH with his own Desk Day.

in theory, cards arrive today. (UPS delivery, so I'm not worried they'll be lost! Just aware they could be late.)

Next up:
varied church Desk Day work
fold laundry
continue decor - mantel, table

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:48 pm

Twins I watched a review on the besy self planner last week I liked it.

I have done dreaded paperwork and it is in the mail. Did some errsnds store run done. No payroll today so watching n-flicks "the crown" now.

Got trash dumped, food is put away today. It is we have high fog today been a bit down in the dumps. Had good success thrifting today that was fun.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:03 pm

dh and I got into a tiff - it will pass - we had to put shims under the tree stand - when we put the tree up he didn't believe me that the tree was crooked and today it was definitely leaning forward - I cut a bunch of shims and did most of it and asked dh to help with the ones on the left while I held the already decorated tree. I said we need more and he blew his cool - so unlike him and I was not nagging so I wonder if this is about his emotions regarding d mom in law. We are all hurting but he holds it in most until it's not in any more. I will find out later.

front room/living is clean - the only clean room in the house - underneath is clean but oh the clutter

hi d nancy yay on your paperwork and errands being done

hi d harriet cards getting done is always a blessing.. Good for you!

hi d elizabeth sounds like a yummy lunch - I love chicken pot pie

d dee if he is in the hospital for 3 days he can go to a rehab hospital until he is better but not less than three days; especially if there is no one to take care of him. No one wants that, I know. or he can hire someone 24 hours but it is expensive. I will pray for an answer. Also praying for the family in your home town who had a fire.

hi d lady and hi all

hi d twins

Hi d harmony

hi d lucy

hi d lilac

hi d helia

hi d anyone I forgot
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:08 pm

time for the front hall - geesh why does decorating take so long ;)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:44 pm

I've had a relatively productive day. The big thing was sending out the evites for dh's birthday - I ended up having to copy and paste the emails in but it seems they all worked. I ordered pajamas for dd for Hanukkah and, while the weather was nice, got pansies out. I ended up with two 4 pks of pansies left, so I found a couple of extra pots for them for the back patio. So cheerful! We don't decorate for Christmas of course, the pansies in the planter with a running ivy look cheerful and pretty by the front porch.

Ds had an interview today for a job with a different supplier in the business he is currently in. I hope it went well.

Supper tonight is baked salmon, roasted sweet potatoes and green salad.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:09 pm

Getting back into the homeschool routine after the weekend always seems to be a challenge. All in all, today went fairly smoothly.

At DS9 appoint with the chiropractor today she gave him a footlong pool noodle to use every day. Because of the repeated whiplash type tics, DS9 neck doesn't have the natural curve anymore. The doc is having DS9 lay on the floor, put the noodle underneath his neck and relax his muscles. She is starting him very slowly with laying on it 5 minutes a day. I hope I don't regret taking DS9 to this doctor. I wish I had the gift of hindsight and could see how this treatment will turn out. I take comfort in everything she has done makes perfect logical sense. AND the mainstream medical doctors have nothing to offer that helps DS9........other than giving him drugs that side effects are worst than the help.

I want a blue dot. To earn it I have to log all my foods today in WW app and stay within my point range. This is a habit I have been trying (and failing) to form for months. I can't seem to be consistent. Talking to self...... I successfully quit smoking after 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000 tries and failures. I can do this too. Just don't give up. Try again.

I put out 600 lights in front of the house. It seemed like a lot of lights until I got them put in place. I'll wait until it gets dark to see what it looks like but I suspect it is going to be very skimpy looking.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:43 pm

Ornaments are all on the tree. Dd was surprised - she ended up putting on only two. Dgs was a hoot, I'd hand him an ornament and he'd place it on the tree. Over and over. In the same spot! I can't decide if I'll redistribute them or leave them there because it gives me a warm feeling seeing this pile of toys on the branch that was closest (the lower level ornaments are all small stuffed key chains or toys we tie onto the tree but kids can take off and play with.) He had a big grin on his face and had been cranky prior so he was enjoying himself.

He was pretty good except for pouring his milk all over the china cabinet and floor in the dining room. On purpose. Dd has special cups that you can shake and nothing comes out so he's allowed to do that at home. She forgot the cup so we used a 30 year old sippy cup and while it won't pour out, it will shake out. I keep thinking he's not learning how to behave but I suppose you can make the argument that at that age he's unlikely to behave so this eliminates the opportunity for making messes.

