Force Be With You Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Force Be With You Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:13 pm

In the car on our way to meet up with dd. Dh's call didn't run too long but has left him with a hard deadline for Monday.

I had my lunch at the church during Dh's call. I am finishing up while we drive along.

I finished the inventory of donations for the next family and tidied the place we are storing things. I still have to enter it into the spreadsheet but that will be quick.

I did the out of town cards before we left and I dropped them off at the post office so they got into the system today. Still have local cards to do.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:54 pm

I didn't get a chance to post earlier. I was straightening up for dcleaning lady and then she texted that she was sick and couldn't make it. She will try to come tomorrow if she's better. But dd and I had planned to go pick up my new glasses this morning and doc wanted to dilate my eyes so I needed her to come and she was having something of a hissy fit because she has a lot to do at temple today. I rushed through breakfast and walking the dog etc so we could be there when they opened. I'm not sure I like these glasses as well as the old ones. In the last years I've tried to get "interesting" glasses and these really aren't. I'm kind of wishing I had gone for the red ones!

I got into bed and covered up my head for awhile and kept eyes closed. My head and eyes kind of hurt but I think I'm ok with the light now. DD has gone to temple and ds is off work today and Z, his friend/our other son is getting here so they are at lunch I think.

Bottom line is I didn't do much planning for today...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:03 pm

Got all my errands done and I dropped my car off for dh to find out why the low tire pressure warning comes on.

It is still snowing. I have brought all the Christmas décor into the house and I have had my shower and washed my hair, so no more excuses to start decorating.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:18 pm

I just lost a loooong post. *Sigh* Most of it was just thinking outloud.

Thank you for the idea of using a nest camera at DMom's home. However, she has no wifi available there.

DD tracked DGS23 down today and talked (yelled) at him. She told him to stop taking his "friends" to his Great Grandmothers home and to stop asking her for money. I knew something happened when I saw DGS23 cussing and ranting on FB about being an adult and can do whatever he wants. He apparently needed to tell the world that he doesn't have to listen to anyone. *sigh*

DH encouraged me to take some time for myself today. I took him up on the offer to take care of the kids and packed my drinks and laptop and took off. For lack of a better idea I ended up in the nearest big city hospital cafeteria. I wanted a place where I could do some planning in peace. I wanted a place where I can drink my water and coffee. This place meet those requirements. I am surrounded by people but none of them know me so they ignore me. If I went to a local library or coffee shop then I would be interrupted by friends wanting to talk. I suppose I might be having an antisocial moment. Although I've yet to accomplish any planning yet...... So far I have...
** Updated the church FB group with details about Tree of Love (aka Angel Tree)
** received text from lady in NYC informing me that she is mailing a $500 check to me to be used for kids (see above). Her brother attends church with us and this is her Christmas gift to him = donating $ in his name.
** called Pastor and told him about the incoming check.
** received multiple text from DD, DGS21 and DBro. Responded to them.
** Received message from a lady trying to get hold of DH with a need. I messaged DH her name and contact information.

I think I'll unplug from wifi and focus on ME and doing some planning before my time alone ends. *POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:34 pm

You reminded me, Kathryn, that I wanted to say re: the house fire on Monday. Friends have told us that DS-A was on TV that day or the next talking about that fire. These people lost everything, but their hardest hit for them was the fact that they had several thousand $$ of wrapped gifts for needy children. But since that aired there have been tons of donations -I think there usually is when people lose charitable money/gifts during this season. Seems every year at least one or more places have their toys/gifts stolen. Chances are they end up with more than they had to begin with.

Just finished straightening the kitchen/dining areas and all the baking area. Did up the few dishes we had so we can start fresh. Had things that had accumulated on the dining room table and I have dispersed those. Also just put the LOL in the dryer twin so will have those to finish up pretty soon. Think I'll turn on a Christmas movie for a bit.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:39 pm

I need to so some planning as well, LadyM. Smart of you to find a place out where you likely won't run into anyone.

My first success was getting the Tai Chi dvd to play. I need to start reviewing it daily.

Need to make a list for some Christmas stuff - we don't celebrate but I do give a few people something.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:59 pm

I saw a bit of snow coming down when I looked outside a few min ago. Last time I was out doing errands Mon. I think it was in an anti social mood did not want to run into anyone I knew so I came home for lunch I did not want to run in to my friend and hear about her issues with her mom. Sigh grief was hitting me pretty hard then. I am better today but w ishy tummy dare not atempt lunch in or out. I spilled hot-ish coffee on me so had to change. Got mail nothing of any importance came. Did not get penpal letter off. I did nap a bit & knit up a few rows. I have laundry going ready to go in the dryer.

The ground is white it is sticking now. H came home thr boss sent the crew home at early noonish worked out treat bc h forgot his lunch. posting from stat bike. I have eggs boiled and cooling to devil in a bit, cookies are baked and cooling too. Laundry should be ready to fold as well.

Deviled eggs are done. I put away cookies wout eating even a crumb yea me. 1st shoveling of driveway done, ddog helped herd hens back to the coop. Next up fold laundry. Got a gift card for a cafe but we are not leaving the property tonite.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:55 pm

At the mall. Having a snack and then we'll bundle up again and go to the theatre across the parking lot. It is snowing hard so bundling is required.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:39 pm

Called for a pizza at 4:15 after being told it would be an hour for delivery. Pizza showed up at 4:45. The really great thing about that was that dh showed up at home a few minutes after the pizza guy left, so the pizza was still hot. Dh was very grateful to not have to go out tonight. He brought me home flowers for no reason.

Fire in fireplace, tree lights are on and outside lights are also on. No other lights on. Very cozy here in our little nest.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:19 pm

I had a delightful 4 hours alone. I moved from the hospital cafeteria to an empty waiting room so I could plug in the laptop. Wifi, coffee, peace....ahhhhh my kinda of a break....even though the location is a bit unusual for someone to use as a break place.

We rode around and looked at the Christmas lights tonight. I can mark another one of our yearly Christmas traditions complete.

I am hopeful to spend tomorrow cleaning. I find it kinda weird that I am now bothered when our home isn't clean.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”