Snowy or sunny Sat.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Snowy or sunny Sat.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:00 am

It is snowy here 3.5" of snow now. Snow removal is on the list now. Got out the snow shovels. The dog loves the snow & has been having a ball.The hens now so much. How is your day shaping up? The coffee is on. Off to journal & get the a m routine done. Then wash up the sheets. I thawed out soup.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Snowy or sunny Sat.

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:36 am

Nancy: thanks for starting us off. You are up early!

After snow yesterday, we have sun today.

I'm up but not really going. Surrounded by visible to-dos. We have cancelled our one event for today (a concert at the church, the only one this season where we were NOT singing) so dh can focus on recovery and work. I'm still sleeping in the spare room so I slept ok last night, just up once and almost 8 hours in bed. Dh said he woke up frequently in the night but thought he felt better until he went to get up and discovered he was dizzy. That was just the congestion moving, he's no longer dizzy but really congested.

I'm done my tea and chocolate so need to get going. Will look for something to listen to while I move about.

I spent 10 minutes culling my in-box and got it down to 1220. I have 10 hours in Vancouver airport on January 1 so I intend to make "Get Control of Email" my focus of the day. With any luck I'll be able to back it up and start the new year off with email under control.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:21 am

Dcleaning lady has cancelled for today also, she is still sick. Best not to get us sick, as well!

I am going to walk at 10 a.m. (eeek!) w dfriend M, who has been away taking care of her sister after surgery. Need to get ready!

-into clothes, clean up, brush teeth
-quick breakfast smoothie and meds
-walk Muffin, who can't do the long walk M and I will take with R uby
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:34 am

I just woke and missed my walk with my d sis in laws! :x I am so mad at myself as I really wanted to spend time with them.

wishing you a good morning
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:48 am

Well, it's sunny here, but still a tad cool. No snow I would hope. Meanwhile DDIL-A up home continues to hope for lots of snow so they can maybe catch up. DS-A had a "manager" who took them for many thousand dollars (like in well over $30 or $40k) last year. It put them in a terrible position of recovery. Uh, yes, he's no longer with them -he was fired last year. A difficult situation since he's often where we all are. We are civil but that's about it -it's hard for us but forgiving is our nature. Forgiveness vs forgetfulness. Ds actually had to buy 2 more loaders this year to comply with a couple of his contracts -most likely apartment complexes. He also had to install water and bathroom at his shop in the village. So it's been an expensive year.

We gave dh one job to do this morning. He was meeting the men from church at 7:30 for breakfast. From there he was going to church to install some locks. We gave him ornaments to hang on our Love Gift tree. I asked him about 6:45 if he had them -he did not but then did. Between our bedroom & the entryway he sat them down to pick up the rest of a cookie plate (he might starve between here and G olden C oral you know). He left the ornaments. Arggghhhh! That means we either have to go back up there -an hour round trip! Or we have to go to church extra early tomorrow to get them hung. We did give him a chance to redeem himself however. DD needed some more baking supplies so called him and asked him to stop on the way home to pick them up: flour, sugar, brown sugar, regular bottle of coke and molasses. Gave him specific amounts because I know HIM! If 1 is good then "2 or 3 would be even better." And by next Christmas they would be stale or worse. :roll:

Ta-Da! Put the remainder of our Christmas cards out in the mailbox this morning. Do have a couple awaiting checks that will probably go in boxes of cookies that we'll send up home. DD wants to finish baking today so we can get them sent out by mid-week at the latest. Oh! really by Monday.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:16 am

Dee, you aren't likely to get this in time, but what about buying some more ornaments and returning the other ones (assuming they were new) or considering it a 'stupid tax' (and expression my dbil coined to cover when we spend more than we have to due to our own mistakes.)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:19 am

I sleep sooo good last night. Two hours longer than my normal sleep. I piled pillows and blankets on top of me in an attempt to imitate a weighted blanket. I didn't think I would like that weight on top of me while I slept, but decided to give it a try since it is helpful for others. I will be trying it again to see if it was just a fluke.

DH and I are home alone for a few hours. DD & DSIL took both kids with them to the big city to do some exploring.

Yesterday at Sam's they had marked their HUGE poinsettias down less than 1/2 price. They were not wilted and looked to be in perfect shape. I brought several of these 3' tall plants home with me to give away. They need to be delivered today.

I have S2B and washed hair. I have it piled on top of my head to dry for awhile. It usually takes my hair several hours to dry. I'll brush it later today.

Next up -
** Prepare breakfast for DH and me. We go through phases of what we like to eat for breakfast. We are currently in a breakfast burrito phase. :)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:29 am

I've had breakfast and tidied up the kitchen. I had not done dishes yesterday so there were tea mugs from Thurs and Friday nights plus Friday and Saturday mornings, as well as my lunch-dishes from yesterday and two days of breakfast dishes. Not a lot but more than enough to make a mess.

I've also listened to next week's preaching podcast (still have 2 more but may not bother.) It sparked something and I've completely outlined the sermon for next week and written the blessing. Of course, I have nothing written (or even a decent idea) for tomorrow's sermon!

I don't know if I should try and bash out a sermon or s2s next.

LadyM: I bought one of those last year around the 9th and it lasted well into the new year with blooms, I think March, maybe. I put it on the balcony in June but the heavy rain flooded it and killed it. Still 6 months out of a plant for $20 is pretty great. I'd buy one for this year but I'm not going to be home in January so there's no point.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:30 pm

lady so happy you slept so well last night!!!

I am cranky so I will just head off to do errands and work - lol I will stay away today for awhile until my crankiness disappears - have a great day everyone :D wasted an hour on the computer already
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:41 pm

It's sunny and beautiful here but chilly.

LadyM, I am sleeping way better since I put my down blanket on the bed. Up to 2 hours longer. I am used to sleeping pretty warm most of the year. Not sweaty because I put the overhead fan on and the air helps that, but with the house 79 or 80 most of the year I am uncomfortable being chilly. For me it isn't the weight (because the down blanket is really light) but the heat.

Well, I am here! Slow but sure. Was surprised to get up and find DH had drug out the old computer and hooked up this beast! New fast one went back to the store where they'll get the anti-virus installed correctly. I never could get it to attach to the company. And they'll check out why it wouldn't wake up twice from sleep mode. We'll be glad to have it back.

Lots of progress in the past couple days. All the shopping finished, even the gift cards. Everything wrapped and sitting at the tree. Been doing cards a few at a time, today I finished the rest of them. They're not great cards, used up most of the left-overs in my card box, but they're sent off most with a personal note inside.

Laundry caught up too except for the 1 that's hanging to fold. Sheets washed. Doing good here.

Bought some things for cookies. I will put together enough for a cookie platter to serve Christmas eve. and have a tin for 3 people, very few to save just for us. We don't need to be eating all that stuff with butter in any more. That's today's plan, to get this baking done.

Have a nice day!

Return to “Post When You Can”