In Motion Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: In Motion Monday

Postby Harmony » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:32 am

Most of you are in bed by now and I'm just getting here. Busy day.

Dee, I can imagine how much you worry about DSon.

Elizabeth, I wish you didn't have this situation with XBFF. I'd like to tell her to treat you and your parents better.

I was very busy today. I got out to grocery and came home with a big cart full of odds and ends. Boy, eating like this is taking twice as long to shop for, twice as much cooking, and twice as much $. We finished the black bean soup tonight so I have to cook something tomorrow.

I've got to start doing more shopping online. I was in two stores and then every store in the mall. I don't enjoy shopping like that any more because my back hurts too much when I do. I got 1 family finished, but I still have 2 DGSons and 1 DSonil to buy for and nobody has any ideas at all for me. The other family had no ideas for me either so I just had to get what I thought looked nice. With gift receipts if they want to take back. Now to get it wrapped for mailing.

DGS at college called yesterday and talked with DH and me. He sounded lonesome. He said he wasn't decorating because "the fun of decorating is doing it with family" and "he couldn't wait to come home and see the decorations there". He is working 20 hours/week now and even though school's done for this semester, he only has the weekend off and Christmas Day to come home. His roommate is gone home for 2 weeks and he is all alone. I bought him a tin of cookies (I haven't baked yet) and an ornament with his name on it that he can hang anywhere. I'll get that in the mail tomorrow. Just feel so bad for him.

He's learning what real life is all about. Incidentally, he got all A's this semester. He's 1 smart kid!

I wish I had LadyM's outside lights up at my house. I need to do something about that tomorrow, ran out of time today.

Off to bed!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:35 am

LadyM, the things you mentioned taking comfort in re: dr, do seem significant. Several times you've said she started plans slowly, or waited until she researched, that sort of thing. Having that careful pace and taking ds' well-being seriously enough to think a while, rather than rush to prescribe - those are reassuring.

Dee, I'm so relieved for your ds!

I'm exhausted and achy. I've been putting away decor and then doing a little extra cleaning before decorating with Christmas things. This has really been all day long. I will surely sleep tonight.

Laundry still hasn't gotten folded.

Cards did arrive - look fine. Now to beg, cajole and nag HRH about signing them, lol. Also need to decide between these photos and order.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:47 am

Tonight was the 2 little girls school Christmas concert. The small town where they attend school is 30 miles from here. I asked dh to go and he agreed. I am pretty sure that this was his first school concert for the grandkids. Although I think he did go see dgs23 when he was in high school and it was a practice concert for state. He will go to their church programs but I guess I never pushed for him to go to the school stuff, as it is always crowded. Dd2 took a picture of the 2 of us and the girls. It was a great picture and she put it on FB. The little girls had beautiful dresses, one was burgundy and white, plus she wore white tights and silver shoes. The other was a solid, lacy burgundy dress with burgundy shoes. Dgd21 commented how grown up they both looked and they did.

I still haven't gotten my decorating done, but I packed away the stuff on the shelves that I use to display decorations. I need to run to the grocery store tomorrow and then I can get home and get started. Yeah, you have heard that before but I have to get with it.

Return to “Post When You Can”