FINAL FRIDAY 2017

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: FINAL FRIDAY 2017

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:20 pm

Oh my goodness, I am so tired. Full round of errands, including looping back to Target (forgot that the point of the Tar jay trip was to pick up some thing I had ordered online), vet for dog food, gassing up the car, grocery (then back home for grocery list that was in my purse) and W foods for a BD cake.

I need to start challah in the breadmaker next, will just barely make it to go with us this evening to dfriends. And I need to put away the rest of the perishables (house is cool so okay) and I need to s2s before we go.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:29 pm

(((your poor dh))) d dee - I don't know if it's so bad re antibiotic as long it is the full dose. He may want to get checked for pneumonia if he is exhausted etc. poor guy. Can he take mucin ex? I know they gave that to me each time I have had pneumonia. (and a humidifier)
hope you get rest tonight! yay on new sneakers/lace ups/gym shoes (my area in midwest) /trainers/joggers.

hi d nancy your floors look great and your hens look comfortable after a nice meal

d kathryn I hope your panic anxiety reduces itself. You have got this.

you had a full day of errands d twins. A busy day for you for sure! have a cup of tea and give yourself a few minutes. have a great eying with d friends.

dh's bathroom and sink area are clean except for cleaning the mirror - I did his electric razor as well.
cleaned the shower while I was taking a shower. All nice and shiny.

sigh he is beginning to bring his model cars and anything else he can into our bedroom (he is becoming more like his sweet mom with the clutter)

I know what I should do but dh gets a little cranky when it's time to get rid of things: I want to get rid of a fillet knife that d mom gave me years ago - unfortunately it is not safe when it comes to cutting other things as it is super flexible. I have never filleted a fish. but he wants me to keep it as a reminder of his working at a grocery store in his early 20's = Eeek! I could just tape it with masking tape and card board, to make it safe, and toss it away or have him keep it with the other things he won't get rid of in the garage
I also have a long bread knife (not serrated) that was my d mom's but it is useless as well. how will he deal with getting rid of both :D ;)

Next: middle upstairs bathroom
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:34 pm

He is taking the m ucinex as well, Blessed. He's had pneumonia in the past and has had all the pneumonia shots. Just sounds more bronchial (he does have COPD). Up home I know he'd have gone to the Dr. by now.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:41 pm

Oh Dee, I hope he gets better! This is a long weekend coming up too.

Forgot to mention that I skipped one grocery stop - I needed the kind of flour that I use for challah and my P ublix has stopped carrying it. I ran into a dfriend at the grocery - she's always super chatty too - but she suggested I try a different brand of bread flour - we had some "fails" with kinds that weren't bread flour. So I bought flour, then just started challah and realized I had just enough. :roll:

I'm going to try for 45 min down time.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:17 pm

I agree with the idea of downtime.

Laundry is done.

Was thinking about the computer on the tour and emailed the company to see if they will be secure on the bus. Looking for the email, I ended up reading the tour description in great detail and realize I won't be doing the three hour hike on the second day. It is too much for me. It starts with 1000 steps up (trouble for me but maybe my asthma meds will help) and then a rim walk of a canyon. That's where my fear of heights will likely kick in. Then I have to get down, also difficult with my knees. They suggest it not being done in summer since temps are 38 - 42 at that time of year. Even with the 4 a.m. start (5 on the hike) it will be risky. There is a super simple walk that I'll do instead, then maybe try and get a lift 22 km to the other trail (I'm hoping for a shuttle of some sort) so I can do that shady hike.

