TUESDAY TACTICS

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: TUESDAY TACTICS

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:41 pm

I got a seat on the bus so can play on my phone during the commute.

It feels great to have my regular hair back. It was too long.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:47 pm

hi to you on the bus d kathryn!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:57 pm

hello sweet ones!

dd younger had two of her dr. appointments done! He wants to get her on some sort of routine with sleep even if her body isn't agreeing. He suggested that she set up a routine during the day that also focuses on on complete quiet at night - no tv, no phone or computer and complete darkness starting at 2 in the morning as she is up all night right now and she needs to take melatonin as well as not eating after 7 pm. Keeping our fingers crossed. about a week 1/2 ago she slept for 42 hours in 2-1/2 days so go figure.

We also stopped at
our local store for old fashioned candy to finish one white elephant gift.
the g ap for dd younger (she wanted to pay for it but without working I paid for it this time even if she disagreed - she doesn't ask for anything so it is nice to help her once in awhile)

we ate lunch late and I "know" what I should do but I am getting a sore throat and am exhausted so --- nap time before wrapping presents
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:13 pm

Home from today's planned events. I am emotionally DONE. I have decided that I'm not going to WW tonight. I just can't handle another thing right now.

Time with Linda was spent with her telling me every detail about discovering she had cancer. Linda has an amazing mind for details. Her 3 hour non-stop talking to me today sounded like ...."At 10:23 they came and got me for an MRI. They took me on a rolling bed and we went to a room that was as big as this room and the kitchen. They asked if I could get from the rolling bed to the MRI bed, but I told them I couldn't. They used the sheet to move me from one bed to another and then the MRI started at 10:45." and on and on and on. She would switch from black/white facts to feelings and immediately be almost in tears. She told about the doctor coming into her hospital room and saying "We have the test results back. It shows that you have diabetes and it also shows that you have pancreatic cancer". Then she asked me "Do you think the doctor should have told me that I had diabetes before he told me that I had cancer?" I think that he should have told me that I had cancer first". **sigh** She really didn't expect an answer but just needed someone to let her talk it out. I'm sure she has repeated this whole monologue multiple times. My heart goes out to Linda and her family as they surround her with love and care.

DH stayed with Linda while I took the 2 kids to town for DS9 LAST APPOINTMENT with the speech pathologist.

I thought of LucyLee when Linda told me that she has her Mother's journals. Her mother died 6 years ago and these journals are one of Linda's treasured possessions. Linda said her Mother wrote in her journal every day from 1958 through 2011. Every day she wrote details of what happened, the 3 meals that she prepared and her plans.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:50 pm

Thanks, Norma, for the info on Rosie. Know how debilitating those migraines can be. DD just went to their urgent care clinic last week.

DD came home a much happier camper. She had not received an email telling her she had won the award. Seems they sent it to "Joanne" J @ etc, instead of "Jodi" etc. and it came back to them. She does get the award. Whew. Thanks for any prayers and good thoughts. That was a significant chunk of change -$6,000. Figured that would help since dsonil is out of work. He talked to the state again today and it seems they have his birth date wrong -thus the reason he hasn't been able to access the unemployment site. He's been out of work about a month now and I know they don't do 'retroactive'. Maybe things are starting to look up.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:58 pm

I am back from errands good news got 2 balls of the blue yarn hoping that is enough to finish this section of a project. The Christmas party went as well as could be expected. I have walked the dog. payroll in an hour. I need a
plan for dinner.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:20 pm

Sigh of relief ... meeting and gift exchange at work is done.

I sewed into the wee hours last night and finished the sewing this morning. I added a "winter emergency kit" to each one and got them all wrapped just in time to drive to the meeting. The shopping bags were fun to make and the fabrics were really pretty. Coworkers appreciated the bright, cheerful colors.

Now I just need to cut & sew 2 more bags and then my Christmas gift sewing will be done. Deadline for those will be Sunday morning, to have time to wrap them before the family party the afternoon of Christmas Eve.

I'm planning to make treats Friday and Saturday. Not planning to bake any cookies because I know we will have an overabundance at DSis's house. Last week I cooked and froze the ground beef for the nacho sauce we're taking to the family party, so Sunday morning all I'll have to do is put it in the crock pot with the cheese, etc., and that will be easy to throw together.

