FRIDAY FINISH LINE

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: FRIDAY FINISH LINE

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:59 pm

And hello to blessed. Can't believe you found a certain shirt out in the shopping world.

The dcousin who has previously made life so ... ... interesting... .. and was the subject of posts in J and C came by today and we had a very good visit. This is literally the first guest who has arrived when I was prepared :roll: , with a gift to share ready under the tree, etc. Lots of fun sitting around talking with dd and HRH. Tobias was angelic, for some reason. (dcousin is very much a pet person) Dd commented later how good it is there is a better relationship there now.

Lots of gift wrapping today.

Fed Ex lady delivered a cheerful, unusual package, and said "you get this same package every year". I explained it was a drop-shipped annual gift from a cousin in a distant town, and yes, always the same. She said, "so you mean the other 3 houses on my route who got this package today are all cousins?" And I said yes, realizing she would have passed 3 on her route toward us. She said "the houses that get this package are places where people are always kind to me." :shock: Awwwww! I immediately called dcousin to report both the arrival and what a nice thing was said.

HRH went out this a.m. to try to brave traffic and stores and came back home defeated. Thankfully, he wanted to get out of the house more than he really needed anything. We all stayed in then, until evening.

dd and I went to her former work (restaurant) for take-out this evening. She got such a big welcome and they are asking her to return this summer, but I doubt it.

bubble tea - the college area bubble tea place is a great favorite of dd's, too, helia. Another place she is recognized - her only splurge off campus. She can walk there.

They made a pact many years ago to not exchange gifts at any time for any reason.

:D probably a very wise friendship pact

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: FRIDAY FINISH LINE

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:45 pm

I, too, am pleased that Blessed found the shirt!

I didn't get the cards delivered but I did get the party mix made up (nuts and bolts but without the nuts.) There is a pan of pineapple squares in the oven now as well. I'll need the juice from the tin of crushed pineapple for the Boxing Day punch. So I told dh it is hands-off and it is safely in a closed tupperware cup in the fridge now.

I have 3 eggs left in one package so I think I'll cook them up somehow tomorrow so I can get that out of the fridge. I don't think my recipes left to do have eggs in them.

All the dishes are washed up as well and the counters wiped down. The kitchen floor is a mess but it will be worse by the end of tomorrow so there's not point doing it now.

Return to “Post When You Can”