Wonderful Wandering Wednesday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Wonderful Wandering Wednesday!

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:54 pm

fell into a rabbit hole on pinterest!

finally dressed nicer after shower of course
all laundry in laundry area ready for a heavy laundry day :D
dh started my car so I can leave in 15 minutes for the airport
House looks decent
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:00 pm

I had lunch & got a few more donations loaded up & hen chores done, the sun just came first time in a couple of days yea, out made groc list. Is 35* here now. Plugging away need to feed ddog. Got laundry put away.

Yum shephards pie sounds yummy Cathy.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:38 pm

Good afternoon everyone! Today, I have been dealing with what we euphemistically call "obsolete business practices", our code for boneheaded errors. Fixes are in progress. I hope it will not change the past bane report results.

Yesterday, DD15 and I had take out at the cheaper Chinese place. Then, she helped me get a picture of Briggs's mouth. His problem is not as bad as I feared, essentially a sore in the corner of his mouth. There does not appear to be any dental involvement. Perhaps we can skip going to the vet. The she played a Pokemon video game and I crocheted with Hogan. After she left, I retrieved the missing library book, got gasoline, and cleaned the stove. My kitchen is still beautiful. There is more work to do, but it is progressing.

There are a number of anti-procrastination tasks I should do today. At payroll, there are two DPCs. At home, there is some research for my brother amd a cat program form. I will also continue on the kitchen progress by either clearing and decluttering the main kitchen table or the printer counter.

I am glad to hear that the In-Canadas will be able to return to Canada.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:26 pm

I have lost TWO post. my fault or not saving before hitting submit. My internet was down both times so the posts vanished.

DGD6 read her 2 library books to me. She loves to read and really gets into the story. She stops to discuss the story several times. She is reading the Fly Guy series and is has planned which books she will check out to read tomorrow.

I sorted blankets and ended up with a large bag full to give away.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:40 pm

I had a successful round of errands but somehow forgot to put the Lands End return at Sears on the list. No matter, I can do it tomorrow or another time. Visit with dmom was stressful, she was sitting on the toilet and I think was asleep. :shock: And she didn't think she was "done." She had had an accident and her bed sheets were stained, so I changed them while she sat there. She seemed very confused and almost unable to communicate, but improved while I was there. They were giving her a shower this afternoon - she needed it. :shock:

I got all the other errands done, spoke to dd at temple and we agreed to meet at Michaels' at four to look around. I was treating myself for getting most the errands done and not wimping out. Still haven't put all the groceries away. I had to unload the refrigerated things and put them away, then go right back out.

I purged the refrigerator some before I left, thank goodness.

And in other news, we have very little water pressure, but it's a neighborhood issue, not just us. Looks like the water co is working on one or more hydrants on the main road near us so hopefully won't be long. If dh and I weren't working toward a new WOE (way of eating) I'd suggest we go out but not sure what to do now....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:47 pm

hi d twins glad you were successful on errands as well as working on refrigerator ! (((sorry it was stressful visiting d mom))) It isn't unusual for elderly to feel like the still have to go or have accidents. ((()))

hi d lady so sorry you lost some posts and that your internet is having trouble!
so cute about your dgd6!

hi d elizabeth glad Brigg's problem is not as bad as you thought.

hi d nancy yay on donations loaded and laundry put away

take care all. I will leave and park in far away parking until dd older texts me.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:00 pm

Worked on my office today took some books to donate to the library and journals empty lined wire bound ones notebooks etc. You really cannot even tell but I was able to use my desk yea! Gave the librarian a dish cloth and hot pad.

Did a rock drop too, and left some beads kid necklaces, a purse, and 2 sm. containers.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:09 pm

Peeking in from Thursday morning. Dh wants to report to you that he slept well! (He was so relieved about his passport being found.) Dd's godfather wrote to say he was happy too and how wonderful it was to make a new friend in Perth!

I slept even better than dh because I took melatonin although it made getting up this morning difficult. I was up once for the bathroom but fell asleep quickly. Felt a slight earthquake wake me (turned out to be a dream, not real) and went back to sleep.

I've had my tea and chocolate and have s2s so am feeling more human now. Next up, breakfast of yogurt, fruit, egg and croissant. How delightful!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:29 pm

Funny part is both dh and dd were given antibiotics, prednisone and each an inhaler. I just have the inhaler and cough capsules. Dr. said they didn't want to eliminate the cough all together as it would be counter productive. All four of us obviously have the same thing. Although the Dr. was trying to be careful because of my heart attack in January. Unfortunately I had a very bad episode this afternoon of coughing and being unable to catch my breath. Poor dh was frightened out of his wits (and that takes a lot). We did finally manage to get a puff or two of my inhaler. Hoping not to repeat that performance. I was in bad shape. This probably went on for nearly 20 minutes. Going to try the inhaler again before bed and am going to gargle with salt water in a few minutes. Another suggestion today.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:34 pm

It sounds like everybody has made a lot of progress. Me too for a change.

I did get my reports typed and printed. One more project to do and that's it; then I wait for interest stuff to come from the bank and I guess a little wee one from other bank as we paid 1 mortgage payment in January before we paid off the house. They are usually sent out at the last minute.

I helped DH get his youth group lesson done. They all meet together and then break into age groups. He has about 8 kids and a helper. The lessons are in some program online and he copy and pastes that into word and emails to his helper. Then he makes a handout and you would laugh if you could see what he does. He prints it then he cuts and pastes - literally - onto a piece of paper and prints. The stuff for the teacher is left out of theirs. I tried to show him how to highlight and delete paragraphs he doesn't want and enlarge the font and move it around and I thought he was going to have a melt-down. As awful as I am with the computer, he is 10 times worse.

We covered all the front plants and 4 trees. When the front ones began blowing around I had to go back out and put pieces of lumber on them to keep them in place. It will be above freezing but wind chill will be less. It's a lot of work and miserable job.

We got the fireplace going tonight and that room is toasty warm. I did a big clean in there and swept and moved the carpet back and over so we could roll the wood in without getting on the carpet. It was a pretty big mess, our wood is old now and when we pick up the pieces the bark falls off all over the place. I left the broom and dustpan in there to use.

Cleaned the kitchen and that's finally looking pretty good. I brought in the laundry but it's still on the hangers. It was so cold I couldn't tell if it was really dry or not. Tomorrow I'll put it away and do my last LOL.

Rained pretty hard today a few times. I'm disliking this weather more each year.

Dee, I'm sorry you are so sick. I'm glad you got something to help; hope it works quick. Those go-fund-me accounts take a percent (I don't know how much) so a personal check would give them more.

Return to “Post When You Can”