Suddenly, It's Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Suddenly, It's Saturday

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:47 am

:roll: Dh says, "It's broken". Yeah, right! Think I'll give a listen to his chest. Wish I had a stethoscope. Think I do but I almost think it's up north.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:47 am

Still not dressed. I have eaten.

Charitable donations are done for the year.

Now to get dressed without getting distracted!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:14 pm

Hens have been fed.
I walked the dog.
Sun is up yea, winds are too boo.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:33 pm

Good morning (for those in Australia any where from 11:24 in Christmas Island to 3:24 am in other areas of Australia/ Europe: good evening 5:24 pm in France.)

sounds pretty d kathryn! best wishes as you prep for traveling. Yay on your donations

hi d dee so sorry you and dh have been having rough nights!!! praying you both fight off your colds.

d nancy - I take pictures of things too! great idea but dh is the one that seems to need the tangible in his hand ;) lol he always remembers when things are gone :shock: :lol: hope your dh gets rid of his cold too! best wishes as you work today!

safe travels d lucy!

hi d twins. can you kick me out of my chair as well. Happy working!

its cold and windy today. Here: 0 degrees right now which is better than the other day. but with windchill it is -15 they say. downtown is 5 degrees.

worst things first: my Christmas spending listed and paid Jan 1 hopefully but I doubt it. got lost on the computer. :shock: ;)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:58 pm

On our way to DD's now. Late. Dh was late getting back from errands due to heavy traffic so he took the same route just now and has bailed and taken the faster route.

The list of undone items grows and grows. I hope I can push it aside in my head and enjoy today and tomorrow morning.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:27 pm

Hi!

I have been working away at the dishes. Dh fixed the dripping tap behind the washer. He also moved the fridge so I could finally get that plug that goes to nowhere. The pepper grinder that it belongs to is in my trunk. I asked dh if I could turn all his hangers around so that a year from now he can see what he hasn't worn. Other than his dress pants, his suit jacket, his camo tops/shirts/jackets and a hunting shirt that has a reinforced shoulder and his boy scout uniform, it's all turned around. He also donated 12 tops and I donated 2 of mine. So another full bag in my trunk for delivery hopefully sometime next week.

Elizabeth~regarding using the gift card to buy a book for someone else. I did that with my birthday GC from MIL. I bought dh a Stephen King book for Christmas. There is another SK book he wants, but I would like to find out if I can get it in hardcover first. There is only paperbacks in the store I went to last night.

Supper tonight is BBQ steak and foil packets of onions and potatoes.

Living room has been swept because there is still glitter from Christmas.

Friends are being invited for tea this afternoon. I will start undecorating Christmas the moment they leave.

But... before they come over, I need to do the cat litter box.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:40 pm

I've walked the dog, straightened up a bit and organized, and am running the dishwasher. Last night, before we went out, we realized the sink/garbage disposal wasn't draining so dh plunged it, forcing back wash into the bottom of the dishwasher. So I'm running it now, trying to watch over to be sure it's draining.

-start a lol
-clear DR table, find the cover and tablecloth and set up as much as possible
-clear, neaten up bookcase, dkids have left papers and things there
-send message to dfriend M about her 36 cup coffee maker
-check in with Einstein's

I need to pick up sweets before 2 p.m. here. Someone at work also brought dh a cake yesterday, we'll also serve that....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:10 pm

This suddenly, it's Saturday is so true - My day is zooming bye and I don't feel like I am really attacking the clutter because of paperwork

I did set up savings envelopes January through November for dh/dd's and a separate envelope for d mom's d bro, and his wife, family (dh's now mine) name picks and tips for Christmas 2018. I will have to pay those first before anything frivolous. I do not want a credit card bill staring me in the face like this year. I can put it on the charge but as soon as I charge it I hope to pay it off at the bank each time with the cash I save. :D

I also set up an envelope for both d sis in laws as they do Thanksgiving and Christmas - and its not fair that they have the burden of paying and cleaning for those days. We are a large family compared to what is left of my family. :D

I also listed many christmas spending cards by person and recycled the paper receipts I don't need anymore :)

future bit by bit job: taking address book and put on 3 x 5's in alphabetical order with their birthdays and anniversaries like I used to.

Adding a paper job this year for next years christmas prep :
I will put my christmas card list on individual sticky label tabs for next years christmas cards. I know it won't take long and I will file it in my new 3x5 christmas index box which will include again what is in each decorating box numbered. (that made it easier to know where my wrapping paper was etc).

it was 0 earlier with a windchill of 15 below and I actually got cold (the humidity outside is 38 so that may be why) our house said 66 but it felt colder - so I closed up the doors - keeping the front room/dining room separate from the kitchen family room. I have the oven on cooking spaghetti squash for tonight. It's getting better in here. I put the temp up 2 degrees even though I shouldn't.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:16 pm

wonderful that you got a walk in with your d dog d twins. so sorry your sink went back into your dishwasher - how frustrating!

gad your dh was able to fix the tap d cathy! What a good idea regarding the hangers! yay on your donations ready to go. dinner sounds lovely - enjoy your friends for tea

I also used a gift card from the book store for someone else - it was originally a $50 book: the gift card took of $25 then we had a 20% coupon and our 10% b & n membership took off more: The book cost us 13. 67 after all of that.

hi d kathryn have fun at your dd's!

paperwork always makes me feel like taking a nap. :shock: :roll:

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:29 pm

I don't want to be late catching up on posts again! Waaaahhhh! Happening right now but I will correct it.

Anyway, caught up to last night.

I've been thinking of what I'd like to be doing on a daily basis. - Lynlee

Yes. This. Absolutely. This is the thought I am totally thinking right now, whenever I get a minute. :roll: I want 2018 to be better in the big things, because I make the daily little things better. Maybe larger spaces of time could be freed if the smaller spaces were more jailed.... I mean, contained... .. I mean, controlled in a pleasant manner.

I was starting to write on a piece of paper before most recent interruption,
12:00 AAA - Absolutely Asleep Already
8:00 AASN - Acceptably Attired if Someone Knocks
Morning Routine, Morning Daily Card both done before:
10:00 CCI at Crossroads of Order for the Day
Parade !

Sometimes the day (date) of the month will dictate which parade, sometimes the day of the week - I'll have to plan as I go. I'm remembering lots of good advice gotten here and elsewhere. Like every 25th add a project to prepare for the holidays, or every 31st (or 30 or 28) give an hour of intense next-month planning, etc. Also Basic Weekly Plan thinking. But I need to add more monthly planning for church work, which has different emphases different weeks.

I've thought of a Declutter Jar. :idea: Smallish declutter projects written onto folded papers and put into a jar to pull one out at declutter time. (did you think I meant all my clutter would go in one jar? :lol: That would be a hoot.)

Re: Stamping a return address
thanks, Harmony. I said this to lady at printers' who was sorta being discouraging about the cost of printing envelopes (though they can do it) but she said it almost always looks obvious as a stamp so most people don't like it. I'm not so sure of that.

Return to “Post When You Can”