FINAL FRIDAY 2017

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: FINAL FRIDAY 2017

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:58 pm

More distractions but I've picked up the small items from the apartment making the donations and the furniture is marked for me. They will hold it until the end of next month. They had the whole family in cleaning out the rest of the apartment so the timing was great.

I've done a photo inventory and piled it in the corner of my dining room, then put a bookcase in front of it so it doesn't look too bad.

I still have to s2s so will do that now.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:38 pm

I got distracted first talking to dh and then Pinterest :shock:
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:55 pm

Dh and I took the old sectional to the dump. It started snowing on our way there and we drove home in nearly zero visibility. When we got home, we filled the burn barrel with all the stuff that has been piling up since before Christmas and now that huge pile is gone. It had been too windy to do it before today.

We will be having red meat tonight after numerous nights of turkey, duck and chicken. All of the chicken and duck is gone. Almost finished the turkey. Hmmm... maybe I should make a soup. I'll ask dh if he's up to any more turkey. I will be more than happy to eat it in sandwiches.

We stopped at the pet store closest to our house and now I have enough cat food until next year! Their stuff is a bit more expensive, so I only got 4 cans to go with the 2 I still had.

I have been working away at the dishes this morning as well.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:08 pm

I'm now clean. First load of laundry is in the dryer, second in the washer. The second load is the fine washables which will be hung up. I bought a package of 6 pairs of underwear in order to solve my underwear problem for the trip (I need 8 pairs but I only own 8 pairs so didn't have 8 clean to pack, plus I noted 2 pairs have fraying seams which won't do if I'm in a plane crash.)

I've pulled some more clothes out to add to the packing pile. I have a pile of linens out to take to dd so my spare bedroom is getting 'interesting.'

I've finished off another container of leftovers from the party for my lunch.

Back to focusing on paperwork - I need to do payroll for the end of the year. That will mean there will be some withholding tax paid.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:23 pm

oh my - my dh can not see or smell - I haven't done his bathroom in 3 weeks even though he told me he had cleaned the toilet - oh my goodness - so bad - he is so unaware (I know he doesn't do it on purpose). I don't think it will take that long but still gross. I just have to focus on swiping this room daily.
His sink... oh gosh - he can't see. I have tried to have him swipe it daily but he says he will but forgets (sometimes on purpose) It's not worth the fight especially that he is so unaware. I asked him if he can smell it and he doesn't. He's a good man so it's not worth making him feel bad just to make a point. If I want it clean that much I will just do it. He does so much in other areas of our home.

Now for his sink - :shock:

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:24 pm

* Whew *
After all that ironing yesterday, I am TAKING IT EASY for the Final Friday of the year.
I've got my clothes ready for dh to pack, and that's about it for today.
I called the bank auto-teller to make sure checks were deposited.
Sent daunt an email.

Later, I need to call the cleaners and see if dh's pants are ready. If so, we'll pick them up.
Also need to go back to the drug store -- forgot one rx yesterday.
DH needs to fill up the car. He's already been to the post office. He also cooked his own breakfast and let me sleep (scrambled eggs.)

Re: the ironing -- I do my clothes just like Harmony said -- tumble briefly, then hang to dry. Works perfectly well for me.
Dmom says I spoiled dh back in the early days of our marriage. Now he wants everything ironed and is completely inept at doing it himself. :roll:
Usually, I use that time to catch up on the DVR shows I've recorded, but yesterday, I didn't have much to catch up on. Watched a couple episodes of Little House on the Prairie.

Did I tell y'all -- dmom found the picture (16x20 of herself, age 7) she has been looking for since sometime before Christmas! :lol:
It was in the closet, lying flat, with two other prints on top of it. She said she guessed she put it there, and the others lying in the frame of it to keep them flat, with plans to take it to get a new frame, and get frames for the others. She thinks this must have been her plan, BEFORE that really scary fall that put her in the hospital with a concussion. She says, "I vaguely remember thinking I'd do that..." :lol: She is sooo relieved to have this mystery solved!

I need to do dishes, Cathy... completely ignored supper dishes last night... :oops:

Also need to follow Kathryn's example & s2s...

Blessed, can you post a link to the F lady holiday cards?
I love your idea of stocking stuffers throughout the year!
Dmom used the envelope system for purchases a few years ago. It worked very well for her, but when one does a lot of online shopping, it gets more complicated -- I would end up having to go to the bank and get all sorts of odd change for each envelope.
(((HUGS))) re: a dh who can't see or smell. I know exactly what you mean. :roll: :cry: ;)

I'm dragging around today. Did NOT get my 8 hours sleep in, and I've eaten poorly since getting out of bed. Spent a lot of time IN bed, trying to read about the Gettys. That was a good movie, IMHO (All the Money in the World.). Some of the reviews are not so great. We both liked it, and I told dh afterwards, I cannot even imagine anyone other than Christopher Plummer playing Getty. (Y'all know, this is the one where Kevin Spacey was replaced after all filming was completed, b/c of the sexual harassment complaints against him.) I'm not professional movie critic, but I could not tell that he was spliced in at all. However, if I were him, after playing J. Paul Getty and Ebeneezer Scrooge, I'd definitely be hoping my next role was a more likable fellow, LOL.
Lots of tragedy in the Getty family, a lot brought on by their own drug use... but certainly proves that money doesn't buy happiness.

Waving to ALL!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:27 pm

hi d kathryn yay on your laundry - good luck on paperwork

yay d cathy getting that piece of furniture to the dump! I do miss that about living in the city (having a place to bring things)

d lucy good afternoon to you! sorry you didn't get your 8 hours of sleep. I am so happy she found that picture! Mystery solved - well done!

hello all.

back to the job that I am dragging my feet on. Dh's bathroom

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:54 pm

No progress here, just panic. I hate traveling.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:05 pm

I have swept the hard floors, and fed hens. It has been pouring down rain all morning. Snow is melting off. H is back from town we have eaten.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:05 pm

Tried resting a little bit. In fact everyone here is doing just that. Poor dh is still hacking his way through the day. He had said he WAS going to go to the hockey game in Orlando tonight. But he's since seen the folly in that. I did a 'bad' thing and started giving him some antibiotic he had a while back. Hopefully that will start taking hold. Sure hope so. He's really been laid low with this. I'm trying so hard to avoid it. When I get anything like he has I'm "good" for a 5-week stint.

Well, LadyM, hope that little girl has her baby doll by now. My sneakers arrived and I'm about to go try them on.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”