Final Wednesday of the year

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Final Wednesday of the year

Postby Lilac » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:00 am

Well I am up this late due to stupidity. I had started to watch a H allmark Christmas movie that I had recorded and fell asleep. I woke up as it was over.
Well low and behold it was just starting to play on the H allmark Channel, so I watched it. Then I came downstairs and got lost on the computer. Dh was playing a game, so when he decided to head to bed, I went upstairs, too intending to go to bed. When I took my bs it was highhh, so I took a little insulin and washed dishes that I hadn't taken the time to wash. So decided to get on here while I am waiting for it to go down and then I can take my long acting insulin and go to bed. As I said it was stupidity on my part.

Happy belated birthday Norma.

Dd1 called yesterday and wanted to know if I wanted to go shopping with her for bargains. Um, no. If I don't already have it, I don't need it and I sure didn't want to be part of the grab a bargain and fill my cart.

Dgd21 took her fiance to the Walk-in clinic. They thought he was a little dehydrated so told him to sip something often, rest and let this run it's course. She wasn't feeling too great, so they decided she should go to her dm's tonight so that she could help with babyK, if dgd21 started feeling bad.

Dd2 had to pick the boys up at 3:45 and had asked me to go to the movie with them. She picked me up, with the intention of buying our tickets when they opened at 4 and then deciding if we would go in or ride around for a bit. When we got there, there was already a long line. So she had us stay in the car with it running while she got the tickets. It was single digits and breezy. Once she had our tickets, she called and we decided that we better just go in and find seats. Her and dgs13 stood in line for almost 30 minutes waiting for snacks, while the 3 younger ones and I went and got seats. It is a good thing we did because it was pretty full by the time it started at 4:50. We seen Jumanji and it was a good movie. There are at least 3 more movies we want to see, so we have decided we better be early to them, also.

Dd2 dropped me off and then was going to dgds to help her load her stuff and the babies, so she could follow dd2 home, since it was dark. Dd2 had seen an accident on the way to town and a semi driver was directing traffic because no emergency vehicles were there yet. Once they picked up the boys, they seen the sheriff vehicles, ambulance and fire truck heading that way.

I never heard anymore from dd2. I hope dgd21 and the baby don't get the nasty stomach bug that her fiance has. Plus dgd21 is trying to drink a lot to pass the kidney stone. She called to make an appt with the urologist and he is on vacation for 2 weeks. The closest one is 2 1/2 hours away, so hopefully she can pass it.

Guess I will check my bs and hopefully I can take the long lasting insulin and get to bed at the early hour of 3 am.............

Harriet

Re: Final Wednesday of the year

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:18 am

Oh, Lilac, that does sound like a virus/bug could be starting with them, doesn't it? Hope not.

Toddler J played with my alarm clock last evening and it went off at 6:something this morning by complete surprise - thankfully close enough to me in dd19's room that I could chase the sound successfully in the dark. I don't believe it woke even HRH on the couch, and hopefully no one among our houseguests. I was actually trying to go back to sleep at that time and not comfortable anyway.

I've changed into the same clothes I wore yesterday - my only choice. It's okay - for the late lunch with everyone arriving I'll want to wear something nice and will have had opportunity to get back into my closet by then. I'll try to work around in the front part of the house without waking HRH if possible.

So this is an early start for a challenge check-in of some chores, lol.

That's okay - in 2018 I want to be more intentional about early chores, so this is a dry run for that, lol.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:32 am

Hoping the ill feel better soon Lilac, any others in need.
Daily we seem to hear of horrendous road accidents. Prayers for all families affected. Prayers for safety for all.

I had a day off. Lots of snoozing, at times with easy viewing tv. I'm not sure of my start time tomorrow. Expect a text at some stage, hopefully giving me time to get to the gallery area by train or bus to meet them.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:25 am

good morning/evening dear ones!!!

Happy belated birthday dear Norma!

d lilac i hope your dgd and baby feel well today! than you so so much for starting us!

d harriet - you do have a house full! i wish you a wonderful day - you were fast in finding the source of the alarm clock before it woke everyone!

d lynn I am glad you had some rest with your day off!

