Transformation Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Transformation Tuesday

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:18 pm

I have to be careful because I can feel depression in because I feel I failed that my house wasn't clean. It is easy for me to go down that route.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:33 pm

Hi again everyone! I am working on a query that will be used in the bane report. The key is that changes made should not change the report, but must be used in another report for a different reason. Sometimes warehouse transfer orders need to be included and sometimes not. So just added an argument to specify which option. Looks like it works.

I have checked in my traveling companion friend for her return to Orlando. I have located the lost library book and will retrieve it tonight.

Tonight's plans:
  1. Girls' Night Out with DD15 - probably really OUT, she is still off school and will not have any homework
  2. Have DD help get a picture of Briggs's mouth sore - another vet trip is likely in both his and Lara's futures
  3. Retrieve library book from O live Garden
  4. Second try at fixing t-shirt
  5. Animal org chore

Blessedw2: You have not failed. It is still a work in progress.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:57 pm

(blesssed) chin up! It happens to all of us.

Thank you LadyM. This computer isn't easy but I have no choice but to learn it and get on with things. I have to have it all ready for taxes. We are an S Corp so have an earlier due date than April 15.

And speaking of the computer, I had 1 spreadsheet all done then was working on the 2nd and it was gnarly for some reason and I kept losing my place...then the electricity in the whole house went out. The satellite (TV) began resetting, the copier was clicking trying to come back online, and the computer screen went blank. Oh NO! :shock: I was into my big spreadsheet folder (file - which is it?) with 17 tabs across. Fortunately when it came back up it had recovered all but the gnarly one I was half way through and I had to do that over. I'm so happy the rest of it didn't disappear.

I am happily through all that work now and need to go out and make dinner. Guess what I'm having? Spaghetti and sauce, with only half the meat this time. We must all be thinking alike. I have salad made. Guess I better go get that started.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:00 pm

Have no idea what happened with my knee earlier. It is better -but with me taking extreme care. So much of what I'm feeling is due to the much cooler weather.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:01 pm

Hurray! I know how happy everyone will be to know... ... drumroll ... ... Focus Cleaning 2018 calendar and first round thread are posted! Mucho chat about brooms, toilet bowls and lightbulb changing awaits us! :)

Oh yes... yes, it IS the first day of the rest of your cleaning for the year. Your day off yesterday is past. (How big had I better smile when I say all this, pilgrim?) :D

No worries - of course everybody's on a different personal plan and it may not suit you to be where the Focus plan is each week. (Let's all agree BookSaver should wait on sweeping her porch until it warms up.) But today's our start with Entry and Porch OR your own first week of the plan that's best for you. No matter the plan, come chat any time. You probably know SO much more about that crud someone needs advice about than anyone else will! :|

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:07 pm

Blessedw2 - IKWYM. I have to keep refocusing myself on accomplishments instead of all that I need to do. I can get overwhelmed and depressed when I just look at all I'm not doing and still need to do. I also have to break things down into itty-bitty steps to keep going forward. (((HUGS))))

I have the 2 largest Christmas plastic totes packed up in an organized manner and stored for the year. Each one has been labeled so next year I will know what is inside before pulling them out of storage. One of the totes is Christmas tree and the other one is the nativity scene.

I cleaned up the areas as I packed things. I am doing things in small steps so I can stop frequently and rest.

There are 4 more Christmas totes waiting to be packed. I think those will be done another day.

Next up -
** rest & watch 30 minutes of Nancy's movie (the young Victoria)
** clean 4 toilets
** cook spaghetti for dinner
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:08 pm

oh I heard the drum roll!!! ta ta ta ta!!!! yay!!! The focus calendar is up!!! thank you d harriet!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:11 pm

totally agree d Lady and thank you!!!
Very good work d lady!

I put the timer on so I could focus - I managed clutter in dining room and wiped table - I still have the village on top of the dining room hutch though)
floors still need vacuuming but dh just got home and is reading the paper in there so I will wait a bit.

I should listen to a book on tape but I don't feel like it - now in kitchen - I will put timer on for 30 minutes

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:31 pm

I am battling the post holiday let down. But did a rock drop and saw 4 deer on the way home. Did s2s x and stat bike time done. Washer twins are going. Have been doing weekly stuff cooking. I still need to pay attn. To dailies like unload dishes and sinks and swish & swipe.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:45 pm

I don't know if I am actually "transforming" or not, but this is day 2 -- actually, really it is day 4 -- of s2s first thing. Admittedly, I had almost no choice in the matter Saturday & Monday, but Sunday, I could have lounged around in the t-shirt I slept in all day long... but I got up and s2s first thing. AND did floor exercises. So today is day 4.
I also weighed AND measured myself... and THAT was depressing, I can promise you.

