Wednesdays' What Where When and Why

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Wednesdays' What Where When and Why

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:42 pm

Ohhhh so much happening here. I "talk" to ya'll as I'm CUOP but always forget each one of our conversations by the time I get ready to post.

Harriet - Congratulations to your DD19! I'm thrilled for her! (and you!)

Twins - I have the BS planner pdf pulled up and ready to read as soon as I get a few minutes. I love looking at all forms of planners, journals, 3x5 cards, etc.

Dee - I use OneNote as my Digital BuJo. There is an active OneNote BuJo FB group if you are interested.

I posted a picture of my Keep it simple daily food plan in H&F thread.

I have been going almost non-stop for a couple of days. I need to slow it down but I don't know what to eliminate. Today I was up and going before 4am and this is the first time I've stopped. I took a chicken salad sandwich with me and ate it for lunch while driving.

Yesterday was DGD6 snack day and she arrived at our home at 6:15am with nothing to take. That meant I had to squeeze in a 12 miles drive to the local grocery store to buy decorated cookies & drinks for her 17 classmates. I didn't think we would make it to school in time, but we did (barely).

Today I had the day planned but when DH got sick to the stomach, .... my plans went *POOF*. Thankfully I had DS9 school lessons planned and laid out. I had to step into DH tasks and do them. So I left DS9 at home with DH and off I went. 4 hours later I am back home with everything DH needed doing accomplished.

On my way home I delivered some items to DMom that I bought for her in town.

Early this morning I made cupcakes and they are still waiting on the counter covered with a towel. I was planning on icing them using what I learned in cake decorating class last weekend. However, now I don't have the time to spend being creative. I' think I'll just slather some canned icing on them and call it good nuf. The people at the church potluck will still eat them.

Next up -
** grade the papers DS9 did while I was gone.
** Make green salad to take
** ice cupcakes
** pick up DGD6 from school
** go cook at church
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:00 pm

I have done a m routines, cleaned the one cabinet in tbe main bathroom for some zone work today swept in there too. Hens are out fir their free range time now. Walked ddog to the corner. Snow has melted yea, some breeze is cold glad to see that becayse of freash air we have been under an air stagnation advisory here this week!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:25 pm

I made a wrap for a late lunch, with some leftover pork tenderloin, hummus, tomatoes and a touch of pesto.

I'm listening to Peter Paul and Mary sing "Light one candle."

Lady M, I'm glad you're looking at the B S elf Journal. I'm liking it, day three.

Going to try to accomplish things....

-put away/get rid of 10 things that are on my desk
-clear the rear kitchen counters
-clear kitchen table
-sweep/swiffer floors
-get rid of/put away 10 items on breakfast bar counter
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:14 pm

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:19 pm

Got home, had chicken for a 3rd night in a row but all the leftovers are now consumed. Dh just ate his meat cold. Did that last night too. Last night I had a teriyaki stir fry (with leftover veggies from the Residents' party veggie tray.) Tonight I fried up an onion, added the chopped up chicken breast and some poultry seasoning and savoury. Stirred in the potatoes dh fried up and had a very delicious hash.

The super arrived a few minutes early but handled the whole bidet seat install himself. I'm glad we did dh's first, I think it is incredibly ugly but I seldom see his bathroom so I don't have to worry about it unless we install the second one.

The super wouldn't take payment, he said, Merry Christmas.

I've cleaned up the kitchen now. We are heading to bed early, I'm out of here at 7 in the morning so need to shower before bed tonight.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:27 pm

There were some really nice Hanukkah gifts and decorations and wrapping papers in one of the three stores I was in this afternoon. I don't always see that. Lots of pretty blue. Twins, why is blue the color at Hanukkah?

I am still going going going. Only my back slows me down.

I cleaned out my pantry cupboards. Wiped shelves, organized everything while I was putting stuff back in. Now I know where everything is. Good thing I did that, I discovered I am out of flour and I have baking to do. That would have been annoying.

DD2 called. They are coming for part of the day Christmas Eve. So that's one package I won't need to send off. And gives me a few more days to get those presents. I picked up 1 thing. Texted DD while I was in the store, saw something really neat and asked if the boys would use those....what do they do? so I told her.... no they do all that on their phones. Pfffffft! These kids have everything. No way we can keep up with that. They don't have any ideas themselves. One wants his first cell phone, the other wants a puppy. And nothing else. Hmmmmm.

I'm glad I did the outside lights. They look pretty in the dark. They get better each year as those bushes grow.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:36 pm

Wasted the evening.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Off to the shower and if I hurry I'll hit bed by 10.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:54 pm

Oh my... I LOVE the Best Self journal/planner, Twins! Thanks for the PDF link, LadyM. Now I've printed out two pages of that (daily & weekly).
I don't think I would purchase the whole thing, but I'm thinking it might give me some good thoughts to incorporate into starting my new journal and checklists for January.

No... Harriet... probably revising my 3x5s is just something I want to do to avoid actually DOING whatever the next card up might say. I'm kinda hopeless in this department. :roll: :oops:
I like polka dots though. Polka dot cards might cheer me up and energize me a tiny bit. Maybe.
Hope springs eternal.

WHAT WHERE WHEN WHY of the day...

Well, my main WHATs were
* wrapping some presents,
* getting final addresses and signing the last cards (now just waiting on pics to come in)
* talking to dmom (for almost 90 minutes!),
* walking (only about 30 min, indoors) while talking to her, and
* going to dgs/dgd's Christmas play at church.
-- It was kind of hilarious. DH fretted a bit that dgs wouldn't stand still and wouldn't sing, and dgs did lose his head gear thing and the rope tying his robe at the waist... but neither of the other shepherds could keep their headpieces on either, and one kept chewing on his shepherd's staff while the other just walked off the stage and wandered around until he went to sit by his father, the pianist.
DGS was very attentive to his little sister, who was a sheep, and I thought that was very fitting that he kept petting her head and pulling her closer to him, until she finally wandered off and followed the other sheep to sit with their nursery worker. LOL.
I love children's Christmas plays.

WHERE & WHEN -- see above... and the WHY is pretty obvious, I guess. IT'S ONLY 12 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS, FOR GOODNESS SAKE!

My WHEN is also always TOO LATE IN THE DAY... and I just see no hope of ever changing this routine we're on... not in dh's lifetime, anyway, and I do rank a happy marriage and a relaxed dh much higher on my priority list than completing a certain number of tasks on my cards. But I do wish I could be a little more productive. The day really gets away from me, sleeping late and eating supper at 5:00-5:30. I do a lot at night sometimes... but sometimes, once the kitchen is cleaned up, I'm done. :oops:
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”