Transformation Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Transformation Tuesday

Postby lucylee » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:59 pm

Considering part of my post above -- how to manage the daily/weekly/focus stuff -- with the crazy, unpredictable schedule we live by around here...

My DAILIES are pretty well covered with a daily checklist, divided into Morning/Mid-day/Bedtime routine.

Morning routine basically just gets me dressed and ready to meet the public if need be. It also allows for a quick 5-min floor routine exercise and time for Bible study.

Mid-day is really ASAP, IF possible, ;) and takes in s/s the baths, handling the mail, laundry, etc. Laundry can mostly be managed once a week, but I think I should consider it daily, b/c if Monday is wash day, Tuesday should be put away the stuff that hung to dry day, you know?
Walking/Walk Away the Pounds is listed in MORNING activities, but sometimes it just has to wait until later in the day. In good weather, I MIGHT get out even before s2s and walk... but too often, dh interrupts my plan, or dgrands interrupt my plan, or necessary errands interrupt my plan... Y'all get the picture -- and I know I should guard that time more carefully, but that would probably mean setting my alarm clock to get up earlier, and I can't manage that at this point.

Bedtime basically gets me ready for bed, and I know I sleep better, AND start the next day better, if I do it.

WEEKLIES are where I hit a snag. Because of all the PEOPLE in my life I just can't lock into a schedule with Monday -- THIS and Tuesday -- THAT.
So.
I am thinking on Monday, I will have all the cards for the week before me, and I will just work through them as best I can through the week.
If I am home, Monday IS laundry day. I like to get it out of the way early, and it's easy to do in between other things and other people. LIke today, I put the sheets in and went about my errands, then put them in the dryer when I got home. DGD likes to "help" with the laundry if she is here, too.
Vacuuming, dusting, cleaning bathrooms more than a quick s/s of the toilet -- those things just have to get done on whatever day they can.
I will strive to do them as early in the week as possible.

Same with FOCUS tasks.

But my MAIN GOAL is just to do SOMETHING... to quit thinking I don't have time, or energy, or whatever. I can get STARTED, no matter what, and as Dee says, "Begun is half done!"
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:08 pm

managed clutter in kitchen (for now) I did 35 minutes but did not vacuum or swiffer floor, counters, sink, stove, table are clean. reheating soup.

you are very sweet d lucy! If I let a bit of depression in then i doubt my abilities - you made me feel better!

Yay on day 2 d lucy! and all that you did today. Also a big well done on who you are! thank you always for being so kind!
I feel like you do regarding the christmas stuff. I will join you on doing battle with Stinking Thinking!!! Great attitude!

I also understand about weeklies!

I manage my money myself and dh does his - lol it was wonderful for our marriage! dh used to question me all the time about this and that but now we split it right down the middle. Dh and I have different things that we pay for. I like the envelopes for the holidays the best as I do that the first of the month before anything else. I know it's gone so I don't feel like I lost anything and dh is very grateful when everything is paid for in cash (more like I put it on the card and pay it off as I go)

hi d nancy I totally understand about the post holiday let down.

I am trying to get back onto my learning and goals now that the holiday rush is out of the way.
I need something to stretch who I am; a purpose etc. to feel good after that special family and holidays feeling.

Something I want to do though during the holidays - I always hear of senior orphans and I think I would like to do something to help. During the summer d mom is here so I am really busy with her.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:09 pm

next dinner - left overs again (there was still enough for a small cup after dinner but I can not have it again ;) so it is gone)
clean up - dishwasher is on, sinks clean but not shining like it should but thats okay, counters clean still
and then the family room -done but not vacuumed
I did do a couple blankets in laundry machines. dogs blankets being washed,

I am hitting a tired spot. :shock:

I had a nice visit to d brother... he has been so good to me. Keeping d mom out of our relationship has been a blessing. We both decided that we will only talk to each about anything.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:23 pm

Knee is definitely better tonight. No idea/no clue what made it so painful this afternoon. Cold/flu -now that's another story. We're all still hacking and blowing and generally feeling miserable. Hoping that dh's meds take hold and he feels better tomorrow. We need to meet his db/dsisil for breakfast but definitely not till we're over this.

Shortly after 8 and I'm heading to bed, hoping to sleep. Night all.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:30 pm

d dee I am glad to hear you knee is feeling a bit better but sad to hear that your cold is holding on. hope all of you get a good night sleep so that you feel better.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:49 pm

changed my sheets today. They are washed and onto the line.

I have a mind to change the spare bed also. It is dusty from doing nothing for too long.. I don't have the line space to wash all that is on that bed today.. I haven't attacked that room as yet.

Didn't post this. Most of washing is in.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:03 am

Dee, my knee also got better, so we are twins with that. I was astonished at how I was limping around for a while. And also astonished that it came without warning - actually first noticed it as I got out of bed, but nothing unusual about sleeping I didn't think.

I broke my right thumbnail vertically. (that one I was aware when it happened, lol) It's a concern. I've given it a little time under a bandaid, then clipped back as far as I dare and dd is going to paint with clear polish. When dry I'll put on another bandaid. Have never had this. Hopefully with no further insult it will heal well.

Two things that make a person slower - a hurt knee and a hurt thumb on the dominant hand.

bedtime at 11:20 or so tonight it looks like. Better. Maybe tomorrow I can actually have the MDCard done by 10.

I agree with lucylee that not knowing when and for how long little ones may need me/house keeps planning imperfect.
Also dsecondmil is becoming very needy and I'm sure a lot of it is sincere. She is having withdrawal from dh's sister having so much time with her over holidays, I imagine. Now everyone's back to work. But I need to be back to work, too. That's hard for many to understand.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:15 am

well done on sheets d llyn and yay on wash coming in

goodnight d harriet ouch on that thumb nail! hope your knee is better tomorrow too!
not hard to understand at all d harriet! i hope d 2nd mil feels fulfilled and her separation feeling diminishes

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:41 am

Harriet, isn't it true when our jobs are inside our homes, people tend to think we don't work. Lots of us have other things we are doing inside our houses. And we have chores outside like visiting sick relatives, church work, etc. The busiest person often isn't the one with a 9-5 job.

I wonder what blessed would think of my house right now? All the paperers I was working on earlier today are in piles all over my desk. The kitchen is a mess too because DH and I were working on a file to put together a statement.

I got far enough to type up the statement, and it is 24 pages long. :shock: Only one page I had to type, the others are receipts (backup) with explanations on them, divided into his and our amounts. It took all evening. The good thing is I found all the money that's supposed to be in our account. When this customer pays us, there it will be, all back.

We were sitting at the kitchen table because the office was too cold to use. I had to go get my office chair to use because it has some padding. I am sore sore sore. DH and I both have some GI issues. I'm wondering what we both ate yesterday that was bad. Seems to have passed, thank goodness.

Dee, I hope you get a good night's sleep. And everybody else fighting this flu.

I'm ready to snuggle under my blankets too. Last night I spread out my heaviest bathrobe on top of my covers and noted that I was not comfortable under all that weight. So much for me ever using a weighted blanket!

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:42 am

As much as I had planned on starting to put decorations away, etc. yesterday, it didn't happen. I napped, ate, watched TV, over and over all day. I was just wore out. Today I was more rested but never got started. Oh well, it will still be waiting when I am ready to tackle it.

Both dds, the 2 little girls and I went to the 4:45 showing of "The Greatest Showman." It is a really good movie.

Return to “Post When You Can”