I have been running errands all day.
* Post office, got the mail, paid two bills
* Visited dstepgm at hospital -- she is doing rehab after breaking a hip
* Called drug store to see if they had renewed rx from doctor's office -- no, they had not received it yet
* Called doctor's office to get that taken care of
* Grocery store
* Oil change

Home, read the paper, sheets in the (still screechy) dryer, have not called The Man yet -- I want dh to do that tonight. The Man is hard to reach during the day.

I wonder if I will EVER get past the point of wanting to sleep all the time???
Eight hours and 27 minutes sleep, and I could still lie down and take a LONG nap right now.
Probably b/c I've eaten too many carbs. Treated myself to a bag of cream drops when I went to the grocery store. I've been all Christmas season without indulging in them, and they were on sale... and they are one of my absolute favorite candies.
:?: Fit bit also says I've walked 6468 steps already. I don't really know how that could be... but I'll take it. MY phone only gives me credit for 4107 steps, however, and I did have my phone with me for most of the steps. Probably not the trips to/from the laundry room, though... or some around the house while getting dressed, etc. Maybe the fitbit is correct. Yesterday the phone gave me 5879 steps, while the fitbit said 6541, so... I don't know. That's not too far apart, so maybe today's is accurate.

Thanks for updating the cleaning calendar, Harriet!
I'm having trouble getting started, b/c I feel like I can't move forward till the Christmas stuff is put away. If I get that part done, then I think focus here should be on the den -- b/c I'll have to be vacuuming in there anyway. OTOH, I don't really feel like dealing with it at all right now. THAT is the kind of STINKING THINKING I'm going to have to battle against in 2018.
It doesn't matter if I feel like it or not. I can still hang in there and do 15 minutes of SOMETHING.
Maybe that something should be the master bedroom, since I've already stripped the bed, and that would be less disruptive to dh, who doesn't seem like he feels very good today either, and I suspect he needs a little more time to recuperate from Christmas/New Year/weekend away.

I've really only got Thursday (and POSSIBLY Friday) completely clear this week -- and who knows what small people may be coming around to fill my time those days? ;)
Tomorrow we have to meet with dbil re: the annual deed transfer for ds/ddil... and we're going to talk to him about making out our will(s). That kind of talk makes me real nervous, but it will certainly save ds a lot of time & money if we already have that taken care of.

Friday, we may actually go BACK to College Town, for basketball game Saturday. We can't decide if we want to spend the night or do it all in one day.

Dee -- (((HUGS))) for the knee!

Oh my goodness, Harmony! HOW FRUSTRATING! A power outage PLUS the computer mess to begin with!!?? Good gracious. I'm so glad you didn't lose all your work!

I wonder what we are having for supper... :D I have to start cooking it in about 10 minutes...

Hope you and dd have a great time, Elizabeth!

Oh, (((blessed)))... NO... you are NEVER a failure!!! That is some more of the STINKING THINKING I was talking about above.
You said --
There are so many things I want to do but I know I have to get back to managing clutter and dailies.

Girl, I am with you right there! I definitely have to work on daily and weekly routines before I can master the focus zones, and daily and weekly routines sometimes seem above my comprehension... or more likely, my energy level/enthusiasm level. I'm really trying to make the "I can do anything for 15 minutes" motto something of my personal Words to Live By for the new year.

LadyM, dmom has gas logs in her fireplace and she just LOVES them!
I missed the part about the delivery -- or mis-delivery, I guess -- must continue cuop...

So glad your shower thawed out, Twins! We have never had frozen pipes, but that was definitely on my mind since we were away from home this weekend in these unusually cold temps!

BookSaver, WTG on donating unneeded and unnecessary gifts! That is very wise!
Not decorating sounds like a wise decision to me about now, too, LOL!

I bet your house smells WONDERFUL, Cathy! mmmmm... banana bread and the oranges/cloves simmering... mmmm... and spaghetti for supper...
I wish I could come eat with all of y'all who are having spaghetti.

I also like putting money in envelopes for future needs, blessed. DH does NOT like that method at all. He wants all his money either in the bank or his wallet, so he knows just how much he has... but I think if I were alone to manage my money by myself, I'd try harder to budget like that.

I guess it's fish for supper here. Oh well...
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”