Wonderful Wandering Wednesday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Wonderful Wandering Wednesday!

Postby Harmony » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:24 pm

Good morning everyone.

Twins, I sure hope you get your hot water back.

I've made progress here. Got all those papers corralled into their folders and shredded the ones I used to fix. I went over my deposit ones and made a sheet to pull out the ones we're holding over for next year. All our profit (well most of it) is being held till 2018 because those projects aren't finished. That's what made so much work for me at the end of the year. On paper looks like we had a huge loss. But next year it'll go the other way.

Had to go through a big plastic box and pull out stuff about the house sale and 2016 expenses. I'd given that to CPA last year but the project wasn't closed out till Feb 2017 so I didn't know if he kept 2016 stuff. I always have a lot to get together for our taxes. CPA acknowledged that I always give him everything and he never (hardly ever) has to call with a question. If I didn't keep this organized all through the year my year end tax work would be horrendous.

I do hate that it all hits so close to the holidays. It feels like I never stop from November on.

It is cold here. We have 2 space heaters going and had the oven on for a while. Tonight it freezes so we must cover stuff this afternoon. It has been raining, and it's grey out. DH came home instead of working outside today. I'm always thankful when he stops for a rest. I must call DGSon when I'm sure he's out of work. It was supposed to have snowed up in Tallahassee today. He's never been in snow except for a ski holiday!

(Dee) I hope you are feeling better soon and don't have a long wait at the drs.

Kathryn! so happy the passport was found! Nice honest woman who found it too. Maybe you've made a new friend?

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:03 pm

The guy was just here thawing out the hot water. I need to walk the ddog and then head out on errands:
animal shelter
recycle corrugated cardboard
UPS store
Goodwill
Temple
Grocery

I believe it takes the water heater a significant amount of time to refreeze, so I should be good for my shower when I get home. Supposed to get up to 38 degrees today but colder again tomorrow. They are going to install a valve so in freezing weather the condensate can go into a bucket in the garage, then we can flip it back in moderate weather.

While they were working in the garage I made some progress there, although it still is pretty full. Got some things put away, thrown away, corrugated broken down (saved a couple of boxes for getting stuff to Goodwill.)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:33 pm

It's 18 degrees here - yay
worked on organizing cards and planning for a bit but my card file was looking a little shaky.

tickled pink bc my new index cards, coloured tabs and holder are in and all set up - (for addresses, christmas, etc etc.) Now my original card file is only for the house and calendar to do's plus extra white lined cards.

lunch done excitement never ends
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:52 pm

Have been making forward progress slow and steady yea, did some in the zone my creativity room, and on the desk.

Anti p. Tasks found more items set aside for decluttering so they have been loaded. It feels great to get going again on this some is better than none yea! Tossed some items as well. Worked on a catch all area in the dining room not done but some done.

My tablet says if is 33* out walked the ddog to the corner & back.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:11 pm

We are above freezing today! Only for a few hours but still. It's nice to see the sun after so many cloudy days/nights below freezing. We are supposed to have sunshine & be above freezing in the daytime for the next several days. WhoooHOOO!!

I was up later than normal last night because DMom was having a meltdown. She called me crying because Dnephew went to the hospital with stomach pains and they were doing an MRI. Hours later it was determined DNephew has the horrible stomach virus that is going around. Normally DMom is steady and remains calm but she is emotionally/mentally MAXED out with worrying about DBro.

DBro has weekly (at least) blood work done to monitor his immune system. For the first time since DBro started chemo, he had bad bloodwork results. I'm not the smartest knife in the drawer but DUH. DBro pushed himself waaay too hard by doing 24 hours of driving in a 48 hour period last week. He paid the price by putting more stress on his immune system than it could handle. Thankfully after resting a few days, DBro bloodwork showed his immune system bounced back yesterday.

DMom's voice was still shaky this morning but she is doing better than she was last night.

