Sunday Stuff

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Sunday Stuff

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:18 am

Maybe the title should have been Stuffed Sunday?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Sunday Stuff

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:32 am

I woke up yesterday with a stuffed nose that was soon joined by coughing, headache and generally feeling ucky. I spent the entire day in bed. Thankfully my schedule was clear so there wasn't a conflict. DH and DS9 went to the Star Wars movie and ate out. I was thankful for the quiet time and no need to cook.

Our temps will not get above freezing until next Wednesday. We have all the precautions in place to deal with the cold weather except for DS9 dog. Two of the 3 dogs stay inside when it is cold but DS9 dog refuses to come inside. My dog went through this same phase when he was young. I hate to see any dog outside in such extreme cold especially since everything is covered in a layer of ice. We have tried everything to get DS9 dog to come indoors or even get inside of a dog house. He won't have anything to do with being confined. He seems perfectly happy outside in the freezing cold...but still.

I'm not going to church this morning. I've learned the hard way that I get pneumonia very easily so I'm going to be super cautious until my body gets rid of this STUFF.
1. Know what you want.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:43 am

I'm so sorry to hear about everyone who is feeling under the weather, and LadyM, I don't like hearing you are added to the list!

Feel Better Wishes for each one!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:17 am

Happy New Year from Qld.
I watched the Sydney fireworks on the 1 hour delay.

8 hrs in bed ? Not sure when I plan on rising tomorrow.
I need to wrap gifts for dsis and meet her at noon for gift exchange and lunch.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:46 am

Happy New Year Lynlee!!

Hi everyone! Absolutely NO plans here! I don't even know what we are having for supper tonight. Tomorrow night will be a pork roast.

Dh is currently at the arena doing his 10 walking laps.

It is snowing here again! It's also very cold. Minus 10 Celcius or something like that. I think that equates to around 10F.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:17 am

happy New Years d Lynn (so happy you came here to celebrate New Years!) Health and Happiness to you for 2018! Wishing you the best!

Dearest Lady I hope you feel better fast! Do you have straw and blankets in his house he should be fine - my d brother (as it is Wis) has an electric cord built into the floor and a flap across his dogs house as well, it also has lining in the middle of the walls. (vent as well) My d brother makes a great dog house :D

I understand about the dogs not wanting to come in. When we moved to the city we had the dog houses outside because our dogs would not want to come in - It took us a long time to get them used to be inside but the large dog, especially, would beg and cry to stay outside during the day and would lay next to the cold door because his fur automatically went to winter coat as soon as weather started to change. Our vet was supportive; our young neighbour was not happy as she saw it as cruelty - I got letters saying that we did not live on the farm - she is nice person but didn't understand how the dog felt. I did have the houses checked by the city as well. The one large lab we had could never quite get used to it - he was used to having large property to call his own and lots of people around outdoors. Great dog!

d cathy Happy New Years eve to you too! Glad you have a day to yourself!

Good morning everyone
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

New Years Eve 2017

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:21 am

I got up at 4 have fed hens. Dinner plans might include the following... I chopped up cheese and sausages for pizza later on during the game.

The sunrise is lovely today. I will need a nap soon lol! I have completed journal entry it was a review for this year. Happy New Year! I saw the New Years celebrations in Aussie land on the weather channel.
I did one round on my desk.
Laundry is going.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:48 am

I am so happy you had a lovely sunrise d nancy! I hope you get that Nap!!! :D

When I woke up it was -1 but now it is 6 degrees F in the sun (local weather says is 4) which is warmer than they expected yesterday - so that's good! I will take the old dogs for a short walk. Sweet 13 year old dogs paws though can't handle the bitter cold so I have to figure that out for her. She is also struggling on the back stairs which are not high but she can still jump on the couch next to me ;)

dd youngers car battery quit so dh is going to jump it and hopefully get a new battery
spoke to both girls yesterday and d mom. d mom is loving having them there. dd older definitely needed a vacation.

found: the men ards gift certificate I originally bought for d nephew and couldn't find (I bought I new one). It was in my card file that I let get messy. :shock: :lol:

today:

-take all the greenery down (I hang cedar boughs on the fireplace and through out the house on pictures etc. - now they are fire hazards ;) )
and recycle it - our bin won't get picked up until march but I can still compost stuff (which I fell behind on)
-continue balancing checking account
-laundry dance
-go to con tainer store for some paper boxes for ornaments

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:01 pm

I am not really feeling any better today but I have reached my limit of staying in bed. I'm moving at a snail pace but it feels good to be doing something other than just laying around.

I took 8 pork chops that needed to be used and breaded them using flour/egg/panko then fried. A big clue to me in how bad I feel is I don't even want to taste how they came out. They look great but I'm just not interested in them.

I am very thankful for the multiple portions of vegetable/turkey soup I put into the freezer a month or so ago. That's the only thing that I am interested in eating. I put lots of cayenne pepper (Franks Hot Sauce) in the heated soup and it warms me up in more ways than one.
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:18 pm

(((d lady))) feel better.
You amaze me every day - I hope today your body is kind to you.

time for work
animals taken care of for this am :D

-cut up veggies for soup for tonights dinner done :D - stock is still frozen though so I figure I can cut up the veggies - I don't have parsley though and I don't think I want to hit the stores today.
-take my meds :D
-s2s :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”