I've laid out the day packs and hope that will remind me to bring dh's camel-back water carrier. I've pulled out my 2 1 litre flat water packs to pack as well.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:18 pm

I agree with d twins - I really hope he feels better fast! (((your dh d dee - so hard))

what kind of flour do you need for challah? I love that you make bread! We get the best challah at a deli far away from here. Hope you are able to have a bit of down time d twins!

wonderful that you got your laundry done d kathryn. Hope they have a shuttle for you. The area sounds beautiful

finished middle upstairs bathroom for today - there are repairs that are needed and deep down clean of grout. ;) maybe I can win the lottery :D if I played
I tossed the laundry down the stairs (including what dd younger left) I have to figure the dirty laundry from upstairs - it's not working.

powder room and take laundry from the bottom of the stairs and put in laundry area to wash I don't wanna do this one but I did do the others even though I didn't want to - I am making it mentally harder than it should be. feel like :? but I did finish the bathrooms and putting away laundry so i guess I should be feeling like :D but still feeling like :? :roll: ;)

ordered special cream for dd younger - done
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:28 pm

We all must have the same husbands...or they were cut from the same mold or something. Mine has a solution to the mess; he pours a bit of chlorine in the bowl. :shock: Like that's all it needs...

This afternoon was a huge learning curve for me. I clicked on my spreadsheets in this newfangled computer and since they came up exactly like I left them except with a very different bunch of formatting junk at the top, and since I hadn't done November's I thought I'd try that. Yeah, it wasn't too hard. A scavenger hunt finding just the right formatting tool to use. Couldn't find the page break. And couldn't set the print area. Nov. sheet refused to print bigger and take up the whole 8 1/2 x 14 page. It's readable.

So I went on and did December's since I don't intend to write any more checks this month... and did something just a little different and got it to enlarge to fill the whole sheet this time. Must remember how I did that. They're in "compatibility mode" so I imagine when I do next year's from scratch it will be a bit different, and I'm hoping a little easier. Again, lots more clicking around to do stuff. So complicated!

Anyway, I'm glad I'm this far into the learning curve. It's a relief to know at least I can do it.

I think we all need naps!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:31 pm

And the 2018 letterhead struggles begin. Why should this year be any different. So much time seems to have to be spent on this by someone every year on behalf of our church. It's just silly.

I arrived at the printer's at 2:30, having spoken with the woman on the phone just 2 hours before, when she herself suggested I come in to show them the project. Business hours posted on the door matched the ones I'd just seen when I first looked them up online to call. 8:30 to 4:30 Monday through Friday. But the door was locked and a joke "clock" sign was hung beside the door that said, "will be back at" with a clockface that's hands made a circle without points. :| This is the only printer in our area who said they could print envelopes. She had been extremely disparaging of places like Office D and Office M. Well.. um... they keep Office HOURS, now don't they.

Oh, I would order from Vista Print, but THAT woman tells me that if I want 8 1/2 x 11 letterhead, I need to know the envelopes are 9 inches wide, so they won't fit. Yes. That was what she said. My confidence level was not high. Then the prices she quoted me were nothing like the ones I was looking at online, so it may be a seriously bad idea not to have a face-to-face visit to a business.

Last year the lady who purchased the letterhead just went with a return address label and gave up on envelope printing. I begin to see why.

Sigh. Big City next week, I guess. I'll be looking at my watch. And asking for prices on larger quantities, I think. This is silly.

I think we all need naps!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:03 pm

glad to hear someone else's dh is the same when it comes to the bathroom - dh doesn't do the bleach - he thinks if he swishes it with a toilet brush it is clean. lol far from it! He said it smelled different - he liked it - he really liked it lol 8-) !

Wishing you the best as you work with the computer. well done on learning d harmony!

Sorry the letterhead and printing is causing problems again d harriet! Not funny of them d harriet re not being there - so frustrating! How far is the city? I know when we lived in the country that the bigger city was an hour away and a little more. Being from a suburb I found that really difficult at first.

Next: have camomile tea and a small break then make dinner

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:21 pm

I see fog out side decided to wait to go to town. I would like some polished metal discs for a disc bound planner. H said the rain is puddling and causing some issues on roads in lower areas down town. Roads are clear for the most part. I dusted the living room. I saw a red glittery sweater I think I want so hope they bave one in my size next time I am down town at that store. I cleaned the main bathroom yea! (I use orange all.)

Return to “Post When You Can”