FRIDAY FINISH LINE

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

FRIDAY FINISH LINE

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:10 am

Well, almost the finish line. I've been awake since 4am thinking about the fact that we have nothing at all for dsonil. Eeek! I do not want to go shopping for gifts today, but it looks like I have to and I have no clue! I do want to pick up a pair of slacks for dh. We discovered I only brought one pair of grey slacks and he has some light beige ones, plus his suit. Don't know why I didn't bring another pair. Might try to find him a shirt as well.

We have to go to Bartow this morning to the property office. DD is going to try to get their property records concealed. She's been told she just has to bring her restraining order (against T) with her. Since we understand she's back in this town, it would be just one safeguard. From there we have to drop off a trunk load at G oodwill, then a trip to Sam's. Have to sit down and make our list(s) first.

Plan to drop off a large cookie tray to the fire department down the street sometime today. It's been a tradition for us for about 5 years.

Thyroid med was taken about 40 minutes ago, so it's time for me to get a move on. Move it, move it, move it!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: FRIDAY FINISH LINE

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:27 am

Good morning, Dee! Thank you for turning on the lights in the village this morning!

I'm sitting here by my tree lights. It does make me happy to step out of the bedroom hall on my way to the kitchen and see the living room lit up by the tree. I love the way we do our tree, it looks magical to me and is so full of memories. So I decided the lights would be on during the dark of the morning as well as at night so I can enjoy the tree more this season.

Normally the decorations are up until Jan 2 or later but this year they'll come down on the 27th or 28th due to our travel.

I'm settled on the sofa and will start working on the sermon now. Tea and chocolate are at hand. I've been to the bathroom. Email has been checked and cute facebook videos watched. I really like the one retelling the Christmas story via text messages.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:54 am

Finish line...just the way I’m feeling, however “made it” seems to be a better way that infeel. Last morning of driving through horrendous morning traffic too. Can’t wait to sleep in, but that will need to wait to Sunday as my hair appointment tomorrow is at 8:00 am :shock:

Oh and it’s so cold here today I get to wear my winter coat. I’ve had it for nine years but only get to wear it an average of 5-7 days a year. At this rate it should be good for another twenty years or so :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:01 am

I'm in full on rush mode this morning. I need to s2s, walk ddog and clean up for dcleaning lady and be out of the house at 9:15ish for my "mani-pedi" pampering.

I need to go by the temple today to drop off stuff for the Hanukkah project - gathering goods and items for eight different charitable orgs.

Last night when I visited dmom I found one of her glasses lenses on the bathroom floor, and she was wearing glasses with only one lens. The lens won't stay in the glasses because the acryllic is broken along the bottom, so I'm not sure what to do. I think I may need to super glue it together and try to get an eye exam after Monday.

On my way, getting things done...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:21 am

Good morning, villagers ~

Thanks for opening the thread today, Dee. For DSIL, since you're planning to stop at Sam's anyway -- does he have a favorite snack food? DH and I don't really exchange Christmas gifts but I like to get him a little something anyway, so this year he is getting a case of pistachio nuts in individual serving packets. He'll appreciate having them down in his mancave and I won't have to worry about him having an open package down there going stale and attracting mice. Would your DSIL like anything like that?

My priorities for today's Christmas preparations:
* sew gifts for DMom and DSis
* figure out what I'm going to wear on Christmas Eve
* make fudge
* try new recipe for cranberry/macadamia nut almond bark

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:33 am

Hi!!

It is snowing and blowing here.

I had to go outside to move my car. There was absolutely not a single flake to be seen either on the ground or in the air when we were outside last night. Everything had melted away. Now it's a winter wonderland again. It looks like being on the inside of a snow globe.

Music is blasting here. I was up before dh this morning and his alarm goes off at 5:30. :shock: I have nowhere to go and I am wide awake!

Dishwasher has done it's thing. I have also cleared off the kitchen table and removed the light that dh keeps attached at one end that has a light with a large magnifying glass in the middle of it. He uses it at least once a week to get a sliver out. He is so rough on his hands.