I feel as if I'm forgetting something major ... but I guess there are a few days yet for whatever it is to pop up.

There is still a possibility that we'll get a last-minute invitation from someone in DH's family, in which case I'd have to figure out food to take.

What I'd really like right this moment is a nap. I'm going to try very hard not to fall asleep yet. I'm going to try to go to bed early tonight.

Lots of chores to catch up between now and bedtime. Need some caffeine. And chocolate. I managed to do all that sewing without breaking into the chocolate because I didn't want to get any on the fabric -- I don't know how I survived! :lol:

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:27 pm

Hello everyone! I have been cuop the best I can at odd times and have been whispering replies to you all . I'm sorry that I can't remember everything.

Happy Hanukkah! to Twins' Mom and dfamily. ((Hugs)) for that birthday brunch also!
Congratulations to Harriet's dd for her scholarship.
RRose, feel better soon.
Harmony, you are really earning your stars for heaven, as well as several halos! Wish I could be there to help you. ((Hugs)).
Lucy, happy that dgd came through her ordeal well.
Blessed, ((Hugs)) for dd-younger. Hope the new routine will work for her.
Dee, happy that your ds is ok after that house fire.
Who else?? I know there were others with news worthy of concern....

These past few days have been very busy for dh and me. Tues dh had the echocardiogram and Thursday we went back for the follow-up results. Test turned out good and doctor confirmed that the issue was indeed a Takotsubo cardiomyopathy. Heart function is better. Ds#2 stopped on his way home from work to bring down the Christmas totes from storage shelves in laundry room. We spent Saturday and Sunday going through all the decorations and got rid of a lot of tree ornaments that were worn beyond their time. We have a lot of really nice ones to keep. We put up our small 4 ft. tree this time, some garland with tiny white lights, the nativity set and a few houses on top of the entertainment center for the living room. In the dining room I decorated my little 2 ft. tree for the buffet and on the dining room table I have the stuffed cloth tree my dsis made for me many years ago.

The PT nurse was here today. She will come once more this week and twice next week and that will end dh's physical therapy. The regular nurse comes tomorrow and probably one more time next week.

Ds#3 called yesterday afternoon to say hi. They have been trying to find the right time to come for a visit, but have been so busy with both he and ddil and dd20 working and dgs16 with school events. He said they are now wanting to come during spring break next year. He also told me that ddil is to have an operation in the next week or so and he is taking some extra time off to be with her afterwards. (It will be a working time off - his job never stops as Budget Analyst/Resource Officer). Ddil will be off work for two months.

Today I have pulled out the small box with the extra holiday cards and have started the signing and addressing them. Hopefully they will be ready to mail tomorrow. Some are ones I have used in previous years; I hope the receipients don't remember if they happen to receive the same card as last year, because I sure don't remember which card I sent to who. :lol:

Oh, I've just remembered Lilac's news of her dfamily. Congratulations to dK's mom and dad. Prayers for dsil D.
Lady M, prayers for Linda. Also, it is nice to hear that ds9 has his last appointment for that doctor.
Dee, nice to hear the good news for dd. Has dsil heard from the company in the Bahamas yet?

Time for me to get some supper ready for us.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:06 pm

I'm so glad to see updates from ((((Sunny)))) and about (((((RR)))) Thanks Norma! I find myself thinking about them and wondering how they are doing.

DD had told DGD6 that she didn't have to go to school today. I rarely disagree with DD about DGD6 but I did speak up about this. DGD6 is in my care during the daytime and there was no reason for her to not attend school today. DD said, "They aren't going to be doing anything since it is last day before Christmas break so she won't miss anything". I told DD that I don't need any extra hours of childcare added to what I already do.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:30 pm

Tuesday tactic was to clean the fish tank glass , late. I let the dust settle overnight and this morning vacuumed it and replaced plants in what I hope will be a more successful way, and refilled. Fish seem happier now the top of the tank isn't clogged with weed.

Eating breakfast now - it cooked while I did the fish tank.
Fish tank dregs to go on some pot plants, and syphoning things to go away.

I need to make tactics for the rest of the week.
Plan what is needed to do, and travel times..

Appointment tomorrow. Travel Friday.
Maybe find something more for littlest dgds, though what they want for, I have no idea. Maybe some matchbox cars!
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”