Sunday Stuff

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Sunday Stuff

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:47 pm

I am NOT a patient patient! I become cranky and frustrated when I don't feel good. I'm doing my best to not express it out loud, but in my heart and head I'm doing a lot of grumbling, griping, moaning and whining.

DS9 reached his limit of playing video games. He is now outside attempting to scrape off the ice that is on the driveway. He brought some of his scrapped ice inside to make it into snow ice cream. He was disappointed when I veto'd that idea.

DS9 has been out several times today to play with & take his puppy a warm drink of water. He makes sure the puppy has a full bowl of food......and to try again to coax the puppy to come indoors. We have lots of structures outside for the puppy to take shelter in, but it ignores them all and sleeps directly on the ground in a hollowed out spot under a bush. So I started wondering if I could put a structure directly over "his" spot to at least keep him dry. I order a different kind of dog house today that doesn't have a floor (just roof/walls). I have about 1% confidence the puppy will use it. I highly suspect the moment we put a structure over his spot, then he will move to a different place to sleep. Great Pyrenees dogs can be a tad bit independent and stubborn.

DS9 is now disassembling his RV car and controller with a screwdriver and going to attempt to fix it. I'm pleased how DS9 thought through what he would need before he started taking the car apart. He has things in place to keep the parts organized.

I spent too much time being bored today looking at 3x5" items. I ended up ordering the 3x5" Moleskin daily planner with 400 pages. WHAT WAS I THINKING? It is either going to be a behemoth success or a huge failure. I intend to use it as my hipster. I love the idea of it being my favorite color (puple) and 3"x5"......But 400 pages has me a bit leary it will be TOO thick. There is only one way to find out if it will work. I told DH about it and he encourage me to try it. I read the reviews on it and several people carry it in their pocket but there was also that one review that said "Useful but will make your pocket stick out like your hiding a muffin, two towels, a large beer, a flannel cap, two assorted owls, three packs of Camel cigarettes, three blue pens, five live chickens, seven quarters, a fistful of myrrh, a giant lime, two packets of crisps*, a hand-cranked radio, and a large collection of toe clippings." :shock: :o :lol:
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:03 pm

Hi everybody! Sunday STUFF is the right name for my day. I have been kicking butt and taking names on decluttering the kitchen. Three of the four counters are spectacular, and one of two tables is almost done (two magazines left to put away). I printed a declutter calendar for 2018 and am working it. The entire month of January is the kitchen. I have also worked in the MBR. Doing this resulted in stuff that needed to be G oodwilled, so I WALKED there. So I have done about 1.75 miles today. LOLs are washed and put away (shocking isn't it).

This morning I made church, which had a potluck and Noon Years Eve party. My dinner is also taken care of by a potluck at the xBFF's house. I have already done my cooking. I am hoping the x and the other woman are not there, but they may be. My traveling companion friend will be. I hope the other Mardi Gras visitor will be there so I can talk to her about the trip. DD15 is not here today. She arrives sometime today, but I cannot remember when. I am hoping her other family will be too worn out from travel to appear at the xBFF's. Perhaps I should have made some other plans, but I don't enjoy the typical new year activities. I'd sort of like to go to bed early.

I have some pending stuff that I would like to work on tomorrow, but no specific plans. I will turn off the alarm and sleep in, that's for sure! I am doing the church webwork for January and the other person is taking February. It was not the original plan, but works better for both us us.

I hope LadyMaverick and the DeeClutter family feel better soon.

In answer to lucylee's question on Friday: Mardi Gras is February 14 this year. And I will be in a place having FUN instead of being annoyed by all the Valentines cr*p. (Always hated that day, even when happily married. If you are unattached, it is just not fun. If you are attached, it is too much pressure).

I am curious why Harriet's devotional is contraband. Perhaps it is one I would find interesting!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:17 pm

gifts wrapped. heading for bus

Gotta laugh at the pocket carry description LM. I think ddog just loves being in the snow, making his den under a bush.

poof
filled water bottle.
2 house geckos, one in a head lock, literally. I don't think they are friends. Wildlife by MV.
pooof
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:25 pm

Panicking but progressing.

I'm now to the hard stuff, packing my computer bag and enough work to keep me busy all day tomorrow. I also have to pack the medicine kit. It gets split - emergency stuff for the plane and then the full kit for dh's suitcase (mine is full.) It is frustrating because we are taking a ton of stuff just for the 2 day tour but have to schlep it around in the meantime. And I hope I read at least one book on the trip because I'll need room for sunscreen in my bag once we get there. I'm buying it there because it is way cheaper (not off-season there!)

I need to s2s RIGHT NOW and then start my pedicure.

I still need to pay bills.

Yup, still panicking.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:26 pm

Just getting here today. We've had the massive brunch for dh's birthday and then I slept. Everything went very well, food was enjoyed and as usual we had plenty to eat. Dkids were happy to take home a substantial amount of leftovers, too.

We are supposed to be going out later to dfriends' for NYE. I hope I make it. I could probably get back in bed and sleep through to tomorrow.

When I was growing up, our dog slept outside but she had a wooden dog house. Daddy always got a bale or two of straw and put something up at the doorway to block the wind and keep some in. When mom and dad got up they would let her in, and i remember her coming to sleep on the end of the bed. (My parents let her sleep on our bed? Do I really remember that?)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:48 pm

We had left overs for dinner. Time to close the chicken run door. Our team is out of the playoffs they lost. Got that load of laundry done. Got my header page done for my new journal. I am considering sleeping on the couch in the basement bc if fireworks tonite.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:02 pm

Belated happy birthday wishes to Twins Dad and to Ken in C!

I have basically slept all day. Probably 10 hrs last night and a 2-hr nap.
We’ve just watched ballgames all day and stayed in. It’s COLD, even this far south!

(((Hugs))) and get well wishes to all who are struggling with the crud going around.
Dh had a rough night, but he seems to be better today. He’s thinking/hoping it’s just heartburn.

I expect we’ll watch the ball drop on tv, but I hope we’re asleep soon after. Got to get up at 5:30 a.m. sheesh.

Happy New Year to you all!
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:10 pm

Really cold here, Lucylee! Everyone is getting a bit of cabin fever since they don't want to go out.

Shower is done, first coat of clear nail polish is on. One big toe nail had broken off rather short so I decided that red or black polish wouldn't look good. I'll just take clear with me to touch these up until I get a professional one done, probably in New Zealand.

I'm exhausted but have to keep going.

Dh is at the party downstairs. He redirected some people at our door down to it as well! I hope they don't keep us up. It is noisy now in the living room but the bedroom is still quiet.

Ideally, I'm heading to bed in an hour but I doubt that will happen.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:59 pm

d kathryn hope you two have a great time at the party

d lucy you must have needed the rest
glad your dh is doing better!

How nice - a new journal d nancy

hi d twins glad that everything went great! what a sweet story about your dog - I am sure your d mom and dad let her sleep on your bed.

d lynn have a good day - hope you had a nice day!
Hugs prayers for you all , asking for blessings for us all for the new year.
I ditto our dear lynn's wishes!

hi d elizabeth wow looking at that decluttered kitchen!

so sorry you are feeling yucky d lady! I love great pyrenees! beautiful dogs but yes a bit stubborn :D

hi d dee

Happy New years to every single one of you and to your sweet families!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:04 pm

I finished taking down the very dry cedar boughs from around the house and put it in the compost pile. I also undid the 2 merry christmas wreaths and ball (recycled the greenery and put aside the pine cones etc. from those things). I vacuumed much of the needles but something tells me I will continue finding needles for the next few months 8-)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”