Tonight is leftovers of cabbage and potatoes from the night before last. I think I should figure out some sort of meat because dh is such a carnivore. There is a little bit of cottage roll in it, but not even close enough to being enough food to satisfy him.

He has requested mincemeat tarts for Sunday. That is one of the things I need to get done today after he leaves to go back to work at lunchtime.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:40 am

Good morning ..

I think I killed my ph internet connection turning off the power before I left. :cry:
I fluked a ride to the station with a

Neighbour.grrrr. On ph posting.

Its being wierd.
Needed to pretend to be the little engine that could, huffing and puffing my way up the hill to DDs place. Arms and shoulders had enough.
Just because i can put a certain amount in my bags, doesn't mean I should.
Milk spilt from cold box into shopping cart :?
Got some books, wrapping paper at the edge.
My lie down had to wait.
Time will tell if my cleanup of one is better or worse than the split milk. A fav. Meditation bk.

Tomorrow into city . Last chance for dgd 4 & 7.
May be others too will miss out on the dollars.

It's still hot here. Pushed the doona into a cupboard.
Hoping for sleep tonight
Try not to think. A msg to me.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:14 am

Hi Lynlee, I hope your day went better. No use crying over spilt milk. Why not?

Yep finish line in sight. I was up early but DH out earlier than that. He has a big job today with a helper, thank goodness. I think he's only worked "hard" a few days since his hospital stay. It's on my mind today, a bit worried.

Tweezers and magnifiers in all the vehicles and magnifier light in the bathroom. Cathy, DH gets a lot of splinters too. I try to wear gloves when I help him, my skin isn't hard and calloused as his.

Organizing the rest of my day here. I've cleaned up all the things at my desk and made it look presentable, since it sits in the corner of the living room. All it needs is a dusting. Checks in the mail.

Going out for a few things at a couple stores. List is started. The fog is finally lifting, it was thick here this morning.

Twins, too bad about your DM glasses. I guess they never found her hearing aides?

Dee, happy shopping! I don't have enough for DH either. But we've discussed spending too much money this month anyway. I lead him over to the calculators which I really need and would buy anyway at some point and said buy me this, and it's wrapped under the tree. Easy-Peasey and he was happy he didn't have to figure anything out and shop.

Ok, I am wishing everybody a successful day.

helia

Postby helia » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:37 am

Hello friends. I'm already on Plan B for the day. I'm running late and have lots I want to do before my airport run, so I'm going to skip the WW meeting this a.m. My scale says I'm up about 0.5 lbs. Not what I want to see -- but it could be worse.

Very appropriate title for me today!

We're above freezing now, so not too cold for us.

Main goals for today:
1. Finish Cmas shopping, if possible. . I've done all I can do, and now, I need to make a trip to the mall. :o
2. Airport run to pick up dd19 and friend K around noon. K is from Taiwan and will be staying with us for 2 weeks. She's been one of dd19's roommates for the past year and a half.
3. Get the room ready for dfriend K; this may be finished after she arrives here.
4. Get Maia's food from the vet; I've already called so it should be waiting for me.

I'm going to head out the door after some qt and some list writing. I'll shop as much as I can and then head straight to the airport around 11:45.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:59 am

Sermon is finished. Service is finished. Which gives me two days free of worry. Woot!

Our New Year's Plans are slowly coming together. It looks like we'll celebrate on Perth time, therefore 11 in the morning on the 31st. Our guests will arrive on the 29th or 30th. Which means I'll have guests (sigh - maybe they will sleep at dd's since I really need the spare bedroom for packing.)

Time to dress and eat breakfast. My computer is recharging now (I had been using it on battery.)

Cathy: we aren't getting your storm, we are just north of it. But it is snowing here now and will for a few hours. We never lost our snow so this is just icing on the cake, so to speak.

Return to “Post When You Can”