Transformation Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Transformation Tuesday

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:37 pm

I did not get up till 6:45 today, needed to rest up a bit after the 2 early days in a row. Plus I was up a bit later watching "Young Victoria" on net flicks enjoyed it a lot.

I have continued with home blessing did get the vacumming done on the bedrooms in back of the house yea!

Rounded up the laundry. Did not go to knitting mtg 2day. I got eggs boiled and cooked up pasta for pasta salad for H lunches.

Waited to s2s till I was done with hbh. That is next. Putting my feet up it is the other knee today.

Did 15 more undecorating tree is down. Table is cleared off as well yea! Got the wreath off the front of the house and table cloth is changed. I think I am done now except putting the wreath in holiday tote.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:56 pm

Back home (just my errands - dd will take a friend who'd like to see campus and dorms). After stress of those :( I pulled into WF parking lot and called home and we 3 decided I'd go through there and pick up some items for each of us for mental health, lol. Some of the produce and other items that aren't so easy to find otherwise. I replenished my hemp hearts. HRH wants to make tacos, so I need to find out when and plan a stir-fry for the other meal.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:03 pm

I am puttering around here mostly. The shower is now unfrozen and I'm leaving it dripping just a bit. Harmony, I agree that this tankless water heater was installed incorrectly. I don't think the builder's plumber knew what he was doing. I know the builder's guy was here at least two winters when it froze up. I think last year we had a guy who had a company who was qualified to install the Rinnai tankless water heater and he added something to it so supposedly it wouldn't freeze. But here we are again. :roll:

I am dreading going to the YMCA later with dfriend M but need to start somehow.

I still haven't finished a.m. routine.

-make the bed
-get dd's sheets from her bed upstairs and start in washing machine
-cube butternut squash to roast later
-empty the dishwasher (hope things are clean, I think it boosts water temp so hopefully it was hot?)
-fold and put away laundry from dryer, also sheets not folded last Saturday
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:22 pm

Thanks Harmony. At least I'm able to hobble around a little bit now with my cane. No idea what I did. Just simply stepped down and searing pain. It's slowly gotten better. But I'm trying to be ultra careful. Just can't get anything done that I wanted to.

Fire sounds awful, Elizabeth.

Sipping hot water, honey & lemon. Hoping that will stifle my cough.

I'd like to sit in my recliner in the living room so I could put my leg up. But dsonil has had the history channel (WWII) on all day and I just can't listen to it. I know, it's not my house.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:31 pm

RR - CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for you! Enjoy your new phase of life in total retirement!

Dee - can you use earplugs to listen to something else while in your recliner? I sometimes sit with DH while he is watching something I have no interest in and I watch a different show on my kindle using earplugs. (((Hugs))))

I received txt msg notifying package was delivered. I immediately went outside but there was no package. Hurrumph. I guess I'll have to check into it after I take a break.

Muffins should be out of the oven in about 5 minutes. I haven't made this recipe in a while. I used to make it several times a week.

DGS21 txt that he was sent home from work because he is sick. He seems to have the same thing I have.

Next up -
** research package delivery failure
** Take down Christmas cards decoration

update - Missing package mystery is solved. It was a baby gift that I ordered on A-river and had the package delivered directly to the new parents.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:55 pm

Hi!

So far today I have made banana bread from scratch and the bread maker is making a loaf of basic bread. The kitchen is such a mess.

I have the orange that I stuck with cloves for a Christmas decoration all chopped up and in the small slow cooker with some water. I don't have the lid on because I want the house to smell even better than it does already.

Dh never got home for lunch, so last night's left overs are going back in the fridge so I can have it for lunch again tomorrow. I only had a bit for my lunch because I also had to test the banana bread.

I had to go get eggs this morning to start all this.

It is windy and cold here. Furnace has been on a few times and we don't have any frozen pipes yet. I had to lock the back door to keep it closed.

Supper tonight is spaghetti and meatballs and sauce.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:30 pm

Hello, villagers ~
(Dee) I hope your knee is feeling better by now.

