Transformation Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Transformation Tuesday

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:30 am

The first Tuesday of the year and month.

Be the best version of YOU!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Transformation Tuesday

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:47 am

I had hopes of returning to my normal schedule today. However, I found out my body isn't ready for that yet. I am feeling MUCH better but I am still congested. I haven't been outside in 3 days. This morning I worked in the unheated garage (about 50 degrees) for few minutes while gathering/bagging the trash. I discovered that wasn't a good idea because I immediately became so congested that I lost my voice again. So, today I am going to stay indoors while doing a combination of activity/rest.

DGD6 arrived here at 6:15am and is her happy self. DS9 is sleeping in. This is our last day before returning to normal school schedule tomorrow.

Next up -
** Return kitchen counters to MM (maintenance mode)
** Pack nativity scene
** sit down for 30 minutes.
1. Know what you want.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:02 am

Morning LadyM and y’all...

I am drinking my coffee and waiting for the Tylenol to kick in. I’m over my head hurting.

My Perry Mason is about to start and will keep me company as I start working on putting up the rest of my Xmas decorations. I will be glad to get my house back to normal.

News just reported 2,000 new cases of flu just last week and 5050 so far this year. Nasty stuff...another reason to quit subbing as many parents send their kids to school sick.

Time to change gears and get going. Waving to y’all :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:12 am

Crossroads of Order for the Day (otherwise known as 10:00 a.m.). I'm here and have eaten well, Morning Routine done well. Cannot say that Morning Dailies are done well yet, but that will be my improvement goal through the year! As Lynlee said in H and F, moving that bedtime back. That way I'll be consistently "where I want to be" by the crossroads!

I have a potential plan for some errands today. Right now it looks smarter to wait for temps to rise with the sunshine.

Dd needs to head to dorm room today to check on things. That may be a part.

Otherwise, continuing Desk Day for the church. TaDa yesterday was to ready the last deposit, which can be part of errands too.

General organization in the office area is a must.

Also the attempt to keep tabs on Stash-and-Dashes that had to happen. S and Ds are fine as long as we don't forget, lol!

Hope to have the Focus Cleaning Calendar complete soon.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:20 am

I'm glad you're done subbing, RR. Flu is rampant everywhere and I'm sure here in FL that it will be at an all time high. And so many (me included) figure that flu shot will protect us. Dsonil sounds absolutely horrible and since he lost his job in November he no longer has insurance. DD is covered through the school board. Have a feeling she may go to their clinic (toward work) tomorrow if not sooner. She feels she absolutely has to go to work. We all had the flu shot except dsonil. It's a 'teacher work day' tomorrow and the kids go back Thursday. Seriously? For 2 days? She's expecting they'll have a high absentee list. She needs to get her room ready for the return since she didn't do it before vacation.

I was up every 15 minutes (literally) for a couple of hours last night to use the bathroom. All that water I drank had to go somewhere. Took some Tylenol pm and I slept fairly well. Took my t-med about 7:45 but I just now had my breakfast.

The 'bug' man was supposed to come today but dd postponed it since we're all down for the count. They were quite appreciative. We'll do it in a few weeks when she's going to be home again. The only ones they see are fire ants (and they manage to come in their end of the house somehow -not good when they find clothing, towels, etc.) and silver fish. But being FL I'm sure there could be other visitors from time to time. This will nip it.

LadyM, it's so good to see that your dgd6 is such a happy child. I'm sure that's gratifying for you.

As Harmony said it's cold (for here). Porch thermometer said 34F this morning. Can't seem to get warm in here.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:23 pm

Good morning everyone! This is next door to where I was New Years Eve: http://www.koat.com/article/retired-officers-rush-to-save-man-in-burning-house/14527896. The strangers that knocked on xBFF's door were the retired police officers. Her house is to the left. There is a brief shot of J hosing xBFF's side porch, which was nearest the flames. Turns out the rumor of the dog's survival was just a rumor. He was in the house. I don't believe we could have gotten him out. I don't think we could have gotten in the door, front or back. The brother mentioned by the woman they interviewed is the homeowner's son J had to drag away from the sidewalk.

