NEW WEEK, NEW YEAR MONDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: NEW WEEK, NEW YEAR MONDAY

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:53 pm

Actually, Blessed, I went back in time so it is evening by body time but only coming up on 3 p.m. So it feels like time to move to the other lounge (in the international wing of the airport) but it is still 4 more hours.

Dh has pretty well finished all he can on year-end. I, on the other hand, have just processed half my in-box. I did take care of the sent email box, deleting 3000 of them. (I backed those up first but have no idea how to get to those emails if I need them.)

I'm going through my folders looking for ways to clear things up more. The refugee folders are full to bursting but I never know when I'll need to search for something.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:55 pm

I am going to continue taking a break. then work on the family room (managing clutter)

I was going to make a lentil dish but I am tired so I will take the soup I had made yesterday and make it into an enchilada soup as I have some tomatoes that need using and some jalapeño. I also have 2 small corn tortillas that I will toast up and put into it.

sorry you have to wait so long for the next flight. Hope the time goes by quickly d Kathryn! I think you said you are going to Australia? Safe and fun travels.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:24 pm

Happy New Year everyone! I am still making progress on the kitchen. However, I got out the serger for the cleared table and will be repairing a favorite t-shirt. Other stuff that needs doing - church website and animal org chore. I have a party report for your amusement. The x and the other woman's plane was delayed so they texted xBFF that they were not coming and she told me. I was talking to another party guest (PG) who was a little surprised by the information and here is a nearly verbatim report of the results:

PG: Your x was coming? Isn't that awkward?
xBFF: No!* ME: Yes!
PG: I can't imagine having to be at the same party as my x. I guess you have a cordial relationship.
xBFF: We're all GOOD FRIENDS!
ME: We're polite. I deserve better friends.

*Note: xBFF is not lying here. It is not at all awkward for her because she simply refuses to believe that anything could ever interfere with their "happily ever after". Of course, she is forgetting that she used to believe just as wholeheartedly in the fairy tale she thought I had with the x.

This conversation could not go any further, because the doorbell rang. Total strangers. They had an important question: what is the address here. At which point one whips out a cell phone, dials 911, and reports the next door house on fire. J and I had to drag the son off the front yard, because the house was already going up. He did not know where the dog was, but he was the only occupant. Five fire trucks arrived. The house was pretty much gone in less than an hour. The next door houses including that of xBFF set hoses and sprinklers to going and were almost unscathed. The firehose broke one of her windows and an outdoor table. xBFF was able to contact the homeowner who arrived and found the dog unharmed in the back yard. The son had already been hauled off in the ambulance. Can't say the xBFF doesn't throw an exciting party!

I am guessing Harriet's church's contraband devotional is the Upper Room, to which I already subscribe.

Ramblinrose: We "lost" a sled dog this way. We came out one morning to a missing dog and a pristine layer of snow. We called her, hoping she was at least near enough to hear us. Up pops the head of a very happy dog. We could not get her to come in at all that day. In fact, both that one and the next are good at predicting snow. DD15 says, "If Lucius won't come in, I have either a snow day or a weather delay."

TwinsMom is probably remembering correctly. However, just because the dog was on the bed does not mean the dog was allowed on the bed!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:24 pm

Good golly, don’t faint Harriet .... I’ve started making a list of goals in my planner...as opposed to a list of things I need to do :o
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:50 pm

How can it be that all four of us are sick!?!?! How I fear this cough. DD has to go back to work Wednesday -no "if's" about it. Dh has had this for a week now and I barely see any improvement. Saw on his instructions to return if he didn't improve, but wondering how many days that's supposed to be. I dread the night with a passion.

Have to go see about dinner. I'm hungry. We have a little chicken soup left but I don't know how many want it. Know I do.

Well, this sat here for the past couple of hours at least. We surely did not celebrate New Year's today. Just had some more of the chicken soup. Now that tasted good to me. DD said she couldn't taste it.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:21 pm

lost my post. It must have been unmentionable.
this machine is very twitchy to go where it wants, not necessarily where I want.

