In Motion Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: In Motion Monday

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:53 am

I am supposed to be in motion already? I woke at 6 and rested until 8:30 ;) :shock: :roll: ;)
i went to the Opera with one of my d sis in laws but missed the gathering with the rest of d family. Dh and dd younger (she drove him) to the gathering They had a wonderful time and I drove downtown with d sis in law and also had a wonderful time.

The Opera was in French so I grasped some of the meaning without having to read it in english - shocker! I was surprised by how many people just go on their own - I like when people continue to do what they love even if others don't come with. I really admired them and loved seeing how enthralled they were.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:27 pm

Dh and I had a wonderful talk this morning! Always a nice way to start the day!

hi kathyrn - cheering you on as you work!

hi d twins trying a new journal sounds like fun.
I will be praying for your d friend and their family on the loss of their father.

hi d lynn!!

hi d dee!!

Hi d harriet!!

hello d everyone!!! much love to you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:35 pm

the day before yesterday I had brought up all the Christmas decorations, we bought and set up the tree (not all the ornaments), etc etc.
So I left the house in chaos and empty boxes - clutter was everywhere. I had hoped that dh and dd's would finish the front room tree decorating and put all the empties away for me but everything was as I left it at midnight on Saturday. :shock: - dh did a few dishes ;)

So now to a room by room manage clutter adventure.

1. front room/living room - finish putting ornaments on tree

ta ta - toodle loo - see you soon (hoping) ready to poof... sparklies - fairy dust - 3...2...1... Poof**** (more sparklies) :D 8-)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:03 pm

Progressing here. Tree is up with the lights on and the garland half done. Literally, it stops half-way down the tree. I suddenly lost energy so went to get a drink from the laundry room and remembered the sheets needed folding while still warm, then I saw I had started to refill the watering can but stopped because I finally left hold with the bank.

Those two items are taken care of and I'm halfway through my snack. The tree will probably be tied to the wall this year as dgs doesn't yet stand on his own so may lean on the tree for balance. At almost the same age, ds pulled down the tree (probably trying to climb it since he was walking at 9 months) and so we have many broken ornaments that I still put up each year. Ironically, it was his own Baby's First Christmas that has finally completely fallen apart after being cracked for well over 20 years.

Our tree is 27 years old this year and we paid $119 for it, assuming I didn't get it on sale. I remember paying either $69 or $79 for it so I'm guessing it was on sale. I'm not sure I'd pay $119 for a tree these days so am pretty certain we wouldn't have 27 years ago. That's when we were living pretty close to paycheque to paycheque, with two mortgages and more debt than I was comfortable with. Within a few years, things turned around when the company dh was VP for finally started to make money, but it was a leap of faith when we bought the house in the village, which had high ceilings so I had to buy a taller tree (that's why I know how old it is!)

OK break (and trip down memory lane) is over - back to the tree.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:25 pm

I, for one, am happy to see shared memories here, Kathryn. Makes for a nice interlude.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:54 pm

Good morning all! Good thing I got gas yesterday. I was not scheduled for driving carpool, but D is out sick. It was a crazy crazy go go go weekend. Friday was the cookie exchange at church. The resulting 6 DOZEN cookies are being enjoyed in the payroll breakroom. Sunday, I had to go to the animal org Christmas party and to the church caroling, both because I had hostessing obligations. DD15 was stuck with homework. The x has a new pattern: have family activities outside the house during his time, forcing DD's time with me to be nothing but homework. She sees through it too. We did get to the River of Lights Saturday evening at least. Because I will be seeing the xBFF next week, I had to make a very unpleasant call home. If you want details, you can read my rant. I updated my pet sitter with the new status of the house felines (1 adoption, 1 death, no more meds). I got LOLs done and actually put them away! The most critical of the church webwork is done. My house is a disaster.

