Cinema Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Cinema Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:02 am

What is your favorite seasonal movie?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Cinema Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:05 am

I'm sitting in an old fashioned cinema waiting for Polar Express to begin. I've never seen it.

My favorite would have to be Love Actually among modern films and the original Miracle on 34th Street among the classics. Bernard and the Genie is a family favourite but not many have heard of it.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:31 am

Morning....
I don’t have a favorite Cmas movie... perhaps because I’ve never been a big tv fan, books are more my thing. I usually watch the news and an hour or so for tv at night and then read till it’s time to sleep. Growing up I wasn’t allowed to watch tv at night on school nights, only on Friday nights, sat and Sunday’s so I learned to love reading.

I’ve always slept with heavy blankets especially during the winter and believe not having their weight on me during the summers is the main reason I don’t sleep well in the summer. I have a 50 year old Afghan my aunt made for me that is very heavy and one of my go tos during the winter. When at my moms we always sleep with an electric blanket, quilt and opened windows no matter how cold it is outside. It’s my favorite way to sleep. Even here I tend to move over to the quest room. Throw on a blanket and my Afghan and sleep with the windows open.

Growing up I remember crawling out from under my warm hole, sliding on my slippers and robe and heading for my breakfast after I closed my windows. When I began dating my mom would have my windows opened and my bed turned down when I came home. Usually my big old tabby cat would be sleeping in the middle of my bed and the challenge was slipping into bed without my cat turning around to bite me cause I had disturbed his sleep.

My assignment will be over this Friday. It’s been a hell of a job with less teaching and hours of counseling and consoling of these kids. It’s been very exhausting but well worth it. However I am really looking forwards to sleeping in a cold dark room with the windows open and staying snuggled down to sunrise, which around here is 7:30. Gonna enjoy it for as long as I can cause the summer heat comes early around here.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:28 pm

Hi!

I like the black and white Scrooge and the Muppet Scrooge movies. Same movie, different actors.

We have done the grocery shopping. We got out early so there were no lines.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:29 pm

hello hello Happy Sunday d kathryn, d Cathy, D Rose, and d everyone!!!

I love almost all Christmas movies... I watch every year: The best Christmas Pageant ever, Muppet Christmas Carol, It's a wonderful life is still special to me - I love the Christmas carol live and the black and white version, I love listening to old types of music from the holidays that remind me of family time. I love Christmas choirs with orchestras and listening to Handel's Messiah - such an experience with voices of so many people along with beautiful opera voices https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx0b-jHuXcw, (see minute 2:12 - it is exactly how it is), because of d mom in law as we went to it in person years ago.(I recommend anyone who loves music to attend even if you can't sing - I pretended lol) , I also love Peter Paul and Mary's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1cRXgDFiSs always a favourite!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Norma

Postby Norma » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:35 pm

I am a big fan of Christmas Story. We watch every year. I grew up in Small Town America in the 40's and sometimes - well a lot of the time - I wish for those simpler times. Watching Ralphie and his quest for a Red Ryder BBG Gun takes me back to those times and I do better when I can relax, enjoy and forget the "fake" news.

I am glad Rosie is done with her mission this coming week. It has been taxing for her and..ummm - not a fun time. I know she does love her "kids " and wants to give them her best. There should be more people like her - willing to still give although retired.

We had our first Arizona storm since we came in October last night. It had not rained here for over 3 months and we need a lot more.

Last Christmas card addressed and stamped and now to get them in the mail.

Have a wonderful Sunday. :D
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:39 pm

d norma good morning.
yay on getting those cards done!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:40 pm

going to finish my Christmas cards - I have about 10 more to do and that's it. I mailed out a bunch yesterday evening.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:03 pm

We really enjoyed The Polar Express! I now understand how it is considered a classic. And the animation was amazing!

On my way to my service now.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:34 pm

Not a fan of holiday movies. We watched one with Tim Allen on it last nite better than I thought it would be, and Stalone had a new one both on net flicks enjoyed the beef cake in it lol.

I have a sore side from shoveling or lifting new vacuum one handed.
H chopped carmels for his lunch cookies ch. Ch. Chip carmel ones.

I have slept in till 7:30. Animals have been fed & watered. I have a plan for meals 2day. Joyrnal and ex. Both half done. I need to get blankets back on one bed. X

Walked to the corner w ddog 3" of slush is now ice changed plans to staying home.

Return to “Post When You Can”