My t-shirt repair was, as yet, unsuccessful. I will try again soon. The serger worked nicely though. I updated the church website, but have not done the animal org chore. I have lost a library book that I must track down. My kitchen is still beautiful. If I get one counter and one table done, I will still be ahead of the declutter schedule. This is good, because a normal kitchen declutter schedule does not have "declutter bookshelf" on it. (Or, for that matter, two kitchen tables). I did do some decluttering of the bookshelf already. Because the surrounding counters and sink look so lovely, I also want to clean the stove.

Tonight is the first Girls' Night Out in a while.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:26 pm

I was quietly kicking myself last night for getting so little done yesterday. OTOH, I realized we had social engagements for 4 out of 5 of the last nights of 2017 including New Years Eve, I prepped for a big brunch and entertained about 50 people here on Sunday, and also helped dkids move out. Yesterday between dh and me, we did quite a bit of clean up and put away from the brunch.

I'm so glad dh is back at work today!

We have a frozen pipe in the MBR shower that is dripping a bit finally and our tankless water heater is frozen up for probably the fourth time in six winters. We had the water heater looked at last year and they added more insulation and we hoped we were good. It freezes where condensation drains to the outside and once the condensation drain freezes the water heater won't work. :roll: The water line to the shower goes through our "slab" but the shower and the water heater are both on the north side of the house so they don't get any sunshine.

I'm feeling unsettled about where to start. Upstairs? Genealogy? General decluttering? Garage clean up?

Dfriend M and I are going to the YMCA this afternoon. :shock:

I've already been out of the house this a.m. with dd, who wants to buy a table and six chairs at a local thrift shop. I had to tell her that I don't believe the table will fit in my Honda Pilot. It might, but I don't want to risk the headliner. So she needs to find a truck. She's very focussed on getting their apartment homey and together.

-start a lol
-work on listing and filling out detail of three goals for next 90 days
-finish a.m. routine (need to walk the dog, also take additional trash to dfriend M's trash can
-refill meds container
-water plants

I have water with cinnamon sticks and orange peel on the stovetop trying to increase the inside humidity.

Whoops, left this sitting on the computer.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:46 pm

Oh great! Not enough I'm sick! Was looking for a book dh had set down. My RIGHT knee gave out & then searing pain. Couldn't put any weight at all on it. Dh tried to help me but I just couldn't move. Finally got the office chair behind me & there I sit. He got my heat bag warmed for me & I have that on. Hoping it was a momentary thing. :roll: Can't do anything at all right now. Think I might be having a pity party.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:06 pm

Oh, Dee, I hope your knee is alright.

Elizabeth, that fire looked really awful. So bad about the dog. I can't think about that too much, it's too gruesome. So glad house you were in didn't catch. Fireworks again. Blek.

Twins, your water heater shouldn't be freezing up like that. There is something wrong with the construction, insulation, something. I saw that on Mike Holmes a bunch of times where he had to fix freezing issues in walls, rooms. I wish I could remember more.

Catching up here / starting out the year. All the bills I waited last week to pay because they'd all be outstanding at the end are paid now and in the mailbox. I went up to the bank and put a deposit in.

Yesterday's LOL hanging up now and another hanging up. Dishes still need done.

I have 2 spreadsheets to change a couple things on. So that's next. Then I have 5 more to create. 3 are short but 2 are long.

I'm on a slow speed today after all our work yesterday.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:31 pm

(((((Dee))))) - I hope the knee is a temporary owie.

Harmony - I have been meaning to tell you how impressed I am with you and the new computer. I know it isn't something you enjoy doing but you have stuck with it and are making tremendous progress. POTB!

Elizabeth - OH NO! A house fire is devastating.

I just finished playing Jenga with DGD6. She is high drama when it is her turn. OH NO! It's going to topple. OH DEAR! What am I going to do? etc etc. I'm tempted to take a video of her and save it for about 10 years. She lost one of her top front teeth so now she has that 6 year old snaggled tooth look which add an extra layer of cuteness to her drama.

DS9 starts playing basketball on Thursday. I realized this morning that I hadn't bought him any basketball shoes yet. EEK! DH is encouraging me to stay indoors so he volunteered to take DS9 to get some shoes. I just received a txt informing me of a $95.91 charge at Dicks Sports Store so I assume that has been accomplished. Our credit card is set to send a text to me anytime there is a charge.

Next up -
** make apple/blueberry/pecan muffins
** set up DS9/DGD6 school worksheets for today
** sit down for 30 minutes
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”