Cinema Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Cinema Sunday

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:49 pm

We all love "Polar Express" here and watch it every year. Also amazed at all the animation & that Tom Hanks plays all those parts. Bought it in 3D last year for DS-A's family. They have movie room & has 3D player. Every time we watch it, we always say. "Oh my gosh! Imagine this in 3D!"

We all splurged on Longhorn S teak House last night. Having leftovers for lunch. We were in our seats in 3 minutes albeit probably 50+ people waiting. Did call ahead seating for 6pm. We were actually seated before that. Tipped our waiter well & asked to see the manager. Told him how pleased we were with EVERYTHING! He had an apron on & was bussing tables. Must have told our waiter as he came over & thanked us. We had gift cards to cover it all.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:54 pm

Service is done and we are on our way home.

Dh needs to get some work done.

I may or may not come back out for our village church service. I haven't been there for a service this Advent. This is my last chance since all services next week are at the second point in the Charge.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:14 pm

Kathryn - Thank you for the link!

I had a good time this morning with DSis. We attended a different church than we normally go to. It was fun to hug & visit with many lifelong friends that I don't see very often. Being in a different church gave me a new appreciation for my church. I'm too weird to be comfortable attending a "normal" church.

I'm going to relax this afternoon and hopefully be ready to gear up for the week at 5pm.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:54 pm

My Christmas cards are done (except french cousins and aunts and uncles -French is still hard for me to make legible sentences ;) they are addressed and stamped but now needs translating ) It took 2 whole days.. I have to be better next year to breaking it up over the weeks before December 8-)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:00 pm

enjoy service d kathryn

hi d nancy hope your side feels better... also those cookies sound wonderful - wow on the slush (sorry you weren't able to go for your walk)

hi d dee I am so happy you had a wonderful time yesterday out for dinner!

hi d lady! so happy you had a great time with your dear sister!

Hello to all.

Now for clean up of cards except for Europe family
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:58 pm

My favorite Christmas movie is It's a Wonderful Life.
Modern movies, LOL, I love all the dysfunctional family movies. (They make me LOL at my crazy family and think how lucky we are.)
But I guess really, the only modern movie that stands out in my mind is the National Lampoon Christmas Vacation. Isn't that the name of it?

I may be going back to the cinema tonight. DH is thinking he wants to see Star Wars tonight.
We just got back from grocery shopping, and basically bought enough to last till we return from the Bowl game on Jan. 1. DH said we needed food for 24 meals at home. I didn't even count or think about it, I just bought what was on his list. We don't usually buy that much so it was quite an adventure. We about had Our War over loading the grocery cart. :roll: ;) Movie may be anticlimactic.

But we're off... See y'all tomorrow!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:30 am

I walked just used the fresh snow to walk on abpnd stayed offthe frozen slush went after lunch later for a ten min. Walk. Finished a section on thepink baby blanket, finished knitting a dish cloth started another one.
Watched a western Christmas movie w h.

Like the Christmas story with period costumes, sheep goats and other animals in it not sure the name. It was on this weekend only got to see part of it. Hope they run it again.

I cooked spagitti squash and we had tomato sauce with meat on it yum! I did spagitti squash slices rounds w egg cooked and cheese on top excellent with left over meat balls!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:56 am

I watched Miracle on 34th Street and While You Were Sleeping tonight while working on the stocking's embroidering. Sigh.... I'm not the sewing/stitching grandmother and it shows. Of dgs' 7 letters, the M is slightly smaller than the rest. I'm not sure if I should try and redo it or just leave it. Picking out the stitches will be my last resort. Dh thinks I might be able to fix it with just a couple more stitches at the peaks of the M and another stitch at one of the 'feet.'

My perfection really delayed me in doing this and I hate to let it control me like this. Working hard on 'good enough' but that's hard to do. I need to model this for dd who is pretty paralyzed by perfection as well. The t-shirt I converted to a V-neck for her was also not perfect but she couldn't tell because she didn't do the work herself.

Need to go find the stocking hanger. I had given her two of them before dgs was born and kept 2 for our stockings. Now I have a way of putting up ours without a hanger so ds's (which is still here because he doesn't decorate for Christmas) is using one and I have a spare in a bin downstairs. I'm hoping to slip it into dd's house and hang it next to the the other two when she isn't paying attention. Which means a trip over there this week.

It is very late but I'm off to bed now. Dh is still up. In his rush to make his delivery today, he mis-dated the delivery. It is bugging him too much to settle to sleep so he's off fixing that. No wonder dd suffers from borderline OCD, she inherited a double dose.

Edited to add: adding the few extra stitches did the trick. Now I can settle into sleep as well! I have to sew the stocking tomorrow but that is a straight seam and is already marked so I just so along the line. Even I can do that. Then I trim the felt with pinking shears and I'm done. Maybe 30 minutes left plus another 15 for cleanup (putting away my machine, etc.)

Return to “Post When You Can”