I woke up at 2:30am to go to the bathroom. As I was walking back to bed I realized that my throat was hurting/sore. That made me SO MAD that I couldn't go back to sleep. I was so sure that I would be better today. Foolish of me.

DS9 homeschool lessons are proceeding this morning but it is a predictable struggle to get him back into the learning groove. I'm thankful that now I know enough to expect it and neither of us becomes frustrated with it.

Lunch was rotisserie chicken breast, green beans, corn and mashed potatoes.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:50 pm

Hi everyone!!

Went to stitching this morning and only 1 other woman showed up and she left after a short visit. She used to be a nurse, so dh's blood sugar and weight loss is very interesting to her. He is now officially in the 5.5 range and has been for a few days.

The power went out here for between 25 and 30 minutes depending on which clock I look at. Unfortunately dh has 2 of them set far ahead. The 2 in the kitchen are accurate, so those are the ones I reset to the real time. It's only minus 1 here and it has been snowing big fluffy flakes.

I had my B12 shot this morning.

Dh has been and gone for lunch.

Supper tonight is Shepherd's Pie.

Still waiting for the water delivery for the cistern.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:51 pm

did 30 minutes in the kitchen - counters cleaned, clean dishes put away and dirty dishes in the sink, table cleaned, decluttered fridge, shiny sink. :D
not done in kitchen: sweep or vacuum floors, did not wash floors and this is needed

downloaded tom hanks new book on audible
doing the swipes every once in a while made cleaning the bathrooms easy and short today :D :D I didn't have to clean the upstairs hall bathroom :D
put away in family room which shouldn't be long as I did it last night :D
front hall put away 1/2 done ;)
sun is out - yay

Dining room :D
front room :D - still has some christmas to put in basement
front hall :D
kitchen :D
vacuum rug in family room :D

what needs doing but not today: laundry room has clutter and needs cleaning. :arrow:
tomorrow major dental appointment (don't forget check) :arrow:
errands :arrow:
Hope on Saturday: finish bringing christmas bulk stuff downstairs and put ornaments in upstairs closet
:arrow:

next: shower to s2s , put away misc small things from front hall, House work I am done for today.

options until picking up dd older: repairs on sewing
paperwork or menu planning or french
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 9 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:58 pm

hi d cathy! what does that mean - 5.5 range? I hope that is good! I love shepherds pie - a bit jealous over here that I can't come for dinner :D

hi d lady! Glad you have sun! I am so sorry your d mom had anxiety melt down yesterday. (((d mom))))
praying for you d brother! I am glad his blood work was better!
I am sorry you had such a bad sore throat. Dd younger is the same way - she gets so mad when her pain disorder kicks in - you just don't want to be sick. Hope you feel better and hoping that homeschool routine sets in soon for your d son

hi d nancy! slow and steady wins the race - good for you. yay on tossing.

hello all!

dd texted and she is waiting at the airport in fort meyers - hopefully the weather will be okay for her to come in tonight. She has work tomorrow
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:31 pm

Got back from the Dr's and pharmacy about an hour ago. I do not have the flu but a particularly nasty virus. Had a lot of congestion in my lungs. Had a nebulizer treatment. Wow was I shaky after that. Gave me a prescription for a cough capsule (I've had this kind before) and an inhaler. Coughed up a lot of gunk after all the way home. No antibiotic but orders to watch for it getting worse and ways to try to keep it from becoming pneumonia.

Dh and I discussed whether to send money via Go fund me or to simply send ddil-A a check to be given to her brother's family. Dh prefers sending a check. Luckily their 5 kids were at school yesterday when their house burned down so they do have coats. They're staying with her sister for now until they can find a place to live. No idea how severe ddil's brother's burns are. Know they said 1st and 2nd degree burns on his chest, legs and arms & smoke inhalation.

Going to go make some ice for water mug and try resting some more.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:33 pm

I had hoped they would still give you and antibiotic just in case - praying you all feel better very soon!!! d dee fast healing sent your way.

Return to “Post When You Can”