Hold That Thought Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Hold That Thought Thursday

Postby Harriet » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:42 am

Approaching a new year, organization starts to look pretty good, doesn't it? :lol: At least for me, the hectic, the just-in-time and the stash-and-dashed are getting kinda old. I'm longing for methods to hold on to good ideas and structure them. Now's the time to make notes to ourselves as we get ready to change years and change gears. We start to think of calendars, planning, routines, maybe some methods we set to the side before, but could consider again.

How are you going to "hold that thought" for the coming year? Are you starting to formulate a plan?

Lynlee

Re: Hold That Thought Thursday

Postby Lynlee » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:11 am

My plan for tomorrow is to go home, the day I can get a lift to the station. I could not see myself easily getting my things up a hill to the local station.
A taxi from home town station home is the plan.

Other changes and reevaluation are in 'train' to happen shortly.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:23 am

Enjoy the train ride, Lynlee!

I just spent over an hour with calendar planning and updating my bullet journal. I've drawn out the weekly spreads (2 facing pages) from now until Jan 28 as well as the monthly spread. Normally I do only one week at a time (to allow my notes to run over to the next two pages if required) but I know the journal will likely be very quiet while I'm away so I did the two weeks per 2-page spread instead of one. Marked all the days we're flying with gold stars. I'm taking a few stars (not gold) with me in case we have events/meetings to add. Or just to make the pages prettier (although I might shop for stickers while there.)

I've made up a list for today/tomorrow and cancelled the movie for today.

Banking remains an issue regarding the refugee funds. The funds still haven't been transferred from the church. This is bad because the rent and another payment are due tomorrow and I have no funds with which to pay them. I will have to pay out of my own money and then get it sorted when I get back. But it is very stressful.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:48 am

Ditto everything you said, Harriet. I'm so ready for the 'season' to be over and get into being organized again. Actually I need to start TODAY!

Dh has been sick since Christmas and I'm so hoping I don't get it. He didn't even make it to the hockey game last night. Dsonil went in his place & used his ticket. Good game for him to go to I think. They won in overtime and as we listened off and on it sounded like a good one for him to attend. He can only go as we have handicap seating so he's not in the middle of a crowd. When we went last Saturday, they let everyone before opening time of 6pm through the metal detectors. However the doors at the end of the hallway had not opened, leaving everyone crowded into this one hallway. Did not like that one bit and I'm not claustrophobic. Don't know if this is a new routine or what but all I could think was, "What a killing field". We warned dsonil not to go in until the line had cleared. He'd only have to get inside and wait for dd to bring the ticket anyway.

Dh says his cold is breaking up -I can only hope so. I kept hearing him cough all night. Going to call dsisil/dbil today to let them know we won't be over before Tuesday. Actually dsisil had asked to go to lunch one day so we said we'd pick her and her dsis up for lunch at Olive G about 11 Tuesday. DD did get a chance to talk with dbil Monday and he said he does take the keys with him when he goes anywhere. We've been very afraid she might get in the car and drive while he's out and about. It would be dangerous for her and for others out there no doubt. So sad watching this.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:29 am

I'm enjoying the holiday and slower pace. Without a schedule I just let things happen as they happen. Meals eventually happen. Personal care eventually happens. Daily chores eventually happen. I do prefer the structure of doing things in a timely manner. But a break from following a schedule is good too.

Today extra stuff that I hope to happen -
** DS9 doctor appointment
** delivering quarterly checks to vendors for the church
** buying DH a recliner
** ordering 4 items from A-river that wasn't available at sam/wm yesterday

DD & DSIL are eating dinner with us tonight. I'm making a recipe I haven't tried for chicken parmesan. I'm keeping the meal simple. Sides dishes will be roasted vegetables and a mixed green salad. Dessert is simple to = cooked apples, pineapple, blueberries, raisins, pecans, and cinnamon.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:44 am

I barely got here this morning and CUOPed from yesterday. Whew. Dkids had me over at their apartment "helping" for most of the afternoon. I did wait around there while the internet guy did his thing, and was there in case the mattress people showed up unexpectedly. I barely had enough time to change clothes and go back out last night - we were having dinner with friends at a restaurant for another birthday.

Today I've already taken dh to get a truck to help move the kids furniture today. Going to be another stressful day. Ds is pretty anxious about the whole moving business. Dd is alternately angry about something or another. :? DH is dh, enough said. :D

I'm also planning brunch for about 60 here on Sunday a.m. I have a list going....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:12 am

Hi everyone!

Went to MIL's yesterday. She showed me how she makes her fried/baked chicken. So easy.
Salt liberally, toss in flour, soak in eggs, toss in bread crumbs, deep fry for colour and then bake in a 350 oven for around an hour in a covered roasting pan. Dh likes it cold, so we had it for supper when we got home. We will have the rest for lunch today.

Supper tonight is the left over dark meat from a turkey that a friend always gives us. I am making a casserole that involves spreading stuffing over the top. It's really good. I will make mashed potatoes to go with it and I might get some cranberries and make cranberry sauce. I haven't decided on that part yet.

Dh and I need to take a drive to pick up some parts for the 4 wheeler. A cable and pads for the back brakes.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:45 am

I'm now s2s and have had breakfast. Bedroom is tidied and a load of clothes moved to the spare room for trip outfit planning. I don't think I have to dress up much while away (unlike on a cruise) and I plan to buy some new things once there so am planning for only 7 days. I spend no more than 7 days in each location so that means I'll have a different outfit every day I'm in each place.

Picked up the mail. Am having a snack now.

Feeling in a foul mood.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:10 pm

At least for me, the hectic, the just-in-time and the stash-and-dashed are getting kinda old.
Amen! d Harriet! Thank you for starting us.

hi d kathryn - hope your mood changes to stress free and light.

hi d Cathy so happy you learned from and spent time with d mil. very nice!

hi d twins! blessings to your d kids as they start out their future! Best wishes on getting things together for the brunch!!! you will do great - do you have room for one more? :D

Hi d lady enjoy that slower pace!!!

hi d dee! I am so sorry to hear that your dh has been sick since Christmas. Praying he feels better fast!

hi d lynn. have a safe trip tomorrow!

to all: a wonderful wonderful day!

going back to regular put away in kitchen and family room. Today the worst job ever: bathrooms as I didn't get to it yesterday. Not swiping at least every other day leaves it gross then not doing it for 3 times is even worse. They were straightened and not cleaned.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:12 pm

getting back to card file - one step at a time.

I will finish the family room as that was almost finished yesterday
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”