Hello to all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:35 am

I ended up sleeping most of the day yesterday - a combination of headache (which yay is no longer there today) and a wonderful busy Christmas as well as taking dd's to the airport at 4:30 am. They are now in warm florida with d mom for New Years. Lucky for them as it was -9 this morning :D

feeling great! It's amazing what a whole day and night and sleep can help ;) :D

My house is a cluttered mess - this is when people stop by! I know it! The bathrooms (gross) are going on 3 weeks without washing down :shock: ;)

Wishing each and everyone of you a lovely day!!!

I can't believe it - dh is still sleeping!

Thinking today: what good can I do to help my home and dh
dh: go walking at the gym with him
home: put away
1. front room/ living room

I can't do the worst the first as dh is sleeping (bathrooms and gym) but that will be done later. It is finally 2 degrees yay

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:32 am

ready to work:

anti-procrastination Wednesday:
put away and routines (I have been off routines for over a week and it's hard to start again)

found BBC 4 radio and am enjoying listening to it while working

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:58 am

Dkids are milling around loading stuff in my Honda Pilot to move. They don't have keys yet but have been there to ck - as soon as they fill out the "condition" sheet they will have keys. I am begging off on the heavier moving - I think they would have me moving boxes with them, but OTOH my back started hurting yesterday and is still sore this morning. :? Better their 25 year old backs than mine.

I am working on a.m. routine, need to walk the ddog soon.

I've ordered danishes and sweet breads for Sunday's brunch - apple cinnamon, orange cranberry and pumpkin choc chip - to slice for dessert plate for brunch. Emailed temple secretary about borrowing a chafing tray to use for breakfast casseroles. I have an order in the system for Einstein Bagels but haven't hit "order" yet. I have a spreadsheet to be sure I'm getting all the varieties of bagels we want. I am getting some of the coffee carafes at Einsteins so I don't have to keep brewing coffee. I decided overnight to skip the bloody marys but this morning dd talked me back into it. It's going to be super cold - high of 34 degrees so it's all inside, unfortunately. If the temp were a little more moderate I think a bonfire outside would be nice.

-walk the ddog
-s2s
-make the bed
-finish kitchen clean up
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:29 pm

I have been out sweeping the driveway, path to coop and did chicken chores. I did 30 min. On the stat bike. Brought down a couple more Christmas decor items. H is off again he is with a cold and grateful for the down time. I have had breakfast. We got a bit of snow still 4" outside. It snowed a bit this morning today some more coming this afternoon then rain Th. & Fri.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:43 pm

Twins: I'm picturing a roaring fire with a mulled cider next to it so people can go out to get some hot grog, fresh air and enjoy the fire for a moment or two before coming in....

I'm up. I've been up since around 7:20 but puttering at putting away Christmas so still not s2s. Everything may be down now except the tree. I might put on a movie for that. Something we've seen often enough that I won't be distracted too much by it. The dining table also has to be returned to winter configuration (centre piece) and the linen cloth stain treated and soaked for a while before washing. I also have a load of Christmas linens to do. Then the vacuuming and I should be done (dh will store everything for me in the locker with the box for the Christmas linens on top and I'll toss them in at a later date.)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:50 pm

still in the front room doing the put away from Christmas eve and day. Dd younger got expresso and cappuccino cups from dd older - which she is thrilled by - I put them in the china cabinet even though they don't quite match as they are modern and simple white modern and it meant the world do dd younger; however dh is not thrilled as he had his mini air plane in there (part of a chocolate gift from a french cousin) and a cars (I asked if he could put it in his office in a nice way - neither fits a dining room cabinet but dh has so much stuff in there: bills, eye meds, many flashlights etc. and you can see it all. He was a bit of a bully this morning as he was a bit miffed that I wanted a section for dd's cups. He didn't have a big tantrum - not his style - but that silent mmmmph thing. It's getting worse as he gets older and he doesn't even notice it- dd's have noticed his quiet rebellion/crabiness and self owning thing lately. ;) I need quiet patience when or if I respond and resist the urge to tell him what we all notice lol oh how I feel like doing that but won't :roll: ;) . yes I am badl just for thinking it.

I know I should leave the front room now that the timer went off but I would like to surface finish. : finished put away - left the Christmas decorations- vacuumed surface-ly, swiffer dusted and swiffer rinsed surface as well. :D

I am doing the holiday challenge of putting away gifts
living room done re gifts :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”