Wednesdays' What Where When and Why

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Wednesdays' What Where When and Why

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:55 am

by the way d harriet - yay for your dd and her scholarship
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:12 pm

That is just crazy Dee. Is it possible they are shipping to NY still?

I took time to check a couple of recipes and put ingredients on the grocery list.

Just now getting out of the house. I was ready to go and realized the ddog hadn't walked. She was quite anxious.

Yes, bw2 and Harriet, lots of proud cyber-aunties here!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:27 pm

Tell DD19 that Dee & dh say, "Congratulations", Harriet.

No I've made sure it's coming to FL, Twins. Hopefully it 'took' this time. :roll:

I just managed to get an underbed storage unit out from under our bed. What's in it were things that I evidently filed away some time ago. DB will be pleased to know that I came across our dDad's WWII papers and discharge papers. I doubt I'd have found them if I'd 'gone looking'. Think I'll copy them and take the originals to DB when we go see him later this winter. Also found my dMom's graduation papers from nursing school way back when.

I thought this container had my files from last spring. Now I still have to figure out where I put them. Problem is we had been packing in preparation of a move that didn't happen. Now slowly am trying to assimilate things back into our space.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:46 pm

Thanks much for the congrats. She is on cloud nine because $ were worrying her. Now there's a little breathing room for her financially. It's not a direct payment of books (the part she pays up front from jobs) but of course it pays into the "pot" that would otherwise be debt and the whole family ;) has to admit she gets credit for keeping that down. Her siblings know that she will find her debt forgiven as a grad present, like similar deals they got. But the 3 of them are surprisingly good secret-keepers on this, all enjoying seeing the youngest one sweat, I sometimes think. That's fine with us. We remember them sweating. Anyone teasing had better quickly tell their sister she's doing fine, lol, unless they want to encounter an "oh, really?" from Mom.

Manager who's hired her 2 summers at restaurant has quit in a pay dispute, plus computer science dept guidance says she should get a tech summer job anyway. Art dept guidance says she should spend summer perfecting skills and portfolio. :? She needs to have her wisdom teeth out this summer and a new employer might not be as easy to find if she had to start out with news of needing days off. So her head has been spinning and she needs this breath.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:55 pm

Love these kinds of secrets!
good secret-keepers on this,
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:04 pm

Good morning everyone! DD15 did do homework at the library while I did my ugly Christmas sweater crochet. This year's ugly (reindeer pockets) is complete. I had to finish it at home though. This afternoon I have an appointment with the gastro PA. The doctor is retiring at the end of the year and is booked solid. I am not having any changes, so this should be ok. Then, I have an animal org board meeting. The time between them is too long to just hang out somewhere when I have things to do, but not really enough to get much done at home. It would be a good time to get dinner, but I always eat with a friend after the meeting. Idea: will call the person I eat with and see if she would like early!

Next WTF = Christmas gift crochet. B&B also needs to be handled. Office is providing lunch at the holiday party.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:12 pm

family room could use a good washing underneath - walls etc. but not until after the holidays.
but I did vacuum and easy swiffer duster, everything is decorating simply. a little wet wiped pottery and put on fireplace again with a few cedar boughs

dh and I started talking about what gift (experience or learning) we will be giving ourselves next year.
dh and I have decided the gym will be our together gift - we never quite get there but when we give things to ourselves as gifts it seems to become part of who we are. Last year was French and i will continue that path but it is no longer a gift but is helping me keep my mind sharper and I no longer look at is as something I have to learn 100% in one year - it's the process that counts.

I still have to think about the out of my comfort zone challenge for 2018. I Have not been able to focus on this since October.

hoping to get to d mom's to drive her car to keep the battery going while she is gone and to get her rum cake recipe.

also hoping to go back to work on family history and cooking blog
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:17 pm

d elizabeth great job finishing the crochet and good job to your dd on working on homework at the library

hi d dee so happy you found those papers!

hi d Harriet - so happy she is on cloud nine! she deserves it! so cute that they keep that secret! I love those kind of secrets as well!
My sweet dad did that for me - at 18 he started to collect rent and when dh and I got married he surprised us with a savings book of my rent payments

hi d twins yes definitely
lots of proud cyber-aunties here!

after lunch: kitchen :D
empty dw :D
rinse dishes in sink and wash cookie cutters :D
clean counters :D and stove :arrow: and table :D
vacuum kitchen floor :D
may wash floor by hand :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:29 pm

Finished the minimal amount of paperwork. Will gather it up to take with me today to show my co-signer.

Forgot to eat lunch. I have 15 minutes to make and do so.

Two loads of laundry are done.

Will download a podcast to listen to on my way to singing.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:52 pm

I am having lunch with you d kathryn,

Return to “Post When You Can”