Force Be With You Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Force Be With You Friday

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:45 am

STILL sitting here being a slug.

I ordered some stocking stuffers for the 4 younger DGChildren. I am putting old fashion type games in the stockings - Tiddlewinks, Jacks, Pick-up sticks. I am hoping DSon kids don't already have those old-timey games.

I also ordered a gift for DS9 to give/exchange with friends at public school Christmas party next week. I have an alternate gift on hand if this one doesn't make it in time.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:57 am

Good morning everyone! DD15 wanted to study at the library again. However, it was chemical bonds, which she enjoys so there was only one "short break", which was self limiting because it occurred just before the library closed. I handled a DPC from the library lobby. Unlike Kathryn, I don't want to cancel Christmas, I just want to postpone it a few weeks. I have so much to do, including get together with traveling companion friend, who is in town.

No worries about Star Wars spoilers from me. I saw the original three, liked the first, not the second and found the third so-so. I saw episode one and thought the pod racing went on WAY TOO LONG. It seemed an ad for a new ride at Disney. Lost interest and have not seen one since.

I am assaulting eyeballs at payroll with my ugly Christmas sweater. Future uglies will be: sparkly fringe, lacy sleeves (current texture = area rug), and a hood with reindeer antlers. Ear warmers with elf ears may be in the future, but not attached to the sweater. I was also given a light up Christmas bulb necklace and earring set. Only one coworker is safe - he is red green color blind in one eye.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:03 pm

Hi!!

"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!" It's snowing here again. I love it when we have snow before Christmas. I don't think it's all going to melt away in the next 10 days.

I slept in this morning. I need to go get cat food and cat treats (Temptations, any flavour) and coca cola. Dh should be home for lunch soon and I think we are trading vehicles. My tire light came on yesterday, so he wants to check to see why.

I need to start decorating the tree, but the cat loves to sleep under the tree and I hate to disturb her.

Dh wants pizza for supper. If memory serves me correctly, the Fridays in December at any restaurant will be busy. Maybe I will order from Pizza Pizza for delivery.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:51 pm

may the force be with all of you Friday too!!!

d cathy after I finish my holiday shopping for dd's I would love it to snow! enjoy the snow! My 2 cats also love sleeping under the tree - lol dd older said they decorate the tree as much as the ornaments.

hi d elizabeth. totally understand about postponing Christmas a few weeks so that you can get everything done.
Such a cute outfit you will be wearing

d lady - you may be sitting here but you are definitely NOT a slug. congratulations on tooth number 9 for ds9
I am thrilled your that he will only have 2 a week after next week - it really helps.

celebrating d Indiana! She was a keeper and it's so nice that we keep her in our hearts here during the year!

praying for the young man with pneumonia
happy christmas prepping today d Harriet
I love that your dd19 is home! How great is that.

hi d harmony! so happy you slept better last night.

d dee I hope your eye feels better fast. I also hope an idea "pops" in your mind for your dd's Christmas present today.

hi d book good morning back ... wow you already have started so beautifully - well done. take care

d lucy look at the work you did last night and yesterday (even getting the dishes done). I like that your journal is having you work in 30 minute intervals. clever - HARPS for us in my area is Hooved Animal Rescue & Protection Society and also towards the city it is an Irish pub :D

d kathryn don't worry about your cards... you will get them done... I haven't started mine yet either but I know you and I will get it done.

hi d twins! Hi dear everyone.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:04 pm

I lost a present and have to find it so I can drop it off today.

Yesterday I mailed off presents and they won't get there until Wednesday or Thursday - Scares me that I waited so long to mail them.. I really cut it close.

dd younger finally figured out what she wanted for Christmas this year - yay - I only have to buy her the coffee. (we (dd older and I) call her our little Manny- from Modern Family) :D

lol they all call me Cam from Modern family ;) :D

I know what work needs to be done - bathrooms: but I am not sure I want to or not. I am not sure if I want to do any major cleaning or be creative.

have a great day everyone.

I have to find that present.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:32 pm

Well, I got a good start and then crashed, was so tired I went back up to bed for a couple of hours. Not sick, just tired.

When I came back downstairs I found a message from work calling me in from 1 to 5:45. My poor coworker still feels awful.

I put a new chicken recipe in the crock pot. I'm trying to figure out what to have for lunch.

I would like to get at least 1 project cut out before work so I can jump into sewing tonight. I still can't find my rotary cutter. I can just use scissors, though, which I did for many, many years before I could afford a cutter and mat.

Better keep moving. BBL.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:40 pm

I have been off track today. I was up in the night with ack land bs #, got up with low. Had breakfast & s2s x, fed animals. Feeling ishy so taking it easy in clean pjs now. Store run will wait.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:41 pm

Thanks, blessed! I found another whole sheet of Christmas address labels so tried to get those done before mailman. Drat! Missed him by seconds. Oh well, at least they're ready to go out tomorrow morning. Finished up all my Christmas letters and those cards with letters were put out in the mail earlier so they're on their way.

Just had my lunch. My weight has been slowly creeping -all in the wrong direction: UP! :shock: Time to take hold and get those off before the end of the year. So many temptations this time of year and I was not doing well with them -but I know I HAVE TO!

Dsonil actually did the dishes before we got up this morning. I just never got to them yesterday. That never happens (either way).

Dh is waiting for his db to pick him up to go visit their other brother. Understand he's been transferred to a care center of some kind. Imagine it'll stay that way. Sure his wife won't be taking care of him.

Have pork chops thawing for dinner. Dsonil said he'd put them on the grill when dd is on her way home. Found glazed carrots in our freezer (from Thanksgiving) so am thawing them as well. Have to cut up potatoes for roasted potatoes. Will fix peas since dsonil has said he'd like them. Don't think he eats the carrots. (they have honey in them and he refuses to try anything with honey or lemon in them.)

Feel better, Nancy.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:08 pm

you must have needed the sleep - especially after being near someone who was sick d book! glad you took a nap! Hope you find your rotary cutter.

hi d Nancy - good morning/afternoon - I hope you feel better!

I was thinking about Lynn this morning - hope you had a great day

Yay on those christmas cards and letters! How nice that those dishes were done by your d son il. Praying and thinking of your dh's d brother.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:11 pm

paid some bills and I did find the present!!! I am ready to drop it off - about an hour away. dd younger hopefully is feeling better as last night she was hit with pain and then a doozy of a migraine all night. I knew she was beginning to have "that look" before the pain kicked in. I don't think she realizes it but I can see it on her physically.

I have decided I will not do house work today. Just the basics of dishes, dinner and duds as well as a garbage run as needed.
I probably will work on Christmas cards and wrapping.

getting lost on the computer so turning it off
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”