He did sign 'poop' twice and successfully used the bathroom but was caught out the third time when 'his' bathroom was in use so we couldn't get the seat out in time. He's got the runs today and apparently woke up in the night, would settle, climbed onto his mom (she was asleep with him on the floor mattress) and signed poop and she got him to the bathroom in time. That's the first time he's had himself taken to the bathroom in the night. His sign for it is really clear now which is good, it means I can tell and take him if I'm babysitting him. Which will be on Thursday morning and Friday afternoon.

He still melts down in elevators. He was asleep when we brought him up (he melt down about being in the car seat but playing Piano Guys in the car quieted him down and he fell asleep) but as soon as we went into the elevator on the way home he started to cry. Apparently he did the same on Friday at the university so it is a thing now (it started with me at the mall.)

The apartment is mostly tidied up now.

We're under a storm watch with up to 6" of snow expected. Our singing tomorrow will be cancelled if the school buses aren't running so we'll be up early to hear what the conditions are like.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:22 pm

There was an urgent evacuation, Harriet. But it sounds like no one was injured. Could see in one video ambulance personnel tending to a couple of the guys. The roof of the house completely collapsed in. Things can be replaced, people can't.

DD has been in a sour mood ever since she came home (unusual for her). She was pretty good about it, but you could tell. She had some kids (in 6th period -who else?) who did some real damage to a couple of her tables -with shears. She didn't see it till after they left the classroom but she knows who did it. The principal came in and pictures were taken. There will be consequences and restitution. Then she had to deal with Lowe's who had added tax to a purchase for her classroom. She had to deal with it TODAY according to the financial officer at school -all of $2.00, but......... She obviously was in no mood to deal with it but did.

Have to hit the hay.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:55 pm

I've been in motion today!
Errands -- post office, bank, gift shop for small item to "finish out" dmom's gift, dollar store (2 of them!) searching for stocking stuffers.
Came home, cooked supper (hamburgers, corn on the cob, fruit).
Kept dgrands a couple hours.
Washed 3 loads of clothes and hung to dry.
Washed and put away supper dishes.
Downloaded another month's worth pictures.
Talked to dbil on phone a couple of times -- relaying messages re: basketball he, dh, ds, * and dgs * are going to Saturday.
-- -- NO... I am NOT going! Dbil wanted to know if I was SURE I didn't mind not going. Oh. My. Goodness. If he only knew. I may actually have all of Saturday evening to myself... Heaven...

(((Dee's dd))) -- yes... I remember days like that.
And (((Dee's ds and his fellow firefighters, EMTs, everyone involved))) and of course (((the homeowners))).
Also for your dbil...

Dee's hitting the hay, and I am just now finally having time to check in with all of you!

WTG, Kathryn, with decorating! Isn't it fun to decorate with a little one? I admit, I did redistribute where dgs had 10 ornaments bunched together on one branch -- and I am not allowing dgd to help yet. :oops: She may be missing out on some of the stuff dgs did with me at her age, but when dgs was 2, there was no one else to juggle. I just can't keep up with both of them for stuff like that.

I am also impressed with his signing ability! If dgd isn't going to talk, it might be nice if she would sign, right?
OTOH, she does seem to get her message across most of the time.
Tonight I believe she said "light" while looking at the tree w/me, and I know she said "bye-bye" when she left. She also says "stop" when we read the book where Goofy says "Stop! Stop" over and over.
It will come. Before I know it, I imagine I'll have two of them talking to me constantly. :)

Hope the storm doesn't cause too much trouble, Kathryn.

LadyM, I so hope this doctor can help ds. I would certainly agree w/you that you don't want to over-medicate and have drug side effects to deal with!
I'm with you on the "don't give up" thing too... Trying to stay in the calorie range My Fitness Pal allows for me... trying to remember to record what I eat and not get discouraged with that... trying to make exercise a habit... SOOOO many things I truly want to do BETTER... As you said, I must remember: Just don't give up. Try again.

Good luck to Twins' ds!

(((blessed & dh)))

Nancy -- I want to watch The Crown. Unfortunately, I can only watch Netflicks in the bedroom, and it seems dh and I always want that tv at the same time! :roll: I have stuff on the DVR I haven't watched yet, plus stuff on Netflicks that I'd like to watch, and I don't think I'll ever get around to it all. I also need to transfer stuff from DVR * and from VHS tapes * to DVD's. * sheesh * Another forever unfinished project...

Elizabeth -- no need to apologize re: "rant" on X-BFF. She is behaving ridiculously, and disrespectfully towards you and your parents. I'm glad your ddad saw it for what it is. Maybe something will happen that she will change her plans and y'all just want have to be bothered with her during Mardi Gras.

Waving to ... Harriet... Harmony... Lilac... helia... AND EVERYONE ELSE -- ESPECIALLY The Most Important Person whom I'm sure I neglected! ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”