MONDAY MANTRA

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

MONDAY MANTRA

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:05 am

"I will get it done, I will get it done, I will get it done."

Things keep popping into my head that need to be/get done! Been awake since 4am thinking, thinking, thinking.

Need to see if I come across some very important papers -the original. Sure we put them in a very logical place. Found the copies last night but sure dd needs to know where she 'hid' the original with stamps.

Quite foggy out this morning but it seems to be lifting fairly quickly.

Dh wants to go to L owe's this morning for some washers he needs for building dd's shelves in the laundry room. There are already cupboards and a shelf the length of the room. But below that is a huge empty space. He's building shelves in that, leaving a space for brooms, mops, vacuum, etc.

Kathryn, glad you were able to finish the stocking to your satisfaction. Think I'm a bit like you -always striving for perfection.

And before I forget! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELLYPHANT. Just in case you happen to stop by today wanted to be sure you know you're thought of!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Re: MONDAY MANTRA

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:04 am

I think today my mantra is to do only what I want to do. And it's okay to do nothing.

I had too many people and too much weekend. We were at temple on Friday night, at a R otary party on Sat night and out again last night at friends' house for Hanukkah and latkes. And yesterday, after I slept late (thankfully) dh suggested we go shopping for a rug for our Dining room (we've told dkids they can have the current rug from our DR) so we were out all afternoon in the rain and shopping frenzy and also needed to pick up groceries so I could take a dish last night.

I just felt shell-shocked from people and too much and having to even talk. I laid down for about 45 min yesterday when I had a chance - didn't sleep but just wanted quiet.

I do need to do some things today but I'll think about that later.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:19 am

Happy Birthday Elly!

hi d dee thank you for starting us! Good morning!

Yay d twins on doing what You want to do - good for you!

I missed d lucy last night - good morning to you.

Good morning to all you wonderful women!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:22 am

When I read the title, I decided my mantra would be 'get her done!' and see that Dee is on the same wavelength.

I've got the bed remade, the sheets in the washer, the previous load ready to be hung up and I'm s2s.

Not sure what's next but there's a long list. I think vacuuming and dusting the bedrooms and then hanging up the clothes on the drying rack.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:23 am

I didn't finish the Europe family cards and I must do them tonight with or without dd olders help (she is work and I know this week will be super stressful and busy with all the last minute work that needs doing)

today:
2 errands
work on family grab bag gifts - wrapping and creating
I need to come up with white elephant gifts for Sunday
finish cards

make copy of d grandmothers recipe and send it out to family (get frame for it and hang in kitchen)

Hi d kathryn! may I have some of the energy you have this morning?!!! Have a great day.

Oh I think I see Elizabeth.. good morning

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:25 am

My mantra is "Just do the next thing". I say that to myself about gazillion time a day. Earlier this morning I was frozen in overwhelmness. Everywhere I looked there was something waiting for me to do. I finally just grabbed a rag and a bottle of Windex and cleaned a large mirror. That got me started and I was able to do instead of just thinking about everything that needs my attention.

DS9 is doing homeschool lessons in typical Monday way. I r-e-a-l-l-y hate coming back from a break. Keeping a regular routine works fine until you get off it. Getting back into the groove is a struggle. Today DS9 is struggling with radius, diameter, parallel, perpendicular, perimeter, and area. It is like he has never done those before. I find myself wondering if he is faking it because it makes no sense how he can know something one week and be totally clueless the next. Thankfully my patience bucket is full and I'm not letting it frustrate me.

Today is 2 Christmas parties at school. I am planning to ignore all sweets and not take one single bite. That is how I am handling the temptation today. Tomorrow will probably be a different method.

Schedule today
** 9:45 DS9 to doctor appt
** 11:00 - 2:45 DS9 to school for lunch, recess and Christmas party with his friends and would-be classmates.
** 6:30 Christmas program at school.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:09 pm

Happy Birthday Elly
I have fed the animals.
I need to get groc. List in my purse.
It is warming up here. We have a window of opportunity before a cold snap between the holidays.
I dumped the trash.
Finishing up on home blessing hour later on in the week.
Have a great week!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:27 pm

hi d lady and d nancy

I got lost on the internet searching for white elephant ideas - you know going for that "perfect" idea (no such thing without a tremendous amount of stress and time)

I have what I have to do.
trying to get dd younger going - pain level was high yesterday for her

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:35 pm

Tomorrow will probably be a different method.
Don't we all, LadyM? Good plan. :lol:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:14 pm

Next thing - flip laundry.

Return to “Post When You Can”