Wednesdays' What Where When and Why

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Wednesdays' What Where When and Why

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:29 pm

Coming back through here at home, groceries unloaded and mostly put away. I have challah going in the breadmaker so need to go see dmom, and then be back here in an hour.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:34 pm

We got a dusting of new snow in the nite.
I have gotten off to a slow start today. Been putting off dusting the steps 2 the basement & mixing up cookie dough got those 2 items done. Took the trash out.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:46 pm

Chilly windy day here.

I was up and out early to the post office, having wrapped 1 family's gifts and got them packed up. Post office was mobbed and we all stood and waited for the inner doors to be opened, and then for a while there was only 1 person at the counter. But I got it done. Stopped at another store on the way home but found it not opened yet either.

Back home I got the rest of the lights out and I like how they look. Then I trimmed the passion fruit at our entry arbor since I already had the ladder out for the lights. Filled up whole garden cart with vines and leaves that were on the porch and in the grass. Looks pretty good out there now.

Desk chores, looks better there now too.

I'm going to run down the street to the store that wasn't open earlier.

Harriet, that's a super surprise! Your DD is one lucky girl.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:17 pm

finished with hand vacuuming and hand washing the kitchen floor - all those prickly pine needles vacuumed up as well (for today at least :D 8-) ) actually it looked dirtier than it was because of the needles.

had to tape a falling down lights in the kitchen - those 3 m things don't always work.
lunch is done

hi d harmony stay warm! well done on getting out a present! your lights look beautiful! yay on desk work too

hi d nancy i am sure the light snow looks beautiful!

hi d twins wow grocery shopping and unloading - that is always a struggle for me - see you later!

I did do a stash - I dislike doing that - my kitchen table where I work and sew was filled and I knew I didn't have time to do any work there so I put it in a white laundry basket and left it on a chair in the kitchen :roll: :shock: ;)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:22 pm

Hi and congrats from another cyber auntie!!

Couch/sofa/chesterfield has been delivered. The perfect fir with around 1/2 inch or so to spare.

Because my island was clear, I was able to wrap my dd's bow and arrows with space to work. So I wrapped the rest of the gifts as well. Besides his stocking, dh is getting 2 books and an 8 pack of assorted teas that I found at Marshalls. I went in there looking for a box of Canadian blueberry tea. I found one box of that, which is going in his stocking. I just need to go and buy him 1 more gift for the stocking, which will be his shave and a haircut. He has decided that he likes my Crocs, so I might track down a pair for him.

Tonight is Hamburger Helper and dh would like spinach with it.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:53 pm

Because my island was clear, I was able to wrap my dd's bow and arrows with space to work.
well done d cathy

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:56 pm

next surface vacuum and swiffer rinse the dining room and the front room - I should hand wash it because it needs it but I don't want to today

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:20 pm

Home again. Visited with dmom - hearing aid still lost and also lost is her "pendant" call button. They were checking everyone's to be sure they worked. :roll: Gave myself a break by stopping at T uesday morning and found beautiful royal blue cloth napkins that can be used for Hanukkah. I'll put one under the menorah on the front porch for color.

I was planning to work on genealogy document work this afternoon but I need to straighten up kitchen and have just a bit of downtime.

When I got home the first batch of challah was ready to shape and it's rising now. I started a second batch to have some for us and some for the hostess tonight.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:31 pm

sounds lovely d twins!

I quick vacuumed front hall, powder room, dining room and living room and did a slip shod swiffer duster and rinser.
I should do the bathrooms but I have decided I am done for the day with work.

dd younger will come with me to d mom's to find her recipe she wants and her blue clogs (sometimes my d mom looks like those cute little gnome when she wears her clogs and her red above the knee pea coat. :D 8-)
It's snowing here - yay but I had hoped it would wait until after dd older stopped by. They say we should have 5 inches yay!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:33 pm

At the bank now after a good Carol Sing.

Have thirty minutes before the meeting but they have free WiFi so I can work on my service.

Return to “Post When You Can”