I am procrastinating today. Surprise! :lol: The specific task I am procrastinating is going out into the cold. I need to run errands because I won't have time in the next 3 days -- but baby, it's cold outside!

When I woke up, the radio said it was -19F. Apparently the low was around -23. Right now the closest tv station website shows +2 -- hey, that's above 0, woot! OK, that makes me feel better since we haven't seen above 0 for several days.

The library is still closed today for the New Year's Day holiday. I'm scheduled to work 8 hours tomorrow to help put away all the books and movies that will be coming back. I'll work another 8 hours Thursday and that will be back to my normal work schedule. I'm not sure yet when the boss will want to start putting away Christmas decorations.

At home I never got around to getting any of our Christmas decorations out of storage. The only holiday things to put away are gifts. I hate to say it, but I think I'll be putting some of the gifts directly into the donate box. I'm sentimental enough to keep things from close family and real friends, but I need to let go of knick knacks received from acquaintances, no matter how kind the gesture.

OK by the time I've s2s and made sure my hair is dry, the outside temp will be as high as it's going to go this afternoon. Best get a move on. BBL.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:41 pm

I said it would happen - my house is a cluttered and hairy mess because of putting all my effort, the last 4 days, into accounting for Christmas, and taking down all the christmas stuff - and then my d brother stopped by :shock: . Stuff, (boxes of Christmas and loose Christmas stuff, put away stuff at the bottom of the stairs, dog hair and pine needles from the last 3 days - that's all it takes), is everywhere and I slept until noon today after getting up at 7:30 am and going back to sleep - I didn't sleep last night.

dh went to the bank and paid my visa :shock:
I put aside cash for January for Christmas, thanksgiving and birthdays in my January envelope. :D
We spoke about taxes and what we need to save for June. Dh is one that likes to pay it into 2 parts on June and Septembers collection dates but I like to pay all at once. (too many times something has come up and poof some of the money goes away)

Today is a room by room slip shod deal. There are so many things I want to do but I know I have to get back to managing clutter and dailies. Today is also bathrooms day.

tonight again will be that soup - I have to use it up or it will go bad - last night I made enchilada soup out of the chicken soup and because I still have some soup left that looks like what I am going to have again. I also will make a nice salad. boring cooking but it is food. I have been using the plant based meat - it's okay - I think I can easily get used to the texture - more chewy.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:54 pm

good afternoon!

hi d d book be safe out side in that cold!!! We only had -11 this am (-23 is cold!!!!) Sounds like you will have a busy day tomorrow! That's great that you don't have any holiday decorations to put away! I was that for 2 years and when January came it was easy!
I agree it is better to donate and help someone else than it is to keep it. That's a wonderful thing.
hi d cathy! i love banana bread! I am sure that kitchen will be clean in no time! I never thought of doing that with oranges and cloves - sounds wonderful

hi d lady I am sorry that the package went directly to the parents and not to u. ! all this baking here is wonderful - Your home, I bet, smells marvellous with the muffins backing. Sorry your dgs is not feeling well!

hi d dee ((((feel better))))

hi d twins I am glad your shower isn't frozen anymore! Hope your water heater doesn't cause you any more problems
Hope the ymca is fun once you get there

hi d harriet sending healing and peaceful mental health to you as well as relaxation!

hi d nancy I am glad you woke up at a better time for you! great that you have been getting work done

hi d harmony yay on getting your bill paperwork done

oh d elizabeth how horrible - thank God for the police officers!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:54 pm

Supper tonight is spaghetti and meatballs and sauce.

copying CathyS menu. That's what we will have too.

Our local FB group is filled with people discussing their home furnace failures. The extremely cold weather has both regular home heaters and heat pumps failing to keep the homes warm enough. Many have had to go purchased free-standing electrical heaters to heat their homes.

We are enjoying the fake fireplace (natural gas) that we installed a couple months ago. Our main home heater hasn't come on yet this winter.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”