Sunday Stuff

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

New Years Eve 2017

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:05 pm

I had decluttered and worked on the other part of the kitchen counter for a round.

I need to put away in the storage zone of holuday decor items.

29* here nearly nine in the morning.

I have done a round and have put away the decor items that I rounded up. I need to declutter the green holiday lights.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Sunday Stuff

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:25 pm

LadyMaverick wrote:Maybe the title should have been Stuffed Sunday?

That certainly applies here. We are driving home from DD's. We did the countdown to the new year listening to the Perth radio station. Can't believe I'll be there in a few days.

The food has been endless over the past 24 hours.

I'm feeling sluggish and exhausted. Only 6 hours in bed last night but much less sleep due to worry.

We'll start our packing and preparations in a few minutes. Dinner tonight is leftovers and lunch is yogurt.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:06 pm

I spent some time with digital BuJo putting a little creativeness to my typical streamlined pages. I also swapped out the Dec & January linear calendars on the day of the week templates.

I've cooked 6 lbs of hamburger meat. I'll package it into meal size portions after it cools.

I've mostly lost my voice. It comes and goes. Sometimes I can talk on a whisper level.

DS9 is playing video games almost non-stop. This is a rare day when sitting in front of a screen hour after hour is allowed. Sometimes a digital babysitter is acceptable.

Our roads are ice covered. The highway patrol is telling everyone to stay off the roads unless it is an emergency.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:32 pm

We used for Sammie one of the puppy-brooding pads my father had used for litters at the kennel. I think perhaps we bored a hole out the back of her house for the cord. Put another layer of some kind of textile over it, just because we didn't want too much warmth for such a thick-coated dog. Then she made her own decisions, in or out. The problem then, in having several dogs, would be one or two of the others might figure out they could choose that space instead of the house and you'd still have one without warmth, lol!

We had a good day at church, with a newer sub pianist, and lots of double-checking meant the music was the same for everybody, lol! It is dboycousin's bday tomorrow and we enjoyed his happiness about it quite a bit as did others. The last issue of contraband pocket devotionals arrived in a purse, and several of the rest of us spirited these into our own purses like addicts making a deal!! :lol: Oh, the opposite effect of telling someone, "can't".

A little girl 7 near tears, tugged on me after church and said she had lost her toddler sister she was to hold onto, and asked for help. Situation going downhill fast in her heart. :cry: I assured her I was coming with her but motioned for an alert and agile preteen boy to come to me first. Whispering to him for help was a better solution and with his enthusiasm for the hunt :) he had the little escape artist by her side much quicker than we adults could have managed. At his age, he lives at high speed and sees everything. It is a blessing to recognize the strengths of others!

Oh, Twins', to answer your question, the very large quantity once purchased of matching envs and letterhead ran out a few years ago, and minister starting meeting requests for it by just going and buying small amts of plain ones - no color, no design, just a nice font, and only 100 at a time. I asked to go back to the previous one and there was misunderstanding - it was taken defensively. Previous secretary bought personally last year, then, thinking she should keep the peace, but she bought labels instead of printed envelopes. So this year I'm just handling it first and asking questions later, which would have kept me out of trouble before, lol.

I need to follow blessed in cutting up veggies. Deliver me from candy and fudge! Yipes!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:53 pm

hi d harriet I like that story about the dogs - what kind of dogs did he raise.
"Oh, the opposite effect of telling someone, "can't". " :lol:

is a blessing to recognize the strengths of others!
So true!

