Final Wednesday of the year

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Final Wednesday of the year

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:53 pm

hi d kathryn good wishes as you clean up your Christmas stuff!

Hi d nancy - great job on your work!

hi d twins! totally agree that their young backs will do the job quite well! a bon fire sounds wonderful!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:55 pm

Aaaack, Kathryn, so I can I! The firepit is in the back yard, with a gorgeous view. It really wouldn't take much work, and I could serve mulled cider on the porch in the crockpot? Building a fire is simple....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:58 pm

Morning ....

In some ways I feel like I've been let out of jail. I no longer on a working school schedule, and I am truly enjoying it.

Did morning routines without feeling harried. And everything is finally back in its correct home. I need to make a wally world trip today. I took apart my guest room bed and removed the foam topper. Was gonna toss it, but then remembered my blow up bed is the same size and it would work great with it. Don't have a place to store it in the house, so will be able to store it in the garage area.

Laundry is done, house is clean, and my office is back in order as well. Put all my teaching materials back where they belong...don't think I will be needing them for a while, if ever. But the they only take up the space in a milk carton, so their footprint isn't bad.

Need to follow up some office stuff and then I'm off. Dinner is planned, so I am gonna relax and enjoy my day...hope y'all do the same.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:14 pm

I've done a.m. routine, except for taking recycling out and finishing up laundry. The recycling will be picked up tomorrow, I've already bought the garbage can back in.

I'm going to ck in with dh about dkids taking the rug in the DR. He may want it to stay in place, with the chewed corner, until after Sunday.

Whoops, I still need to dry my hair and get shoes on. I stepped in dog poop in my walking shoes, either while walking the dog or when I went out in back.

-dry & style hair, put on shoes
-call and ck in with dh
-take out kitchen trash
-purge and wipe out refrigerator
-sweep front porch
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:23 pm

so happy you are enjoying the lack of school schedule d rose! yay on having things back in their correct places! (can you talk to my house so it behaves like yours)

d twins... Yuck on dog stuff! great job though on the routine being done this morning.

dh and I went out for lunch which was nice.

front hall put away dance and vacuum and swiffer dusted to be done :D done

we have finally hit 13 deg in the sun(our outside thermometer) even though the radio says 9 deg. :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:01 pm

Quick post while I have a free minute. DH ran a paper over next door.

We are working on proposals. I am learning the "compatibility mode" template proposals I now have to work with. Very complicated compared to the old one in xp. Also learning the new word program. Have to learn how to shut off the automatic numbering / bulleting because it isn't helpful. Slow going. Very slow. My head hurts from all the thinking.

At least I found way at the very top the little back circle arrow which lets me backtrack when I try something and it doesn't work! That's my savior. I can try things and if they aren't right, I can try something else again. Yeehaw! I can do this. Eventually!

Got W2 and W3 done for the year. Good progress.

BBL

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:30 pm

hi d harmony!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:31 pm

Back from errands, most of the food is put away. Delivered one of the signs did a rock drop. Banking done. Take out for lunch of subway wraps, snow was off the road mostly. I let hens out to the chicken run got w eggs. Got a box of Cmas cards half off for next year.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:49 pm

Happy belated Birthday DNorma!!

The first 9 hours of my day has progressed smoothly. This is the first break I've taken since waking up.

DS9 and DGD6 are being good considering their activity level is greatly reduced. It is supposed to get above freezing tomorrow so hopefully, they will get some time outside then.

We did a Sam/WM shopping trip with a long list of items to buy for us and for the church. DH did the church shopping while I did ours. Two shopping buggies full. The combined total was over $700. We normally take SUV when we do shopping but today we took the pickup because we had tentatively planned on buying a recliner at Sam's. However, we misjudge the space requirement of buying a large amount of food.... plus furniture.....plus 4 people. We decided to not buy the recliner today but that still left most of the food in the pickup bed. Oh well. It worked out okay and nothing went flying out of the pickup bed as we drove home on the interstate (75mph).

This evening we are cooking 9 large lasagnas for the church family meal. Plus making loaves of garlic bread. Plus a large green salad with multiple vegetable ingredients.

DGD6 will be spending the night with us tonight. DD is going out with a girlfriend while DSIL is having friends over to their home for a poker game.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:02 pm

I became sight tracked listening to prince Harry's interview

Now for the dining room.
I first will make put away cards for the christmas decorations by room.

Return to “Post When You Can”