TUESDAY TACTICS

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: TUESDAY TACTICS

Postby lucylee » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:54 pm

ci to report another day of doing nothing.
That is, after attending dgs's class party...
going to post office & drug store...
calling (2 places) to order bar-b-que for Christmas Eve...
calling dbil & dmom to report on dgd...
calling doctor's office for refill (dh didn't notice he was out of refills)...
calling drug store to see if doctor's office had updated (they had not)...
playing Where in the USA is Carmen San Diego with dgs...

I just had to take a nap this afternoon. I was running on about 3 hours sleep.
But dgd is here now and she and I are going to the nursing home to meet ds/family to go eat.
She feels pretty good, but since she had the fever this afternoon, ddil didn't want to expose her to the nursing home environment, or them to her.
I hate that I missed it tonight, b/c I think dsgm may be up there for rehab, (broken hip last week) -- but dh & ds will make my apologies.
So... I guess I better sign off and get on the road. Need to check dgd's diaper one more time...

(((HUGS))) for Rose and others in need of some TLC tonight.
(((Harmony))) -- my ddad invited people at the last minute to Christmas Eve breakfast once for no apparent reason. It wasn't like they didn't have somewhere else to go, either. Only two people, though. But it made us all mad. Even ds, b/c ddad instructed him to "bring your banjo." DS grumbled... "No one asks Granddaddy to 'build something for us' when we're having a family holiday meal... why does everyone think I want to just go around playing for them all the time?" LOL...
That may sound a bit selfish to some of y'all -- that it made us all mad -- but it would have been entirely different if these people had NOT had somewhere else to be. We always suspected ddad was helping the other man make a "statement" -- that he wasn't going to let the woman dictate their plans for that Christmas. Shaking my head.

So good to see Sunny popping in on us! I know you must be so busy!
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:22 pm

I have no energy tonight. Could it be because I'm 62 years old, took care of kids all day long, was gone from home 7 hours, traveled over 50 miles with 2 kids talking nonstop.......nahhhhh....I must just be feeling lazy tonight.

I suspect some of my drop in energy is from disappointment. I am a bit bummed. We have made changes to our eating habits and have GREATLY reduced/eliminated food dye and sugar. We have been faithful in doing 2 chiropractor treatments each week. When we first started these changes we noticed DS9 tics immediately were reduced and we had great hope that we had found a source of the cause. However, now the tics are back worse than ever. We have discussed what could be causing the surge in tics but can not come up with anything different to point our fingers at. The worse tic now is his butt cheeks having spasms which means he can't walk or sit normally. When that tic happens, it causes his pelvic area to be pushed forward. DS9 is greatly embarrassed by this tic and is trying to hide from the public. His jaw tic has also taken a huge surge in frequency. he has started keeping licorice or chewing gum in between his teeth to prevent the sides of his mouth from being chewed up. This tic is causing his jaw to pop which is painful. We might have reached a point that we HAVE to put him on medication and just accept the side effects as not being as bad as the damage from the tics themselves.

I'm going to bed early. Tomorrow is another day with another full schedule. Sweet dreams
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:30 pm

Hi everyone!

Dh and I took a drive to the Falls to see the light show! I didn't really want to go because the traffic is always so heavy. He reminded me that it is Tuesday night, so we went. I took some pictures but they were all blurry because the traffic never came to a standstill, therefore dh never fully stopped the truck.

We were having a discussion regarding the cleanliness of the house tonight and dh said something along the lines of how the house reflects on both of us and he doesn't care what people think. He will bring people in with no warning. Like yesterday for example, he just brought this guy in and showed him all around. The island was covered with Christmas decorations and a turnip and a cabbage and a box of oranges (small ones). There were also clean pots and pans to be put away and some dishes in the sink. Was that a good thing or a bad thing or just a regular "this house is occupied by 2 humans" kind of thing. We have been having an ant invasion this week, but I have 3 ant traps down. We live in a rural area and our house is right on the ground over a concrete slab. Bugs happen.

I have decided that I should try to make things shine a bit more, but I have to figure out how to do that.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:03 am

I survived payroll. Have pj's on tonite now. I am a bit weary. Wed. Off then
Thurs. And Fri. Work days not sure about Sat. Off Sun.

Got a new holiday turtleneck green w silver holly leaves a good color and warm. I am considering wearning it on Christmas Day.
Seems I got a 2nd wind after knitting a bit.
I spiffed up all sinks swished comodes.
Cookies have been baked.
Got a bit done in the master bedroom.
Trimmed hubby's hair.

Earlier Txted dd about holiday plans tba.
A letter to get in the mail Wed. For Anti Proscranation Day & a phone call to make. Laundry needs attn. As well.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:44 am

((((HUGS)))) and prayers, LadyM. So sad to hear this newest development with ds9.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”