I have a 3x5 notepad, and a carry around page of reminders for today. in addition to a check list I need to view and action.
Towels from K and BthR are on the line. Hoping for them to dry this steamy, cloudy day before the promised late morning storm/ heavy rain gets here.

I've gotten carried away with my wanted habit wish list, but am not so carried away as to share them before I start making headway. At the moment a 30 second token effort counts in the PU, clean, toss categories. I'm hoping there will be times the time is much extended. Or maybe it will be a heap of 30second do it now moments.
I surprised myself by doing the clear, clean, shiny sink thing last night. I first started that in 2005, and lasted for some years, so I wonder if it will become an amazing daily thing again.
My own rationalisation is to keep the sink empty, and dry after each meal, with rinsed bowl etc waiting on left draining board. This morning at least. I'm a 'it needs hot sudsy water to be called washed' person. Rinsing does not suffice.
That was not on my list at all. :roll: It is now, but there is no disquiet if they all don't happen daily. What the list looks like in Feb will be a different issue.

For any wondering - Perth is hot. 35C expected today. But temps expected to fall from tomorrow, for a while at least.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:30 pm

PS. Prayers for all on sick parade.
If the cold is really flu and starts to knock you around please get help fast.
At the end of our winter there were stories of the healthy kids and sportspeople who it had killed.
Please don't wait 3 days to see if you start to get back on your feet again. Sry if that seems alarmist.

Dee - I wonder if anyone does home delivery of more chicken soup.

Prayers for Lilac's dggs and his test,
and Blessed's dd, and the rest.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:10 pm

Thanks for the weather report, Lynlee!

I need to figure out Wednesday morning in Sydney as well since we change terminals which means going outside. Currently we are dressed for Canada (and need to be, I actually put my fuzzy fleece sweater back on.)

This lounge has different food but not better food. We had soup and pizza for lunch at the domestic Air Canada lounge and I had carrots and carrot cake here. We're thinking of switching back to the Air Canada International lounge to see if the food there is better. I'm pretty hungry because it is 8 p.m. body time. I get dinner on the plane but that's at about midnight body time.

I'm down 269 emails so that's down 1000. The goal is zero. We'll see if I get there. Obviously it is getting harder and harder to refile or delete them now. The large groups of emails are done with and now I'm doing things one or two at a time.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:25 pm

K in C wtg on the e-mails!

I am not hungry.
It is dark foggy so cannot see the full super moon.

The tv marathon is over.
My knee & leg hurt yesterday but is better today yea!

I noticed I forgot to do the table when I spiffed up tbe kitchen. Will work on it later.
Glad for lights on the tree with the dreary day outside today.
I vacuumed the living room.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:36 pm

I made up a happy new year pot of mustard greens and kale, half-and-half. So good that I wished I'd made more, but it will be easy enough to make more tomorrow. If indeed, "we should" do on Jan 1 what we want to do all through the year :lol: that would be a great start. Then added black-eyed peas and choice of biscuits or cornbread on our plates and we were in high cotton. Dd and the young man are having a traditional meal this evening with his family, too.

Enjoyed having the young man here today and still having the house decorated. Just not time yet to take things down here. Little niece has gifts under the tree yet.

Made up the card wreath today, which will now hang for half the year! ;)

Lilac, very interesting about grapes helping stave off colds/bugs. 4 fruits daily says USDA, and it does make sense.

blessed, I have enjoyed hearing about your adventurous side in the last year or so. Have noticed when you would plan an adventure or experience and tell us that it would be new to you.

ddil's illness was diagnosed as the flu. She thought as much when she was so dizzy, and also because, as she told me, "even my skin hurt". She had absolutely had her flu shot exactly when suggested by the hospital where she works (or she would not be working there - they require proof from all their RNs). Because she put herself into isolation at home and directed the family with instructions from her bed for days, they did not get it. The children weren't allowed to cross the threshold into the room toward her, and I think ds barely did!

Had to take a pain pill today - knee seemed to be wrenched somehow. Better now. Probably the pill plus time passing. Also keeping moving. I noticed when I would sit I'd get up with more pain, not less.

Return to “Post When You Can”