Suddenly, It's Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Suddenly, It's Saturday

Postby Lilac » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:04 am

Where did this year go? Here we are down to the final Saturday of 2017.

I am up late, so decided to open the village.

Yesterday (Friday) I bought groceries. Originally I had planned to take everyone out for pizza but dh was not thrilled with the idea. He said I should call and request a table for 15 and pre-order, blah, blah, blah. So I just made a plan B and invited everyone here for tacos and tostadas, bean dip and cheese dip. I had also bought stuff for sundae's or banana splits but everyone was full. So that will all keep. We had our stocking stuffers and everyone was happy with what they got. Dd2 had brought dgd21, her fiance and BabyK's Christmas gifts, because her fiance was sick at Christmas and this was their first opportunity to open their gifts. It was fun to watch them open everything. Then 7 of us went to the late movie. When I got home, dh was playing his hunting game. My bs was high, so I took some insulin and I'm waiting, so I can take my long lasting before I go to bed.

I overheard dd2 and dgd8 talking about New Year's Eve. Dd2 told her that probably no one would want to drive out there. I offered to have it here but she seemed disappointed. Dh does not like to be on the highway after dark, anymore. Dd1 said she was willing to drive out there, so I will talk to dh and dd2, to decide what to do.

Dm is disappointed that she didn't come but commented that db1 could still end up sick and needing her help. Db1 went to the big city to pick up his dw today, from her hospital stay.

I just filled the sink with water and I'm soaking everything. I will worry about it tomorrow. I guess that is later today.

Better take my insulin and head to bed........

BookSaver
Administrator

Re: Suddenly, It's Saturday

Postby BookSaver » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:13 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Thanks for opening the thread today, Lilac. Your family party looks like it was a lot of fun.

I know what I want to do today -- alternate between reorganizing the kitchen (still! neverending project :| ) and sewing for myself. However, DH might want to go out somewhere. On the other hand, we got a lot of snow yesterday and last night, and the roads are a total mess, so we might be stuck at home.

These are the kind of days that justify my prep work to stock the pantry for winter. I love the feeling that we don't NEED to go anywhere and we are fine waiting until the crews get out to make the roads easier to navigate.

Harmony posted
I can't seem to print gridlines on my spreadsheets now.
Is this for Excel? If so, it will be in the Help screens about Format Cells with Borders, and then you can click on where you want horizontal and/or vertical lines. I agree totally about how the "improved" version changed procedures that used to be so easy. Now they make us go through multiple commands to do things that used to be just 1 click. I'm sorry, I don't remember where they hid the Format command but the Help? button should get you there.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:25 am

Happy Birthday to the Board Twin Dh's!

Ken in Canada and Twins' Dad are celebrating today.

I have the easier task. It will be almost all day but only 11 of us and at DD's house.

Good luck Twins!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:32 am

We slept in until almost 8. That would be because it is overcast therefore no sun coming in on us.

There is fog off the river so everything is covered in hoar frost and looks really pretty despite the lack of colour out the window. It is all shades of grey like a black and white photo.

Busy day since we have things to do before going to DD's.

First item is to clean off the dining table. Second is to do some RA work.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:54 am

First things first! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TWINS DAD AND TO KEN-IN-CANADA. Hoping they both have a splendiferous day!

Went to the hockey game with dd last night. Orlando ended up winning against a formidable foe (Florida Everblades). This team is always very high in the league and that's mostly because their team members are not allowed to be 'called up'. Whereas most teams like Orlando, the better they are, the more likely they are to be moved up.

One horrible night of sleep or lack thereof. Dh started coughing shortly after I was in bed. It was an awful cough and I was up and down (and awake) until after 5am. Got up at 6:30 and took my T-med and went back to bed. Now I feel like I'm fighting it off (oh I hope!). I was even looking on the web last night to see what time urgent care places open today -not till 10. He does sound better now, but the night was just plain awful. And found myself worrying of course. Went out to the living room but dsonil was there with the TV going (at 2:30). Tried sleeping in the office chair but I was afraid of falling out of it and I was cold. Even thought of going out to the car when I reached that point of desperately wanting to go to sleep. :roll:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:53 am

The wind woke me in the nite at 2 ish I went back to sleep however yea! Rain finally stopped snow is nearly gone. I need to do my Cmas shopping for me on my list for today. It is the warmest day this week & next. H is still coughing. I am glad got home blessing done yesterday for the most part.
I need to get out of the house have not been out and about much. No h is not invited lol! He does have work Tues.

I have been rounding up holiday decor items to put away later. One holiday card still needs to go out.

Blessed I heard one gal say to take a pic of things like the knives. I de lutter when others are not in the room so we do not need to have a discion.

OMM ~
I am watching planner vids. I like a better life with flylady kat.
Kit counters needs attn.
Craft room may be my project next mo. I am going to change out the kid beds in there.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:56 am

Not dressed, haven't eaten.

Bed is made. All travel 'stuff' is pulled out (things like electrical plug adapters, travel laundry kit, travel hair dryer, cooler bag) and laid out on the bed. That's almost a suitcase full of stuff! Clothes are a small part of what I need when I travel.

All the veggies are cut up and ready to grab to take to dd's. I've piled up a list of things to remember to bring.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:26 am

On the road...
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:34 am

happy birthday to d twins dh!

hello all - I will be back soon to say hello to all of you!

hope you all had a lovely sleep or in d llynns case how you will have a lovely rest tonight

dh and I have been laughing that we see how we do things differently. He wakes up in the morning with no goals or plans and just let the day take him where it does. For myself, if I did that I would be tremendously scattered and confused but each morning I always ask what is ahead in his day (he has been like this all of my time knowing him - since I was 17 - I don't know why I expect it to change: that's why he was laughing this morning. It was rather funny.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:35 am

I'm up and about and and surfing the 'net. Quiet morning, dh is at Torah study. Yesterday I was busy straight through - I had posted about a break, then after that it was s2s and walking the dog and finishing challah then out to dfriends, and we didn't get home until after 11 - quite late for us. It was great to see our kids interact so well with the adult couple and their adult kids, with whom my kids grew up.

Our BD party for dh is tomorrow so I have a busy day going today. Thank you for the DH birthday greetings! This is a significant BD year for them.

Going to peel my bottom up off the chair and get started....

Glad that Lucylee and dh are on the road today! Safe travels and good health!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”