FRIDAY FINISH LINE

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: FRIDAY FINISH LINE

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:18 am

hello d helia! So nice to have you here before the holidays! Good morning

d dee your post today is perfect!
Thank you for turning on the lights in the village this morning!
d kathryn I ditto your gratefulness

Good morning d kathryn - enjoy your work on the sermon!

Good morning d rose Stay safe and warm in the cold!

Good morning d twins as you are in your full rush mode. Sorry your d moms glasses keep breaking.

Good morning d book! enjoy sewing and cooking today!

Good morning d Cathy Stay safe too in the cold and snow too!

Good evening d Lynn. Stay cool! I hope you can relax and really get a good night sleep. I hope tomorrow is such a good day.

Good morning d harmony wishing you a successful day as well!

Good Morning to all our wonderful SHE'S that I missed yesterday as well and all those coming in today.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:30 am

finished wrapping 95% of gifts including grab bag.
I still have the European cards to send - they will be late so I will email them on Christmas their time.
I still have to have dd younger scan a recipe for french cousin

1:00 (leave at 12:30 ish) for hair dye appointment
3:45 (leave at 2:15 or earlier) DD youngers recheck for wisdom teeth removal - we did tell neurologist about the pain after surgery to the rest of dd's body for a couple weeks. dd's ortho surgeon had hoped it wouldn't inflame her but at least the wisdom teeth are gone!

Christmas prep left:
-dd younger is going to go to the Campus C olors far away (50 minutes) to get dd older a Wis sweatshirt. Our place by us closed and this was one of those gifts I should have ordered online and didn't.
-wrap dh's presents and d sil s
-find containers for d nieces and d nephews grab bag gifts that don't cost me much
-go to bank
-I may need a grab bag gift - little for d gr niece
-find all the things I bought for the stockings and fill the stockings to hide until Christmas morning
-wait for the mail person to give her a tip (she must have thought I forgot)
-Finish wrapping white elephant
-separate gifts to their appropriate bags and double check all gifts.

House:
clean out my car for Christmas travel and get gas
Make sure our house is clean (ish)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:54 am

I slept in this morning since we don't have normal activities.

DH cooked breakfast (omelets with multiple veggies, sausage, and waffles) while I did morning home chores (PUPA, swept, mopped the 4 company ready rooms). We all sat down at the table and ate together while discussing today's character trait (hospitality).

I have given DS9 and DGD6 their Math worksheets for today. DGD6 immediately did hers and finished within 10 minutes. DS9 hasn't finished his yet.

I cut DS9 hair and then helped him wash it. He doesn't do a good job of washing his hair without monitoring.

Texting continues with DSon/DDIL about Plan C. It is a challenge to find a matching free time block in schedules plus traveling weather.

We bought DMIL a container of coffee yesterday so DH and the kids are taking it to her. While they are gone, I'm going to get the decorations ready for the kids to finish the Ginger Bread houses.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:02 pm

good morning d lady!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:39 pm

I need to make 2 cheesecakes done. 2" of new snow here this day with more to cone all day so snow removal is on the plan. One rou d of snow remocal done counting that for my exercise.
Did some cooking ahead last night so I have meal plan 2 day.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:17 pm

I've s2s, had breakfast, and reclaimed the bedroom. The laundry is organized and I'm working my way through 3 loads. When they are all done, I'll have washed all my new clothes and have a start on getting things ready to pack/set-aside for the trip.

Need to get the dang cards finished. It feels like a real hurdle to get over but once I do there's still a ton of stuff that needs doing.

It is still snowing but I'm not sure if any volume us accumulating. It is certainly cold enough but not sure about the roads.

Dh had a meeting about a 30 minute walk away so went to that on foot. I'm jealous I can't get out for a walk until I get these cards done. We've received back only about 15% of the cards I've sent out. That seems like an extremely poor return on investment of time and money ($$$ of money in postage and printing.)

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:08 pm

Made the cranberry sauce and it is cooling. It is so satisfying to actually make it instead of opening a can. Plus I made it a bit on the sour side. Dd's favourite treat is sour keys from Costco, so she likes sour, so do I and dh shouldn't have too much sugar, so it's a win/win as far as I am concerned.

Most of the dishes are washed. Just the 3 big pots to finish up.

I have had a shower and washed my hair.

The snow has stopped for now but dh said the roads weren't that great and he got stuck behind a plow on the way home for lunch.

Dh wants me to wrap his mom's gift, which is seat covers for her Kia Rondo. Because dh gets such a good deal on stuff, that was our gift to her. Still almost $100, as compared to someone walking into a Kia dealership and paying well over $300. :shock:

I have been sweeping and vacuuming and washing floors. I also swept the bricks in front of the fireplace and vacuumed some of that area. Dh said he would move the wood box tonight or tomorrow so we could see why the cat seems so interested in that area. He wants to look for mouse droppings. I haven't seen any on the entire rest of the house. I did vacuum up a tiny feather this morning. We do get a lot of birds in and around the wood pile, and the cat loves to sniff around the wood when we bring it in.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:10 pm

Yay I finally finished French cousins Christmas cards (even if they will be late ;) ) I did it!
Dh has so sweetly offered to take the cards to the post office to see how much postage will be and then mail them out. :D

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:16 pm

well done d nancy (and delicious)

You too d Cathy! Well done on your dh getting such a good price.. what a lovely gift

hi d Kathryn wishing all the "dang" :D cards get done easily!

d lady your sweet son reminds me of my d brother at that age.. He would put the shower on - wet his neck and hair pretending he took a shower and my dear mom always caught him literally with a dry and dirty neck lol. have fun with the gingerbread houses.

feeling panicky about Christmas even though I know I am almost done. The house still needs card duty (dailies and weeklies as well as laundry) as yesterday I spent well into the evening wrapping presents). When dh leaves for errands I will wrap his presents - mostly history books

time to s2s and go to get hair coloured 8-)

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:52 pm

I'm back from my shopping trip. Forgot to stop for gas and forgot to pick up the bag of ice on the way back.

All that stuff put away and I've had lunch. Wash is ready to hang up and another load ready to put in.

There is so much to do I don't know where to start.

Return to “Post When You Can”