Tuesday in Technicolour

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Tuesday in Technicolour

Postby CathyS » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:53 pm

Hi!

LadyM who is the author that your dh likes so much? Dh found a Stephen King book at Chapters today that he hasn't read. We have more than 50 SK books.

My dd brought me more Nancy Drew books with the yellow cover. The same ones that I collected in the 70's.

Dh said he needed to get out of the house today so we went to huge Indigo store in Hamilton. We took some back roads to get there and dh opted to take the highway to get home. The Niagara bound QEW was stop and go, bumper to bumper.

Tonight we had a deep fried duck. It was good. Not a wild duck, which I was raised on because my dad loved to get as many ducks as possible every fall, so a slightly different flavour.

My Very Organized friend dropped off her dark meat from her turkey, as nobody in her house likes dark meat. We will most likely have that on Thursday as we are going to MIL's tomorrow and we will be having fried chicken. We are taking 2 chickens because dh wants his mom to show us how she does her chicken which dh says he can never replicate.

Thank goodness we had spaghetti and meat sauce this week to break up all the fowl. (Turkey, duck and chicken and then more turkey.)
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:09 pm

who is the author that your dh likes so much?

Louis L'amour (westerns)

DH also has a lot of books by Tom Clancy, Clive Cluster, Ted Bell and other adventure books. He reads books that go in depth about the Bible. He usually reads 3-4 books a month.

I have never seen DH read any type of self-help books like I do. Give me a book on productivity, organization, etc and I'm ready to start reading.

DS9 went home with DD for the night. We stayed inside the entire day. I'm fairly sure the kids have cabin fever. I know I do!

Yesterday I discovered the TV series "Suits". I've only watched a couple episodes but if the rest of the episodes are this good then I have 7 seasons to watch. LOL
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:20 pm

Dd and I found Suits did not stand up over all the seasons. We disliked the way the female characters were written.

Party is over. I have my feet up.

Tomorrow is another busy day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:51 pm

I don't believe I forgot to come here yesterday and wish NORMA A HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you had a wonderful day, Norma. The day got away from me I'm afraid.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:29 pm

Oh, sorry Norma, we all missed your day. Hope it was Happy!

DSMil got out of the house to go home Sunday without me noticing. Everybody was leaving at once and there was a crowd out there. So she missed getting her tin of cookies. I took them down to her today, along with some rolls, turkey, gravy and green beans, oh and some pie. We had a lot of leftover food.

Took back the 2 returns and was pleased to see the line wasn't all the way across the front of the store.

I worked on our HH budget today. Thought with the new year coming it was a good time to look back at the year. Pleased to see how it came out.

Enjoying not cooking for a while.

I stopped at the library to drop off a book at the outside bin and the bin was stuffed full and I had to reach in and push the books all back in so I could close the door. There was nobody there and the library was closed. I wonder if they're closed for ??? days after the holiday? Might be why I couldn't get anybody on the phone from the county office too.

Turned out DH' sister had everybody out to her house for Christmas dinner. Everybody was asking where we were and she said she didn't invite us because "they're probably away at her daughters". So DSMiL told them they were all here the day before and we were home. Over the years we've spent many holidays away, so I get that; however, last year we spent Christmas here too, and we tried to visit them on Thanksgiving...

I'm glad my family is friendlier. DSMiL was amazed at how close we all are, the kids and all and DD and us. At one point while we were sitting at the table DGS18 came over and hugged DH and kissed him right on the cheek. DH's people are non- affectionate hold-grudge kind of people. :( Don't the holidays bring out the worst and the best in people?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:42 pm

Happy bday Norma!

I have spiffed up the main bath. Heading to do the master bathroom next.
Glad the signs are done they got another coat of sealer and are drying now.
I did a pupa rounded up some gifts to put away and decor items to put in storage cups mostly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:14 am

Norma, I hope your birthday was great. I, too, was convinced I was not going to forget! But that was 2 days ago... ... brain cells have fried since then!

I did work along with Twins' Mom, but never got back to the computer.

Harmony, that's almost funny - both our households with sisters-in-law assuming we were surely with others! Actually, it did have HRH smiling ;) , but his dsis was knocking at the door later anyway!

Everyone is here safe. I must admit, with 9 in a house there is difficulty. Dd thought she was going to arrive late and instead arrived early, so I had things to do still and ended up doing a poor job vacating my bathroom and bedroom, leaving items behind. Sigh. Already her extreme sweets contributions, brought along with them, have ruined my eating plans. I get nervous with so much going on and look around and realize I've eaten what I didn't intend. The boys are so excited, so the house just gets an excited feel. WonderBoy had an allergic reaction to something yesterday and we've been worried about that, too. Phone ringing off the hook with both family and sales calls. At one point in order to talk to dstepdil, whom I couldn't hear, I walked outside with the phone! As Kathryn's dgs would say, brrrrrr.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:16 am

* whew *
Christmas is over, I guess -- except for the put-away.

:D :D :D Happy belated birthday wishes, Norma! :oops:

We have done very little today. I tried to take dh's pants to be hemmed, but the alterations shop was closed today. Will do that tomorrow.

We had the dgrands for about 2.5 hours, and then later this evening, we went to dmom's. Dbro & his gf had helped her get supper ready, and I washed all the dishes afterwards (by hand, b/c her dishwasher is messed up) so I don't worry that we left her in a big mess. I did leave my cookie container out there -- and it probably has cookies in it! -- so I'll need to get that another day.
DH was very surprised by the larger-than-usual money gift and also very surprised that I had kept my mouth shut about it and just let him go on and on about how pitiful our finances were. She didn't give ds/ddil as much as she gave dbro & dh/me, but it was about 3 times what they usually get from her, so a very happy surprise for them, too.

I am just exhausted. And I had a 30 min nap this afternoon! (Fitbit did not give me credit for that, either. I wonder why.

Tomorrow, we'll have to get up earlier (for us.) Busy day again tomorrow... and then Thursday, I must iron clothes. Maybe FRIDAY we can catch up on rest after all the holiday rush-rush-rush. :lol:
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:31 am

Dgs other often said word today was the cacka for cracker. He loves them, them being chips, cookies or crackers. And he is not shy about asking for them when he sees them!

In bed now but I ate too much and moved too little.

Return to “Post When You Can”