Hold That Thought Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Hold That Thought Thursday

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:44 pm

Hi again! I have gone through all those emails! Gosh what a time eater. Over lunch, I got my car washed using a free coupon that expires at the end of the year. Part of the work I was going to do on the church website has been DONE already by the church secretary! Sent thank you to her and notification to the people who were complaining that I had not gotten it done. Made sure they knew where credit was due. At lunch, I realized that the two gifts I ordered and had shipped to Mobile are still there. Not only that, but they were never given! My parents are mailing them. They are two CDs that DD15 wants.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:15 pm

Waiting at the station for train. Possibly hoping for help with my things. Made my backpack lighter by moving the laptop .
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:35 pm

Ironing... hello to everyone...
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:57 pm

Found this unfinished post now that I'm finally home.

I spent time downloading things to watch and listen to on the flights. The Prince Harry interview is one of them. I'll download some Economists as well for my mp3 player. That battery on that will last about 8 hours still so I can sleep listening to things and when I wake a bit, I just go back when I hear the voices.

I'll also download hours of podcasts. Finally, I have some room on my tablet so am downloading the remainder of The Crown so I can watch that while in airports since the wifi won't be fast enough to watch a movie. We have a whole day layover in Vancouver in the lounges (we'll start in the arrivals lounge for Air Canada and then move over to Qantas when we get bored with that.)

My tablet will have enough battery for about 8 hours of podcast broadcasting and my phone is longer than that. I'll have a charger in my carry-on bag and my seats will have power points. My laptop now only gets about 3 hours of battery so I have to be more judicious using that.

Actual time in the air from Jan 1 at 7 a.m. until January 3 at 10:20 a.m. (Perth time) is 25.5 hours. Total travel time is 38 hours and 20 minutes.

This is why I'm in such a foul mood. It wouldn't be as bad if I didn't have another 12 hours in the air a week later (to another country) then the same back a week after that.

I wrote up all our flights and hotels and sent it off to the kids so they'll know where we are at any time.

The party was an intimate gathering and we enjoyed it. Everyone there was 20+ years older than us so it was sort of like being on a cruise!

Leftovers for dinner again tonight, this time tourtiere meatloaf.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:29 pm

Dinner is done. We finished watching the TV series we've been watching since it expires on Sunday night.

My dsil just wrote to confirm what I'm bringing on Saturday and to ask for a cooler and large pots. I need to add our waffle maker to that as well so it is ready at their place on Sunday morning.

I'm off to clean up the kitchen now and then head to bed.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:15 pm

I. Am. Finished.
Oh my goodness, I am exhausted.
Took a “break” for supper, but did not s/s kitchen.
We’re going to see the J Paul Getty movie.
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:51 pm

home. mostly unpacked.
lunch eaten pear I/L of banana in my smoothy as that's what was here.

A neighbour left a small food hamper/gift by my door, signed also from his dog. I'm guessing they worked out where the chew toy I gave the dog came from - one day the dog was being a sook wanting his parents home. (It was unwanted and never used by my dog who died 18 mths ago.) We don't do cards, far less gifts.

I have 2 baby birds of different species near my back door. One flies so flits here and there.. Not the other who is encourages its parents to bring food. bugs are nice. :mrgreen: I hope the parents can get him a bit safer before night. Is a tree safe? maybe under one will surfice. Its moved along the length of my house now.

Washing can wait as afternoon rain/storms are the norm lately. I need to PA the couple of things I didn't wear.
clear the bed - I'm owed a couple of hours rest as I short changed myself last night.
Maybe change into those shorts. 32c inside.
PS - I see on the news how cold it is there. Stay safe as you can.
PPS - loving that the telco /web connection was working when I got home.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:08 am

For dinber I made mini pizza w chese and summer sausage from gift pac yummy, had it with chicken broth great for sickies.

Post dinner clean up done.

Laundry is folded and put away.

33* outside here now.

Return to “Post When You Can”