Tonight's motion will be belly dance! Other critical things are:
  • Minutes and notes for the animal org
  • Add some ugly to the Christmas sweater
  • Finish church webwork
The first two both need to be complete by Wednesday morning.

<skippable rant>
Saturday, the x wanted me to pick up DD15 because they were going to a party. Yes, it's another invitation from the xBFF. The pattern is for her to have large parties, which I am invited to. The weekend before that, there is always a small dinner party for the "special" people, which always includes the x, the other woman, and some other usual people. I used to be invited to those. I'm so disgusted with her I can't see straight. Because I will be seeing her next weekend, I had to bite the bullet and tell my dad her latest response to mom's Mardi Gras invitation. She plans on bringing her boyfriend and staying in a hotel instead of in my family home, where, under no circumstances would she be assigned a room with a boyfriend, even if he had been invited, which he wasn't. My parents have never met and were not aware of boyfriend's existence! Mom planned an experience for her daughter, another friend's son, and my daughter, in keeping with the family nature of Mobile's Mardi Gras. Us moms are part of the fun, but not the main focus. xBFF wants to turn it into a romantic Mardi Gras vacation with entertainment and babysitting services provided by my family. When I told my dad, his comment was, "That's ... blatant." Did he mean blatantly disrespectful to the host family, blatant flouting of the moral and social conventions of the hosts and the society in which they live, or blatant trampiness in front three generations of his family? I''m not sure, but it's amazing how much disapproval was conveyed in two words, even over the phone. What the xBFF does not understand is that in my hometown, you can get away with many things if you are absolutely discreet. However, if you force us into awareness, especially if children will become aware, we cannot and will not be seen as condoning it. My dad is going to "give it some thought." Translation: he is talking to mom about how we can get out of this without going so far as to rescind an invitation. I am going to suggest instead of rescinding the invitation, we reiterate it! And give other useful information for the trip. Clarifying by stating in no uncertain terms the presence of children and the fact that our family and those we associate with do not want open, blatant unmarried bed sharing in front of those children. In fact, the adults find it distasteful and uncomfortable to be forced to acknowledge it. All we want is for her to give the appearance of respecting the social conventions of our hometown for five or six days, so she does not embarrass our family. I won't tell her the italicized part, because that would be rude.
Last edited by Elizabeth on Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:06 pm

Tree is done. Dug out family videos of tree trimming 28 year ago. Will try and figure out how to record this to a dvd (dd has loaned me her VHS to DVD recorder.) At the very least, we'll play the video tonight.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:19 pm

my tree is done also d kathryn - finally finished 8-) :D so cool that you have a video of your dear kiddos decorating the tree - I too love hearing your memories

d elizabeth good afternoon
glad your dd is getting the picture - sorry he is playing games
I am so sorry your x BFF hurts you.

hi d dee!

having fun listening to Handel's messiah - I and dd younger took sweet mom in law years ago to the free do it yourself messiah and had such a wonderful time. I am so glad I took her.

time for a little lunch and then clean the front room/living room and put all the empty boxes in the basement

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:34 pm

Dh has the scanner going listening to a house fire up home in our town. Been hearing our DS-A from time to time. The fire department has its election of officers tonight. DS-A should be elected as Chief tonight. Dh has been waiting to 'retire' from fire police until after DS is elected to this position. If he thought he was busy before with the department, the next 3 years will be ultra busy for him.

Dh's brother just called to say that the hospital called to say they want to release his other brother to go home, but there has to be someone there to take care of him. He certainly can't come here and his one db has enough taking care of dsisil. He has 4 kids in CA and one in SC. However only 2 have anything to do with him and I get that. Will be interesting to see what develops. Know dh and I surely can't do it.

Oh, I didn't need to hear this -the building has just collapsed inside and I know there's some of our guys in there. Praying. Do know that DS called it in to the dispatcher as I heard his #'s. Harriet, I know you know how hard my heart's beating at the moment.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:51 pm

(((((Dee)))))
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”