Christmas Eve

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Christmas Eve

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:29 pm

Elizabeth is traveling for the holidays.

Kitchen floor is washed but everything else is half done. The wagon is almost assembled.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:37 pm

Happy birthday Twinsmom.

I finished baking the cookies and we containerized them in tins h put his in the freezer downstairs close to the cave I told him that was his gift and I put mine in my shelf to keep them apart. I hzve stuff for one more batch lather on if needed but I will need to do a store run before doing any more than that.

We got the card & gift ready to go to dd fam.
I have my outfit figured out for today.

The hens were fine this morning it was 9* here has warmed up to 18*.
I am ready to be done with the holidays.

Wanted to be dining out h shopping today and getting ready for festivaties tomorrow... but the cold & dd changed our plans sigh.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:19 pm

That's too bad your plans changed, Nancy.

Wagon is done. It needed drilling and filing and still it isn't fitting together properly. For $200 I'd expect much better fit and finish. Sigh. The handle grip was literally on upside down.

We are now driving to my service. Late. We have a check engine light on. Sigh. Probably a loose gas cap but fixing the problem doesn't clear the warning light. I've asked ds to bring his car computer to do so tomorrow.

Still have wrapping, vacuuming and other items to do but first church.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:35 pm

Twins', I hope you have a terrific birthday.

Had a meaningful moment today as my oldest dboycousin carried his grandson to the front to help him in his first participation in the childrens' candle lighting, etc. Because dd19 led singing with our tenor and bass both there with her, I had excused myself from it and was in the congregation. So I had the rare treat of watching quietly as one each of 3 generations were together at the front of our church for a carol together, and thought of my/our dgrandmother, who would have been so happy.

Music was wonderful today - possibly I think this way because I could relax. Dd managed some harmonies. I can never do that.
Fruit bags were there for every person, and each family got an ornament. The study group had a present for me, and I'm torn about when to open. I'll see a lot of them this evening, but I'd love to open at our family time later - both dds would like that.

Back home, the fruit bags didn't last long, lol, and HRH's gift of homemade candies from a church friend didn't either. We had blood oranges this time - have heard of them so often but never actually ate one, so today gets to be a special "I ate a new food day" for me. :idea: Love those.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:03 pm

Happy Birthday Twins Mom! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Getting nervous here. Had told dbil/dsisil 1:30 for dinner today so expected they'd be here little after noon. It's 2pm and they're still not here. Dinner's ready and waiting unfortunately. Dsonil's Mom and his dniece are both here. So hoping dsisil didn't tell dbil something different. We always used to do Christmas Eve at their house after church on Christmas Eve -so it was 10 o'clock before we'd get home. We'll probably wait another 10 minutes and then go ahead and eat I guess. Dh has tried calling his db but no answer.

Editing: :roll: I should have known better so feel this is all my fault. Dh did get hold of his db. Dsisil thought they were just coming tomorrow. She did ask me which day we're exchanging Christmas gifts and we decided on tomorrow. That could be where she got confused. I'm sure I'm going to 'catch it' when they get here. They're coming.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:36 pm

Happy Birthday Twins!!

Church went well today. The kids' program was meaningful as well as fun.

We had lunch at a favorite local restaurant with DFriends.

I'm ready to relax for a bit.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:52 pm

HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS SWEET TWINS.

Merry Christmas Eve to all and to Lynn Happy Christmas day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:01 pm

Happy birthday Twins. Best wishes.

I need to see if I can track down a church service nearby today. There are reduced trains today.

Merry Christmas to those celebrating today.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:51 pm

Waving hi to everyone...

Sweetie and I are having a slow and easy day today. Delish hamburgers, Tatar tots and salad for our Cmas
Eve dinner tonight. Made several Cmas calls today as I know many will be busy tomorrow.

Willis and I are watching football in the master bedroom while Sweetie installs a new tv system Roku for the rest of the house. That should keep him busy for a while. The weather is grand and we plan to walk around the community to look at lights later this evening. We’lol open our presents in the morning... looks like Santa has been kind this year...and have a “FaceTime” Christmas with my son and new to me daughter.

Then Sweetie and I will be off for a romantic Cmas dinner together... I see medium rare prime rib and a great glass of wine in my future. I love spending time like this with Sweetie. Hope to have more now that I am permanetely retired.

Happy birthday Twins... may all your wishes come true :D

Merry Christmas to y’all ... enjoy your time making lasting memories with family and friends.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:01 pm

all the gifts and food are at the front door to go to d sis in laws - dogs are anxious bc they know we are leaving.

wishing each and everyone of you a special day

dh was a bit fast cranky which thank goodness doesn't last more than that moment. (he get this way when I ask for help) but he ended up straightening the family room and doing garbage duty. He, also, has been doing the dishes the last week which has been lovely - He packed the car too

best wishes!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”