Force Be With You Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Force Be With You Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:30 pm

Home!

I ache all over!

Shoulders and arms from carrying a little boy.
Back from bending over to walk a little boy.
Hips and knees from walking, walking, walking him in the stroller and at the play place, I'm over 11K steps for the day.
Assorted other bits of me from getting down and up off the floor and crawling around. I really regret not doing yoga!

Dgs was gold. Total time with me was 3.25 hours. Twice he made known he wanted mamamamamama. The first time I loaded him into the stroller and he was asleep within a block. Which was great except I was dressed for a 15 minute walk, not a long, long, walk. It was windy and while my upper body and feet were warm, my legs were not great. I found a large courtyard outside of the equivalent of the CIA building and walked around and around and around. I couldn't believe security didn't show up, but they didn't. There is a long entrance way (like 300' long, I suppose to give them time to tackle anyone attacking the building) and it plus the building at right angles plus the parking garage on the opposite side gave me shelter for 3 directions.

Once I identified my legs were cold, I left and immediately realized how sheltered I had been. My legs are still cold, hours later. But I walked for 50 minutes. Dgs woke the instant we came into the mall. But he was pretty laid back so I got 2 errands run in the mall including picking up a doll for him (he got to pick it out and play with it while waiting for mommy.)

We had snack when I last updated here, then I walked him around the mall for a bit, then he started in with the mamamamamama, so I bundled him up and she texted as we were walking across the parking lot to the theatre. We went on for dinner and he was absolute gold the whole long dinner (almost 2 hours.) He had only a half nap this morning so the second nap was absolutely required even if it was just 40 minutes or so.

He had signed potty to me twice but wouldn't go in the toilet either time. The diaper was dry the first time but I changed it the second time. He signed the same for his mom and she showed me how she holds him over the toilet (I was doing it wrong.) He peed for her and went back into the dry diaper. So lots of cheering him in the bathroom!

As big as he seems to me, he's really little compared to other children (mothers all compare their kids at play places, so I knew how old the other babies were and most were 3 - 5 months younger and more steady on their feet.) He can now say Klara (the name of his stuffed doll) and is very grown up in other ways, like holding out his hands to have his mittens put on.)

I'm home now and despite 2 mugs of tea and 2 ibuprofen, I'm still exhausted, cold and sore. Debating bed although it is awfully early to go to bed.

lucylee

Re: Force Be With You Friday

Postby lucylee » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:17 pm

OH GOOD GRIEF!!!!
I just lost the LONGEST post EVER!
I was commenting to EVERYONE and was so thoughtful of all you had going on... and was sharing insights re: my thoughts on planning weekly & zone items in the coming year...
and POOF.
I tried to undo a sentence and BAM -- it was gone!

We're going to see a movie. The Man Who Invented Christmas. Dh knows I want to see it more than Star Wars.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”