Terrific Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Terrific Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:22 pm

Didn't start cards or stocking but did get the kitchen chores done, three loads of laundry are almost done, I re-vacuumed for a third time in 5 days and have done a lot of tidying so the apartment looks better to me. My paperwork is still a mess.

I'll bring a notebook and my exegesis with me to work on the bus. We should get a seat at least on the way there.

So the morning was not wasted.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:33 pm

WTF = worst things first

It does not have to be something really awful. It can be the most difficult, most awful, most time consuming, and/or most procrastinated item on your list. In this case, the sweater is fun to do, but time consuming and frequently put off because it is not an essential.

blessedw2: The dog ornament may be appreciated as a remembrance.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:54 pm

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF HANUKAH SWEET TWINS!!!

may the light from this night and the rest of Hanukah fill your heart and guide your way through the whole year! Many blessings to you and your sweet family!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:55 pm

I set the timer for 30 minutes to take a break and eat lunch. After eating & CUOP I only have 1 minute and 20 seconds left. Time flies.....

*POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:01 pm

No cards done yet :D ;) I am still trying to catch up on put away from christmas decorating. I did put lights in kitchen

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:05 pm

d elizabeth - I think it might make it hard but I will feel out how she is feeling. Thank you so much for your advice - I probably will do that. I never thought of it that way. Loss of loved pets is always so hard especially after loosing d mom in law.

I have to write down the WTF on a card - I knew I liked it but couldn't remember it... thank you d elizabeth

next take box of empty wrappings from ornaments downstairs
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:11 pm

Dgd stopped by yesterday and returned a couple of things for ddil, I gave her their holiday card the are having the haunkmas her word this weekend so the timing was great. I just have one more card to do.

I have been down in the dumps but at least the sun came out today that should help. Hat to make myself do groc, run. Glad I did it was good to be out of the house. Tears come and go.

Laundry is going.

Wtf worse things 1st today was time in creativity room digging it out moved the toddler bed and table loom & other tall rolling cart switched them around. So it has better flow now in there now. I need to put some things away in that room.

Theme tea party idea is brewing omm. More later ... poofers ~*~*

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:53 pm

d nancy - tea party sounds lovely

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:55 pm

brought all the wrapping paper upstairs from front hall. Set up creche. shocked by the dirt on the chest in front hall when I took of the clutter there - swiffer dusted wall and pie chest and mirror

where does the time go? :o
dishes in dw are washing themselves (finally) :D
counters are emptied and cleaned :D
the stove is soaking :)
sink is shiny :D

boy I can sit on my franny better than anyone :shock: :roll: ;)

next clean top of stove :D
managed clutter in dining room :D

what needs doing badly:
work on family room
vacuum and wash the dining room
vacuum and wash front hall
vacuum and hand wash kitchen floor
vacuum family room

what is on the focus day but not sure If I can do it:
the bathrooms/laundry room that I missed yesterday

hitting a tired spot
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:42 pm

The party was wonderful. As expected, my Messy Friend did not show up. I kept my purse and phone out in the lobby with my coat. I did NOT here my phone ring until just after we finished eating. Messy Friend couldn't find the church... ~sigh~ she drives past it at least twice a day and she has lived here for 5 years longer than me. This is right on the main east/west street. There are only 2 major streets. (The other one is north/south and they do meet.) Messy Friend goes to a thrift store not too far from this church. I honestly didn't think she would come, and to be truthful, I was testing her slightly. She always says how much she wants to join this group. She says it to me, and to many other members of this group, as most of them make up most of our knitting group on Mondays. If she really wanted to be a part of this group, she could have showed up. She texted me at 8 this morning, so she didn't sleep in.

Oh, well.

Someone from dh's work is coming here before they go off to their party. Washroom is clean, I have sprayed Febreeze. Island is actually completely cleared off. Bed is made. Living room is dusted and blanket is nicely folded on the couch.

All that I need to do is the dishes. I am tempted to put all the pots and pans into the oven. Whatever doesn't fit in the sink full of hot and soapy water.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”