Hold That Thought Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Hold That Thought Thursday

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:43 pm

great job to your d kids and you getting the big things out of their rooms. Hope you have a nice nap - you deserve it d twins!

d lady hope you all don't get cabin fever. great on job on prep for dinner
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:45 pm

counters, table, stove top cleaned.
I am moving slow!!!

next: pull hand vacuum and hopefully hand wash floor

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:05 pm

I'm sorry so much sickness going around. News article couple nights ago on tv; they watched Australia flu because ours usually follows theirs and the vaccine was only 10% effective, they think the virus mutated. Not good news.

(Lilac)
(Dee and DH)

Dee, I got a padding for under my tablecloth too because it moved too much and looked thin. What I did is pulled it around the edge and used that blue painters tape to attach it in a few places to the underneath of the tabletop. My new tablecloth never moved once.

A couple days ago my next door neighbor called that ambulance was at the house in back of us. DH went over, they were taking him to hospital with chest pains. DH went over today to see how things were and he died with Sepsis that night at hospital. :(

Why does it seem so much happens around Christmas? House fires, illness, deaths.

On a lighter note: I got a whole lot of cleaning up done. Washed all the tea towels. Wiped counters and tables. Brought in the tall ladder and got the big bowl and platter up on the cabinet top. Boxed up the old coffeemaker and put it on top shelf in laundry room. Someday it'll go out but for now it's out of the way. Big sinkfull of dishes washed. Place looks better.

What's next?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:18 pm

In the car on the way to a store. Since I have not posted recently that means there is a post on my computer!

I'll pick up the steak to marinade then we'll rush back to the party we are supposed to be at now. Had to visit our refugees unexpectedly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:23 pm

decided to do a regular vacuuming in the kitchen and swiffer dusted and rinsed.
kitchen looks back to normal (what ever that is :D )

take d mom's car back - she needed it driven to keep the battery viable. I don't wanna as I am not dressed well. It will be what it will be. done :D

family room done :D

next
put the extra card table chairs back in the basement
and put dd youngers camera stuff upstairs

I also need to clean the powder room - I feel like I am spinning my wheels rather than making headway - the house looks better because it got bot from Christmas - so i guess it's a win but still feels slow

wishing you a nice time at the party you are going to d kathryn

d harmony (((for your neighbour and his family))) I really don't know why either - I think things happen all the time but we are more sensitive to the time of the year. so sad for family.

glad you got cleaning done!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:25 pm

I fed hens collected eggs. Laundry is started ready to be changed over and get next tub in. H will go into work tomorrow morning they have the new yrs. Gathering and Co. Meeting. I sho eled another trail in the backyard. Processed mail. It is starting to melt.
Who is going to watch D Abbey reruns on New Yrs. Day?

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:37 pm

Home from DS9 doctor appointment. After his adjustment, she talked to him about setting goals for next year. She wasn't pushy or demanding but just giving him some things to consider.

I'm going to relax for 30 minutes. DH is watching a western movie "The Rounders" and said it was funny. I'll join him for a bit.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:16 pm

enjoy your movie d lady

well done again d nancy (I haven't watched the series even though I want to - dd's bought me season one and I think I might have to join you. I was disappointed that I didn't get to the Driehaus Museum to see the clothing from that show this last summer - I had planned on it and the time got away from me. have fun watching it on New Years.

dh is at b arnes & n obles - one of his loves

okay time for work again (I think I have to use the timer as I am dragging my feet)

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:20 pm

Can't begin to tell you how well this works here, LadyM. I happened to have 2 rolls of the 2-sided tape so have plenty. We want to go see Ferdinand too. Imagine it'll have to wait until at least Saturday or maybe even New Year's Day. We won't be doing anything else that day.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Quiet afternoon here. I went upstairs and looked around. What a mess. :shock: :shock: :shock: They still have a bunch of stuff to get out plus there's still trash and donate-ables up there. Our garbage can is almost full and won't be picked up again, and we're having a party of 60 or so on Sunday. Hoping dfriend M might have extra room in her garbage can next week.

Dcleaning lady will do the upstairs bathroom tomorrow and vacuum the hall and the rest of the upstairs needs to be off limits to guests. I just can't deal with it with them still moving things.

Also told them they could have my car today to move anything else they needed, but I will need it tomorrow and Saturday.

Perhaps I'd be most productive by working on a lists for tomorrow and Saturday. We're going out to eat in about 1.25 hours.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”