In Motion Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

In Motion Monday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:11 am

What motions will you be doing today?

Yoga class? Walking the dog? Vacuuming? Errands?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: In Motion Monday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:16 am

Today is tree-trimming day so my day starts with moving the tree up from the basement and getting it set up for the decorations to go on.

I'm still negotiating with dd about what time she'll need to be picked up (probably 2:30.) On my way to her I want to get the car washed (HUGE storm coming in and I'd like it clean and spray-waxed before that happens) and then Costco to pick up the cooked chickens and bread for dinner and her local grocery store for the loss leaders.

The super is dropping by around 10 this morning. And I have a lot tidying to do.

Put the leftover mulled cider and stew on the balcony to cool before putting in the fridge. It was just at freezing when I went to bed last night. It isn't now. In fact, the whole apartment is now cooler (down to 68 this morning) even though all the windows are shut. I'm happy to leave the mid-seventies, even with the windows open, behind.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:24 am

Well, I have to put into motion the notion that I remember how to bake. Need 2 dozen cookies for women's group as church tomorrow. Printed off the recipe for "Prize Cookies" last night. One of my favorites and so easy to make. Should have seen us at P ublix looking for mincemeat the other night though. Everyone we asked never heard of it and some directed us to the meat department. DD even went to customer service and they couldn't find it. Looking at the obvious age of our clerk she asked if she might know if they'd had it. "We're all out?" she asked. Then she went and brought back a jar -from their Christmas baking section. Did stop to tell customer service where it could be found. Guess others had asked before us.

I do need to contact xpress scripts again today to see if I can possibly get them to do battle once more with my insurance to get the prescription for my thyroid med. :evil:

Woke up about 5:30 and got up again about 7. Now I'm up for the day. Just turned the heat pump on. It was 59 in our room this morning. At least dh was still sleeping. He and dd had a really good time at Sea World yesterday but both his knees were quite swollen when he went to bed.

I've got a 'spot' just ahead of my left arch on the side of my foot that wakes me up with pain. But I can't feel a thing or duplicate the pain by touching it. For the life of me I can't figure out what it is. It's been bothering me for about 6 weeks.

Have taken my T-med and now will brave the cold bathroom and get s2s. Brrr.....

Kathryn, what are "loss leaders"?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:22 am

Ooooo, I know that one. Loss leaders are great prices advertised by businesses to lead customers in. They may lose money on their loss leaders, but will make money in general because of more traffic through the store and good will for/from customers.

I'll be decorating with Kathryn.

Like Dee, I'm
putting into motion the notion
of a "first things first" day today and have one for church work, too, one for housework, etc. I'm going to do these first things and nothing more on each category before I come back to next one on each. So no wrapping today even though it's needed soon.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:24 am

Of course, Harriet! I knew that -just hadn't thought about it. :lol:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:34 am

Monday
LOL. The calico is not as 'robust' as I'd hoped. I might use it as a liner. I need something else though.
bus to yoga. 45min lead time now required I/L 5min drive.
I'd been missing for a month. next wk is the last before Christmas break.
Walk up hill back to bus stop. bus home. Walked long way down the hill because other customers needing stops meant I thought not to ask for a 'special stop.', nor wished to walk over a hill from the next stop.
Lunch and prep for helper. Last wk before I need to be 'reevaluated' after my birthday.
floors done. bed changed.
walked 3 k.
Attempted to write to dm.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:59 am

Bed is stripped and remade, laundry started. I'm fed and dressed.

Opened up the bidet attachment box to show the super.

We may not have enough electrical for it. We have plugs in our bathrooms but the 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, hall light and some of the living room is on one 15A circuit. I've blown that circuit by having my hair straightener and hair dryer on at the same time as the lights in the bathrooms (the exhaust fans are powered by the switch.) That's even though my two hair things are on a power bar but it didn't blow, the fuse did.

I've stopped washing my hair at night because I can't run my hair dryer and the humidifier without the lights flickering badly so we know that's almost too much. That's with the bathroom fans off.

These bidets use 600w to heat the water and also for the blow dryer. That means that if we both went to the bathroom at the same time at night with our bathroom lights on (which they would be) and the humidifier running (which it is in winter), we'd likely blow a fuse. Now there might be enough juice on the circuit for one but definitely not two.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:23 am

Sigh... trying to set up an appointment at a specific bank at a specific time (have to meet the other signing authority and we have to both be there simultaneously) and I can't get through to either the branch or the central book an appointment line. I've been on hold over 10 minutes so far.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:24 am

I am test driving a "Best Self" planner with much trepidation. It's all about goals and results and targets but I'm thinking that it may be good for me and help me get through the research and writing I need to do to submit a genealogy portfolio. I'm starting with just the daily pages for right now. I am wanting to use my time better, and to get more fit as well and and and.... Anyway, I'm not waiting until Jan 1 to start implementing but trying to ease into it now.

And how does one verbalize all the hundreds of housekeeping type things that need doing?

Last night dh and I went to "sit shiva" for the father of a friend who passed away last week. I wasn't able to go to the funeral on Friday (or I chose not to reschedule manicure to stand in the cold snow at the cemetery when dh was already going) so I was glad we went.

Plans are still moving ahead for dkids to move out end of this month. Lots more for them to do in terms of packing, and for me, particularly in revamping dd's room to an office/exercise room for me. :D

right now:
-breakfast and meds
-change of pajamas, wash up, brush teeth, get dressed
-walk the ddog
-empty dishwasher and clear kitchen counters
-sort and start a lol
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:42 am

Appointment is made. The other person can't be there until 4:30 and the last appointment of the day is 4:00. I realized I can be there for 4 so will go ahead and fill in most of the paperwork and have the co-signer show up at 4:30 and hand in her ID. We're all set now. I have to be in the same village singing until just after 3 so this means one less trip out to the rural villages this week (so far we are out there Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun - so it will be a high-gas week.)

Super has come and gone, he'll come back and do the install on Wednesday night after 7.

Return to “Post When You Can”