Force Be With You Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Force Be With You Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:46 am

The new Star Wars opens today.

No spoilers, please (I'll get a lot at dinner, though, since the family will likely want to discuss the film I haven't seen.)

One of my preaching resources suggested tying the sermon into Star Wars (not hard to do since the central theme is good conquering over evil) but since the average age of my ladies is close to 90, I won't!

I will wish you all the ability to harness the energy of this life to do good today.

May the Force Be With You as you move through this day!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Force Be With You Friday

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:52 am

The "Force" is with me every day I think.

Today would be the birthday of our beloved Indiana. So Happy Birthday, Indiana.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:57 am

Dear Indiana. She was a Force that brought us all together here.

I'm up and just finishing up tea and chocolate. I created the file for Dec. 24th's service so that's ready to be worked on next week. Still turning ideas for this week's sermon over and over in my head.

Tomorrow I need to create an Advent Wreath for this year. I have some ideas to pull it together. My Advent Wreath is something that didn't make it through the move;h I decided I wouldn't need one at home anymore since I'm so involved with church. Didn't figure on having to do services in a non-church space and needing liturgical decorations.

We leave around 10:15. I need to s2s and get all the Christmas Cards done by then (or at least the out of town ones.) I'm seriously considering using an e-invite for the Boxing Day party this year. That will wipe away a ton of work for me and reduce the costs as well.

I told dh I was thinking about cancelling Christmas since I didn't have time for it this year. He didn't believe me.

This morning I changed the programming on the Christmas tree lights so they now come on at 6 and go off at 8:15 in the morning. It is so dark, I need that extra enjoyment from the tree. In the evening, with the lights on windows, over the TV and tree, I feel surrounded by the warmth of Christmas when I sit in the living room with the regular lamps off.

Not sure when I'll be back today. Depends on the timing and how much independent play dgs does at this place: http://www.cosmicadventures.ca/

***Poof***

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:14 am

I'm moving at a slower than normal pace this morning. Since there isn't public school on Friday here we don't have to get everyone fed and DGD6 out the door on time. DH just offered to cook breakfast for everyone this morning. Usually I do that task so no I am now moving double slow. Parkinson law is in backward mode for me......Time expands to fill a task. Right now time is expanding as I fill it with leisurely CUOP and posting.

I had plans to go watch the Star Wars movie at the noon showing today. Last night DS9 asked if we had to go watch it at the theatre. No, we don't have to. My main reason for planning to go watch it was for DS9 enjoyment. He asked if we could we wait until it was available to buy online. DS9 is a bit claustrophobic and doesn't like being closed up in a dark room with strangers. IMHO, DGD6 is too young to watch this movie but DD said DGD6 can watch PG13 shows. Since we won't be watching it in the theatre that is a non-issue since we have multiple screens at home. DGD6 can watch a different show while we watch Star Wars movie.

I would love to spend a day cleaning and organizing our home. Room by room. That's my goal for the day.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:32 am

Good morning, villagers ~
All week I've been counting on having today at home to work on Christmas preparations. I still have several gifts to make, stocking stuffers and food to organize, nothing is wrapped yet. Not baking any cookies but I want to make fudge, cranberry macadamia bark, and spiced nuts. I haven't put out any decorations at home yet.

One gift needs to be finished and wrapped by tonight because it needs to be delivered tomorrow morning.

I might not have all day today, though. Yesterday my coworker showed up with a cold and she steadily got sicker throughout the evening. I kept telling her she could go home early, we were slow enough that I could handle it by myself. She insisted on staying until closing at 8. I don't normally work on Fridays but if she is still bad today, they might call me in for her afternoon shift.

I put a load of clothes in the washer already. DH has been launched out the door. Dishes are soaking in the sink. I can't remember where I put my rotary cutter. I need to eat breakfast before starting anything else.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:41 am

Dear Indiana. She was a Force that brought us all together here.
Definitely agree with that statement, Kathryn.

Just finally finished getting s2s, and meds taken. Also put dh's meds up for just today. I'll do the rest of the 2 weeks after I have breakfast.

