Tuesday in Technicolour

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Tuesday in Technicolour

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:55 pm

I'm going to set the timer at the TOTH and work for 30 or 45, not sure how long yet.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:00 pm

Good morning. I woke early. Took TMeds. Hoping for some more sleep soon.

Boxing Day I caught a lift with DD into the city when she went to work.
Boxing day sales are part of the half financial year business needing good / better figures thing. The last couple of years the sales have started before Christmas to try it make budget in many stores. Many businesses have been rearranged by liquidators in process. Or sold .
Aim for me was also to get to 10am service at the Cathedral -feast of St Stephen - as I hadn't managed to get to church since Sunday week. I got there early for a sit. Archbishop led the service, not the norm when I've been there on the 26th.
Stayed in town longer than expected, all day in fact. Bought a blouse to go with my new skirt. All I can say is btdt, as far as the sales went.

Last night dd put on a friendlier movie on Netflix. So I didn't need to leave the room. Things left unsaid.
Other dd text back an art gallery visit with her family tomorrow.
My feet need the recovery day.

I'll try for some more sleep now.

Ps. Harriet I'll check out the planner thread.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:03 pm

I have laundry & dishes current, I baked up some oatmeal cookies, and boiled eggs to devil that are cooling to peel now. Soup is cooking on the stove. I painted a sign and prepped the stick it goes on. I am feeling better now. Hens can get out into the run in a bit. We got trash to the curb on time yea.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:41 pm

My day has progressed smoothly although we are without a schedule. I just move from one thing to another without a plan.

DGD6 arrived this morning at 6:15 and immediately started opening her gifts from us. She is the easiest child I've ever known to give gifts to. She is happy with anything. She is a glass is half full kinda gal and even when disappointed will opt to say nice things. I made the mistake of giving her a doll that she already had. DGD6 immediately assured me how much fun it will be to have 2 dolls that are alike. I didn't remember the name of the doll that DGD6 has been wanting for over 6 months until she opened the "wrong" doll. So we sat down together and found the right baby doll (Baby Alive) and got it ordered. DGD6 plays daily with her dolls and I want to encourage her to continue.

Some crazy person (me) gave the kids musical instruments for Christmas. And I also gave DGD6 a karaoke machine which means music playing with microphone singing. The noise level is anything but quiet in our home.

I thought of CathyS this morning as I was deep cleaning library shelves. I wonder how she maintains her books and shelves. My shelves had dust IN BETWEEN books that are wedged together. I found myself wondering....HOW does that happen? ANYway, I went a bit overboard on deep cleaning and ended up doing an inventory of the books we have by one of DH favorite authors. I discovered we have 110 of his books. He has written 124 books. Part of this process included putting the book titles in alphabetic order and creating a spreadsheet with book names.

I paused this library deep cleaning/inventory process about 10 times to take care of DS9 and DGD6. They have been playing well together but they do have their "moments" which requires intervention & guidance from me.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:55 pm

LadyM and Cathy - thought of this site when Lady M mentioned inventorying her books. https://www.librarything.com/ Site is free and it's a fun way to keep track of books. I used the site for a Pro Gen assignment that involved inventorying genealogy books and filling in gaps in our knowledge base.

I almost have the kitchen cleaned up, have done several other things along the way. I'll work another 45 min shift once I take a peek at Facebook. :lol:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:59 pm

Going to go again, still need to get things done!

Back at :15 before the TOTH.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:02 pm

I'm with you. Master bath.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:35 pm

Twins - Thanks for the link

It took 27 minutes being on the phone but I traced down the problem with the 1.5-year-old medical bill that just showed up. The hospital submitted it with the codes that caused the insurance to not pay until they submitted medical records to match the codes. It has been sitting in limbo waiting. We had a 3-way conversation including the insurance company and the hospital records personnel and have it straightened out.....I hope. The hospital will resubmit with correct codes and the insurance will pay it. That makes the $159 bill go away.

After 9+ hours, the kids' noise level resulted in me declaring a need for a quiet break. It is below zero outside so I can't send them outside to play. I put them in their rooms with books and screens. They don't have to take a nap but they do have to rest.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:02 pm

I got the deviled eggs done. H put signs on the stake, branch and pole for me yea! Soup was great for lunch. We liked the oatmeal cookies. Hens are out in the chicken run. The snow plow bladed out street and the sanding gravel truck put some down too.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:40 pm

Yikes. I think I'm in trouble with the HOA again! I've been walking dMuffin off leash because she's so easy. But they just sent an email notice to everyone. I only know of one other dog owner who is allowing her dog off leash.

I've ordered a bunch of paper supplies for dh's party. Trying to get a little ahead.

Return to “Post When You Can”