Sweet little 7 year old! and thank goodness for agile preteens!!!

hi d lady great idea of cooking the hamburger and separating it into portions!
stay safe!

hi d kathryn I hope the worry leaves you so you can enjoy your future adventure in Perth

hi d nancy yay on decluttering and putting things away

It is finally 11 degrees yay
So I have to head out on an errand

soup is cooling off after making
now for 2 or 3 errands
I am going to go to the grocery store after all... I wonder if that will be a mistake 8-) I will make my decision when I get there. mmm i did something bad - I am having my groceries delivered all because I can't see myself at the grocery store today - guilt guilt guilt - they charged 6.12 for delivery - am I lazy or what = I have never done this. ;) :roll: I am glad I did it... my heart was just not into shopping with everyone today - it would have been frustrating. I won't do this all the time but I did it and I am happy I did. 8-) ;)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:41 pm

I have pizza ready to go into the oven. Laundry in the dryer. I have tested lights the work and are bagged to be decluttered.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:38 pm

Add our entire household to UTW gang (under the weather). Dh ended up going to urgent care late yesterday. He's the worst. We're all sharing germs obviously. Hoping dd doesn't get too bad since she goes back to the classroom on Wednesday. Sure there'll be lots of sniffles and coughing there as well. Dh seems some better today and definitely coughed less during the night -every few minutes instead of every 10 seconds. He has to be so sore.

DD and did venture out to A ldi's today (I was in search of a stand up dustpan for our RV). Only cost me $60 to get that one thing plus many others (obviously). :roll: Filled my gas tank and stopped off at a G oodwill drop off. Trunk's ready once again and I'm sure we will have it full by the time we finish cleaning the laundry room and getting it organized. We're well on our way there. Nice!!

Think I'll go sit with my k indle for a while and probably doze off (no doubt there).
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:47 pm

oh no d dee!!! please feel better - I am so sorry dh is so bad! sending healing prayers over to your home.

well done on pizza and laundry and lights d nancy!

home again - I bought a couple boxes for our ornaments - I no longer will put them in a big box even though wrapped. I couldn't buy the one they were selling at con tainer store - my goodness they were charging 79.00 for one ornament box - fancy shmancy but not for our house. definitely not for us. I did get a drip hanger for the laundry room as ours finally broke years ago. This one is metal so hopefully it will last longer. I am trying to hand wash rather than dry clean... I do have one dry clean top for Tuesday.

Next:
take the greenery wreaths and hangers and take them apart after I change into a junk shirt. Sweet dh put the compost bin at the back door for me to use this winter.

spoke to both dd's for new years and tried calling d brother.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:06 pm

Thanks, Blessed. We're working on it. Dh is sounding better but still bad. Keeping tight track of his amoxicillin and prednisone. He's on day #1 of the prednisone. I know it's different every day so need to keep close track.

DD and I have been puttering away at the pantry/laundry room. Making great progress. Dsonil remarked it was beginning to look like a kitchen. (He'd like for it to be his closet. ;) not happening). Maybe we'll have it done by tomorrow. DD needs to bring my Mom's good dishes and put them in the upper cupboards. That's take a bunch of boxes out of the garage. DD had asked for them after my Mom passed away almost 31 years ago. Seems like yesterday and we all still miss her terribly. Dh always said she could come live with us, but his Mom -not so much. Said he'd buy her a home first. Glad it never came to that. He still speaks so highly of my Mom. :D

I should start getting busy on my annual reports. Plus I just rememvered I need to get the minutes done from our December council meeting.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:43 pm

Hugs prayers for you all , asking for blessings for us all for the new year.

I ended up back doing the bujo thing in the old book. Maybe I'll get it past Feb this year.
Made a list of desirable daily habits.
I'm foiled on the 8 hrs in bed for the first of the year. Maybe its a case of how many can I score.
I really goofed on staying online long after it s/could have been off.
Having a bath earlier would have helped too. a 2.10 lights off happened. Counting 5 hrs in bed., tmeds, then rdgs and meditation back in bed to make up another hour.
Then I had a look at bujo, where I'd hopefully left blank pages in all categories for all of 2017. So after feb 2017 mostly blank page is whatever I put there for 2018. I need to find my page tabs again. I want to add a couple more. I let go of the weekly planner pages. Put in a remember reminder heading. I want a people page, to remind me of people to contact, and how long it has been since last time.

breakfast is done.
I need to wrap gifts, and bus in 35 min to town. I'm meeting my dsis. Gift handover from the north.
I'll take dear sc - shopping cart.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”