Saturday is Christmas Eve's Eve

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Saturday is Christmas Eve's Eve

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:29 am

Naturally, for me, Christmas Eve is Christmas since I know I'll be working that day.

So for me, today is the last day before a Christmas.

Who else spreads the holiday over multiple days?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Saturday is Christmas Eve's Eve

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:36 am

I have Christmas Eve, Day, and Boxing day, plus dh's birthday plus New Year's Eve with dd's godfamily. Although the latter will likely be New Year's Eve Eve.

I've just asked dd to call so we can work out New Years.

I'm up. I have a very long list for today including henna in my hair, baking, cooking, table setting (including polishing silver), cleaning and assembling the wagon. Not necessarily in that order. For instance, I can't set the table until it is cleaned off. Oh, and I don't know how many people are coming for dinner! There will be at least one trip to the store, possibly two. I need cuticle remover to start working on my feet. And we need milk but the place where we store that is full of vegetables at the moment.

Tomorrow I have to strip and remake the bed, another grocery run and church service in the afternoon. Plus a refugee errand. Then church in the evening. At our city church, Christmas Eve service is at 8:30 which is actually good for me.

I need to contact ds to see if he's still alive (although he's pointed out if he doesn't show up at work, they'll call here!) I just need to remind him of what we are doing.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:43 am

Hi!

We are doing Christmas tomorrow as well. Dh and I actually did the unwrapping of gifts last year on Christmas Eve. It started out we were only going to unwrap 1 each and it ended up that we did all of them. This year it is because dd and her male friend have another commitment on the 25th and didn't think they could do both on the same day.

Dh wanted to get whatever groceries we might have needed out of the way. The store was practically empty so I'm glad we went even though I wasn't looking forward to it. He also wanted to go to another store nearby, so we went there as well. They had an in store bakery and lots of stuff to tempt us. I ended up buying a jelly roll cake and a can of whipped chocolate icing, so I will make a yule log for tomorrow's dessert. Easy peasy! Dh really wants mincemeat tarts, so I will make those today as well. Turkey is defrosting nicely out in the spare fridge. I think I am going to make the scalloped potatoes today and just reheat them in the oven tomorrow. I can't remember if it was dh or my sister who suggested that. I think it was my sister. It's her recipe and it was always requested at family getogethers. She would call and ask if there was anything I wanted her to take to our dad's and I always asked for this dish without hesitation.

So, off to the kitchen I go.

We are having pizza for supper.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:52 am

My turkey has been defrosting 36 hours now. Not sure how it is going. The website said 3 days and then it can sit for 1 - 2 days in a fridge so we started it after we got home on Thursday night. It will go into the oven on Monday.

I just sent 7 texts to ds going over the plans. He reads texts more than email. He actually isn't working tonight, but he's up at the ski hill patrolling starting at 5. He worked overnight last night, so he's asleep now. He'll have to leave home at 4 to get to the hill in time for his shift.

He's working 12 hours starting at 7:30 tomorrow night, then a batch of 8 hour shifts. Those are easier for me since he'll wake up around 5 but has time to linger over dinner since he isn't in to work until 11. On the other hand, all the big meals will be his 'breakfasts'. I'll send him with leftovers.

I need to get my day going. I'm waiting for dd to call though. And I have to stop the diffuser candles. The scent is too much for me (I refreshed them because earlier this week they had little smell when I used them.)

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:35 am

Morning...

I’m off to get my hair done then will pick up one last gift for Sweetie. Received a gift card for pet smart so since I’ll be in the same shopping center I plan to use it. Willis wears a doggie sweater for pjs at night. He is very short haired and gets cold at night.. we call his old sweater his pjs and his are looking old.

He can’t sleep in a dog bed because the uneven surface because it causes his hip muscles to get messed up and he then develops what we call the “hoppies”. For many years Willis’ belly was hairless. The sweater allows him to curl up and stay warm.

Now that I am finished working I plan to take Willis to a trainer to be evaluated. Willis does well on a lease but he is not dog friendly. The causes a problem because so many people around here walk their dogs off leash especially when hikes

I am less than five miles from great trails and want to take Willis me, plus we want to travel and takenwillis with us like we did in the past with Sadie Urie is Ceasar Millan trained and worked with him in CA for almost a full year. Urie will evaluate Willis to see if his yelping and growling when he sees other dogs is aggressive or just excitement. Once that is determined Urie will develop a plan for Willis and will personally work with him. Know Urie will be training me as well :D

Baby it’s old outside and I’m loving it. Hope your day goes as planned...Off to start my day ...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:43 am

We woke up to ice and snow. Thankfully the ice/snow will only be here for a few more hours. It should get above freezing about noon so will start melting.

This relaxed holiday schedule feels weird. I haven't got dressed or made breakfast yet. Normally both of those things would have been done hours ago.

Next up -
** S2B including washing hair
** Cook breakfast
** PUPA, sweep, mop the 4 company-ready rooms
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:02 am

good morning
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:21 pm

S2s with my hair henna'd, bedroom is tidier (not tidy) and I've had breakfast. I put away the squares I made last night and have boiled the potatoes for the tourtiere.

New Years is planned. We'll invite the god family for Dec. 30, and they will stay at dd's. We'll have a big dinner there on the 30th (birthday/holiday) and enjoy the evening together. I'm bringing most of the food for the dinner. Dh and I will sleep at home and then go back for breakfast in the morning. Then we'll say goodbye and head back here to finish packing. That gives me Dec. 27, 28, 29 to finish up everything I need to get done before we go away.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:43 pm

Music is practiced. That song is so much fun to sing I'd practice it all day. Apparently, we've got it now but dh says we can go over it again later.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:08 pm

Now that dh and I have had brunch, I have started the mincemeat tarts. I only have 9 mini shells in the open package, so I am only making that many. He asked for 12 so he could have them over a few days. Dh doesn't know I have another package somewhere else in the same freezer. I really should inventory the freezers, so I know what is where.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”