Wonderful Wandering Wednesday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Wonderful Wandering Wednesday!

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:46 pm

Practically no water pressure here from the line break near here. DH and i went out to eat and made good choices at Outback. Heading back home, we went down the way, and the water co is still out there working.

I've had a good day. Decent energy and got a lot done, although I still didn't get a shower. :?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:53 pm

Breakfast is done and the dishes are washed up.

I've booked a car for the weekend and we are now making loose plans. The pickup for the passport is not too far out of the way from our trip up to visit friends in Perth so those can be combined. We hope to get down to the convergence of the Southern and Indian Oceans and dh might get some sunbathing in. We still have not stepped out of our cottage yet.

The cottage is an old washhouse in the backyard of a lovely home. The back garden is surrounded by tall limestone walls and is a real oasis with a pond and little bridge over it. The house and wash house are over 125 years old, with thick limestone walls.

We have three rooms, a very well kitted out kitchen, a bathroom and a main room with bed, small table and chairs and a comfy chair. There's a table and chairs outside our door as well.

I've got the window open and am enjoying listening to the birds.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:23 pm

I sorted out the wool yarn that is to go next yea for progress!
Dinner is done.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:54 pm

The cottage sounds delightful Kathryn.

I rang mum and listened to another thing that blue away my morning serenity. Maybe my serenity wasn't so good to be messed up by that.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:06 am

Lots of folks needed (((HUGS))) today... I know I'm leaving out someone, b/c this is a hurry-up post -- dh will want the computer soon --
but thinking of LadyM & her dmom... Dee... Dee's ddil's brother's family... sooo many of you dealing with weather problems...

I've been wandering today again, I guess, and routines have been overlooked -- but it IS Day 3 (really Day 5) of s2s first thing.

Errands... errands...
* Dbil re: deed, paying our part on condo, etc. (DH did not mention making out a will today.)
* Tax office to record deed
* Drug store
* Post office
* Bank
* Cleaners (which has moved out of town and is about a 15 mile round trip now, much to the aggravation of everyone here in Tiny Town.)
* Grocery store

Home... supper... went over to ds's house for about an hour or so...

And tomorrow, dgd will be spending some time with us while they go hunting a cemetery. DS has been playing on ancestry.com again. :roll: I'm glad he is so interested in family history -- it's MY paternal great-great-grandfather whom he is looking for -- but why can't he spend a wee bit of energy organizing the landfill he calls an office??? Right off the formal front door of their beautiful house, with only an archway to it, no door to close, and the foyer and the office look like he just unloaded the moving van this morning... :roll:
Duncle may help them find the cemetery and repair the loose wire to his truck headlight at the same time, so at least maybe he will accomplish something tomorrow.

I simply MUST accomplish getting Christmas put away tomorrow.

:D Oh -- dh had one other accomplishment today! :D He called The Man re: the screechy dryer!!! :D The Man said he would call us back the first of the week. Tomorrow he will be replacing a frozen water pipe in one of dbil's rental properties. Friday, dh told him we would be out of town.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”