Someone down the road had a whole load of building materials go by about 8am. Hoping it might be the house that was burned out before dh left to go up north last spring/winter. Hmmmm.....editing. That big long truck just backed all the way down this road to the main road and backed on to Main St. Trusses, etc were still on it, so am mystified. Evidently not for this street.

My left eye was definitely on the rampage through the night. I don't see any sign of conjunctivitis so hopefully it's a temporary thing.

Seems like I never got to anything here yesterday. So this morning I will don an apron and get at it. May the force be with me.

Need to go give some thought to what to get dd for Christmas. I've been uninspired this year!

I also enjoy those Christmas lights when it's dark around here.

Oh, I peeked at xpress scripts again this morning. SUPPOSEDLY it has been shipped -finally!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:51 am

Booksaver, I hope you didn't catch what your coworker had. Maybe she needed the hours (pay) that's why she didn't go home?

What am I doing here? I always get a slower start if I come here first. But DH is gone somewhere and the house is quiet. He had a full day of work planned with a helper but supplier made his product wrong and has to re-do whole thing...so he should be home. Hmmmm trucks are here, where is he? Maybe the neighbors who want him to do some work?

Harriet, about the phone thing: there are bunches of free games. DSiL tells me companies don't track what people are doing specifically to care about your habits and mine... these free games are only because they can track what one clicks on next and it's all for marketing data. I had told him not to get us any of those dot things or people who answer your questions and listen to what's going on in the room because I just find that creepy. I'd read they monitor your energy usage too.... but he says no one cares what we're doing it's all for demographics, market analysis. Who's to say for sure.

And the PBS special has been on here several times during fund raisers. I saw about the last half of it.

Kathryn, are you really going to cancel Christmas? We'll just call you the Grinch! :lol:

Ok, today's chores:

LOL going, need to hang up.
Finish wrapping.
See about this computer if I can find DH. It needs to go back to install the virus protection. I tried yesterday, it never connected and tried this morning and the connection screen just disappeared when I clicked on it.
change beds
wash sheets
dishes

I slept way better last night. Put the warmer blanket on the bed, I did not wake up cold. However, that can't be it, this sleep thing started back in Oct before I needed a blanket at all.

Oh, the star wars thing...I noticed there was a lot of marketing Christmas things with SW logos and now I understand because the movie is coming out. 2 of my DGSons were into that and I got one of them a really cute SW tee shirt. I'd like to have R2 D2 and teach it to clean my house.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:19 am

Harmony - I wonder if it could possibly be the weight of the extra blanket that helped you sleep? I have several friends that are using weighted blankets to relieve stress and anxiety. I have been thinking about getting/making a weighted blanket for DS9.
1. Know what you want.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:24 am

Hi

thanks for remembering to us that today was Indiana's birthday

The young man was diagnosed with "mild pneumonia" yesterday. :| Yeah, right, I remember "mild pneumonia". Thankfully, this is a calendar break from school, at least, and, more importantly, his mother is a Force.

Today requires a finish on some Christmas prep that should take me out to the final project of wrapping.

Barely started on monthly report, I "should" try to finish and have it off my mind. We'll see.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:58 am

DS9 lost a tooth yesterday. He doesn't believe in tooth fairy but DGD6 does so I still put some money under his pillow. This is his baby tooth #9 to lose. Only 11 more to go? Hum.....looking at chart

I am being a total slug. It feels strange to not be at max productive level. I have been looking through and doing preliminary planning on next week schedule. We have 3 places to be at the same time next Tuesday so I told DD that she needed to make arraignments for someone to get DGD6 from school at 12:40pm.

I am sooooo excited for next week. It will be the last time we have to take DS9 to 4 medical appointments each week. He will only have 2 a week after next week. That change will make available about 6 hours of time on my weekly schedule......well....on second thought. Not really. It just makes 6 more hours of time to put toward homeschool lessons each week. But it does mean about 100 miles less of driving each week as well as a big drop in medical expenses. We have great insurance but our co-pay for these 2 weekly appointments is $200-$250 a month. ANYway, this change will give some relief in the schedule, travel, and expenses. BUT most of all - it means DS9 is making progress so they can cut his appointments necessary in half.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”