Suddenly, It's Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Suddenly, It's Saturday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:28 pm

Harriet, why does stationary have to be redone every year? Our temple stationary had the officers and board listed down the left side - we finally figured out that the printer should just print the top letterhead with our name and address and all, and then we added the officers as a printing mask somehow. If you use the same printer all the time they can reprint the order without changes too.

My Dining room is going to be very crowded tomorrow. I am leaving the leaf out in favor of more floor space but I added narrow tables down the length on the side of the short serving furniture (can't remember what to call it.)

I'm a little put out with dh because he had indicated he would be here to help me - he apparently came by for a minute while I was picking up sweets, and left again to go to Costco with ds. So it's 3:30 here and I haven't seen him all day. (Oh, I hear the garage door now, he's home.)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:34 pm

Wow, I am having tummy issues. Keep waiting for it to cease, so I can shower and get busy. I have loaded the dishwasher and have it running, plus I washed a bunch of hand washable bowls, etc.

Dm had mentioned to me yesterday that she would come spring break. This morning dd2 asked me to explain to her that she only gets the boys half of the week of spring break and she wants to take them on a trip, since they haven't been out of town on a trip, since August. So I told dm that and she was fine with it.

I am going to mix up an I mpossible Pumpkin Pie using B isquick after while. Calorie wise and carb wise it is a lot healthier than a crusted Pumpkin Pie.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWIN'S DAD and KEN-IN-CANADA!

The graphics on dhs P laystation 4 games are almost like a TV show or movie. The other day I sat down to rest and was watching him bear hunt. A bear came at him and I screamed and he jumped. It was so funny, because it was so real. The gaming systems have come so far since A tari and the original N intendo.

I browned 5 lbs. of ground sirloin last night for our tacos and tostadas. We have at least half or more left. Dd2 commented that it was a lot but I didn't want anyone feeling like they had to be stingy with the meat. So we will have tacos and tostadas again tonight. Whatever is left I will freeze in 1 lb. portions for chili or goulash.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:33 pm

finished finally the list of money spent on christmas :shock: sat on my franny all day doing this but it is now behind me except lol paying it.
I put aside checking account stuff for another day - probably tomorrow - as well as other things I must read, pay and go through
paid some bills

not one routine done - so that will be the next project after making dinner

I have been listening to the Crown while working

Made the spaghetti squash

hi d lilac - so sorry you are having tummy issues
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:38 pm

d twins hope you dh will help them soon!

hi d harriet :D
well done on figuring what you need to work on with monthly planning and all for your routines

time to put away what i was working on - envelopes etc. for another day. I need a place for the papers I have to work on ;)

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:53 pm

Harriet, you are right, my stamps do not deceive anyone that they aren't stamps. Yes, they are. What I did one time for a couple years for our Christmas cards is I used a really pretty label which was blue with a tiny picture of something Christmasy with room for the stamp. However, after using those for a couple years they are not as sticky these days so I'll just keep them for packages where I put clear packing tape over anyway. The trick with stamps is to get a nice font and make sure always to stamp the envelope squarely. The self-inking ones stamp out nice and crisp. I do like mine, but then I'm not a fancy church...

Happy birthday to Twins DH and Ken in Canada!

Thank you for the tip, booksaver. I did try that, along with every other tip I read all over the internet. Everything I look at looks just the way they say it should. Well, I did figure it out today, though I have no idea why this works.

In Advanced print properties on my printer screen, I change the (now I can't remember) but I think it's dpi from 1200 to 600. That should be less quality printing but I can't tell the difference. AND MY GRIDLINES PRINT OUT NOW! One person suggested this, amongst the hundreds of other tips others gave. Nobody said they tried this and it worked. But it worked for me. Yahoo!

I have no life. I sat all day and worked on these spreadsheets and they are all ready for the CPA except for unfinished projects which I have to type up. All twelve months with a totals/explanation page and my miscellaneous sheet with explanation all done and printed with extra copy to keep in the office for while the cpa has mine. Good progress.

Dee, I do hope DH feels better. Should't he go see a dr.?

Wishing Lucylee and fun trip; Kathryn also.

Going to have a cold week ahead. I'm not complaining, 50° is not so bad afterall. Hot soup sounds good for dinner tonight. I wonder if I have any?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:35 pm

Harriet I have seen some classy looking return dress stickers with clear background.

I had fun shopping this morning it was good to get out of the house. 53* outside now I must clean the coop did that. Then I will be watching & listening to more D Abbey it is on!

Chili was great for dinner!
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:17 pm

Well, Harmony, dsonil did end up taking dh to the Dr. in my office this afternoon. There's a walk-in clinic in that office. Put him on amoxicillin and prednisone. Gave him a breathing treatment of some kind and also gave him some kind of inhaler. So glad he went as he's coughing so bad now. Not sure where I'll sleep tonight. I did remember a very small cough capsule our cardiologists had given us for cough and gave him one a short time ago (so hoping it helps him). He also had a fever. Pharmacy told him not to start the prednisone until tomorrow morning however. He has taken his antibiotic. I planted the seed this morning and around noon he asked, "Where's there an urgent care around here?"

DD and I (mostly dd) are cleaning out the cabinets in the laundry room. Have 2 boxes of things for G oodwill so far. Also have the table covered and we're both too tired to get more done. She had the beginning of a migraine earlier and finally took her 'stronger' med which of course rendered her sleepy.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:05 pm

hello dinner made and my cooking is going to pieces - maybe because I don't have anyone to take the time for cooking - dh is not a big dinner person.
my heart rate for a bit was up mmm but back to normal now. I will keep an eye on it.

sat on my franny doing paperwork all day

praying for your dh to feel better and breath better d dee

hi d harmony
hi d nancy
and all.

I ate too much again :shock:

-3 but house feels warmer - weird - its now 67 in the house - go figure
sink is clean
dishes in the dw are washing themselves
slip shod and not well - the counters
food put away
washed what pans were left
dogs were in and out rather fast

feeling tired even if I didn't physically move today - my brain got a work out with bills.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:03 pm

Dh and I are both exhausted. I don’t really know why — for me — I slept all the way down here. Still could barely hold my eyes open during the ballgame. We won.

Ate supper at a waaay overpriced restaurant we’d been told about. It was good, but much too expensive.

I told dmom, we may order in pizza tomorrow and not stick our noses out the door till time to leave Monday.
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:24 pm

A win for your team is always a good thing, LucyLee. Makes the trip more worthwhile.

Dh is sleeping right now -I do hear him cough every little while. Hope it lessens as the night wears on. Told our best friend at church that none of us will be there tomorrow. I just keep feeling on the 'edge' and my throat and ears are scratchy/sore.

Dsonil is sleeping in the living room trying to keep his own germs away from dd. Told me to just feel free to come out and get in the recliner. Do you all understand why I feel I can't do that? I just can't.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”