FINAL FRIDAY 2017

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

FINAL FRIDAY 2017

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:02 am

Today is the last Friday of 2017. What do you need to do to wrap up the week and year successfully? We still have a Saturday and Sunday left, but today, one had better be moving quickly.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: FINAL FRIDAY 2017

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:11 am

I'm trying to get a handle on all those things I need to do before 2017 is no more. Did go into our banking account and managed to change our health insurance payment. Painful, though that was. It went up $150 a month for 2018. Hoping to get an insurance broker sometime this year to look at our options for '19. :roll:

Yesterday was Norma and her dh's anniversary. Missed again. :roll: Happy (belated) Anniversary to you two.

Today is Mr. and Mrs. Emptynester's anniversary. Perhaps now I can stay on track? Happy Anniversary to you two as well!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:15 am

Successfully got myself home today.
PU scrap rct.
PA shoes
Dust top of shoe boxes.
walk 3k - beyond walking home from bus stop earlier.
opened mail pension card.
put id with keys I walk with.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:22 am

I'm up and enjoying a slow start. I'm smiling that I can sit here and do nothing.

DGD6 is more excited this morning than on Christmas day. The baby doll we ordered arrives today. DGD6 has been standing at the door waiting for the UPS/Fedex to bring it. I told her it will be AT LEAST 3 more hours before it arrives. Then she sat down in a chair and just stared at the clock. :roll: I promised her that we would tell her as soon as it arrives. She agreed to go play with no worries that she will miss the arrival of her baby doll.

Today I'm meeting DGS21 for lunch. Just the two of us eye-2-eye.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:27 am

First order of the day is straightening up house for dcleaning lady!

I have a list going; this will be a busy day.

I'm enjoying my quiet home this a.m. :D
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:42 am

LadyM: I do hope that baby doll arrives as promised by the delivery company!

I'm up. Overwhelmed. Can't focus.

Dd wrote asking that I bring over linens. I'll do that late this afternoon.

Dinner tonight is fancy grilled cheese sandwiches. Slowly we are eating through the leftovers. I need to make the marinade today for the meet. But first I have to get through the last of the turkey, even if that means tossing it out. I will make some soup today using the frozen stock from Thanksgiving.

Lynlee: I'm glad your internet was working when you got home. It doesn't sound like much to ask but we have the same issue here - no internet, therefore no phones either, if we've been away for a while.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:31 am

I'm making my l&&t and checking it twice for things that need to be finished up before the end of the year. Starting to work on my annual reports for church up home. That's always a huge task. And every year I ask myself, "Now just why is it that I'm still doing this?" We are getting new members from another American Baptist Church that has closed -on the other side of town. However most of these people are in our age bracket. Sure there are no 'young' ones moving their membership.

Trying to install a new backup. I've had my other one for several years and am not all that sure it's backing up everything. I will keep that in case I need to access files from further back than this PC.

DD and dsonil have gone to town to meet with their financial advisor. They're planning to cash in some of his retirement funds to pay off their bills (other than their mortgage). In fact dd is still paying off her student loans from how many years ago? She never qualified for any of the cuts in that field. Hoping dsonil finds work soon. He's getting cabin fever and is beginning to be a little crabby (with dd). They just finally got his unemployment straightened out yesterday. Now to see if he can collect. The new form she was able to access allowed them to state why he was 'fired'. That should enable him to collect unemployment. They can always check with his immediate supervisor (who was very upset that corporate had cut him -said, "We finally get someone qualified and able and who DOES the job!")

DDIL-R texted us while we were on the way to Trivia last night. (DD/Dsonil are back) She wanted to know if they (the 2 of them) could come for the weekend of February 10th. Not sure what the occasion is. 10-12. Haven't told dh yet as she didn't really finalize it. We'll wait a little bit.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:32 am

She agreed to go play with no worries that she will miss the arrival of her baby doll.
How sweet. Can almost feel her anxiousness. :D Me? I'm waiting for the delivery of a new pair of sneakers. They should be here today. My old ones I think are bothering my feet, knee, hip -so it must be time for new ones! So I'm anxiously awaiting too. I ordered a 1/2 size larger to see if they'll work. Always buy 'good' ones so they'll last but in reality they probably last no longer than a cheaper pair (that are comfortable).

DD, dsonil and dh have gone to L owe's to exchange the porch fans we bought them for Christmas. They're putting more money with them and buying a nicer pair that we looked at. She still has some Christmas money left and they'll spend it on themselves. We also bought them a motion detector light to go in their front porch light. It should be nice to come home to and perhaps also a deterrent to a bad element trying to come up on the porch. At least they'll be alerted if someone comes up on the porch.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:48 am

Hi!

My kitchen is an absolute mess. I think it's because dh has been home on holidays all week and doesn't leave the house to go back to work until Tuesday morning.

Woke up with fresh snow on the car and the truck this morning. When we went to bed last night, the temperature in the living room from having the fireplace on was 25 Celcius. Very warm. Almost 80 F, This morning I heard the furnace going. I came out and the living room was 16 C which is less than 60 F. Brrr...

I am now drinking a hot chocolate with my warm fuzzy robe and warm fuzzy socks. I was given a GC for Chapters and I really don't have any more room for books, so I got myself a pair of reading socks. Dh was astounded that a pair of socks cost $35, so I told him that the idea behind a GC is that the recipient can buy whatever they like and they can be frivolous if they wish, so I decided to be frivolous. Then my SIL gave me another GC for Chapters. I don't think I should get another pair of reading socks.

No idea what we are having for supper tonight. Dh has an appointment for a shave and a haircut tonight.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:17 am

d Llynn Welcome home!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”