Wonderful Wandering Wednesday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Wonderful Wandering Wednesday!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:44 am

Dh is now ready to go to bed because he knows he'll be able to sleep. His passport has been found!

Originally he went to sit one row too far back and had put down his things. He picked up everything but the passport. The woman who had the seat was traveling with a 3 year old and was also coming in from Vancouver so was as tired as we were. She put her stuff down. Then when she tidied up she saw the passport and thought it fell from her purse so put it away (she's dual citizen.)

This evening when she went to unpack she found too many passports! The airport lost and found is closed so she called the ICE number in the passport (dd's godparents). It was 7 a.m. there. He emailed us. We are still up (13 hours ahead) and have talked to her.

So the passport has done some wandering, we have done some wandering and it has turned into a wonderful day for us!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Wonderful Wandering Wednesday!

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:48 am

Wonderful!
Dh is now ready to go to bed because he knows he'll be able to sleep. His passport has been found!
Will it be much of a hassle getting it back?

I surrender! I'm heading for urgent care as soon as they open (which I think is 10am). Not writing much -just too worn out.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:54 am

(((Dee))) I hope they can give you something to feel better.

Yes, the passport is a long way off, a 40 minute drive. And first we have to rent a car. We intended to do that anyway but not to drive in that direction at all. Still, it is better than having to fly to Canberra to get a replacement!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:13 am

Good news Kathryn about the passport, excepting for the ? almost 2hr drive/visit to get it. Far better than many alternatives.

lost a post when I thought to bring the contents here from Tuesday's thread.

Long story short -
I've no idea on stevia soft drinks. I'd expect the major brands would keep the same labelling as in the US/Ca.
Ask in store, is my other suggestion.
I just buy bottled water, mostly $3.50 from snack bar/fast food store, or $1 store brand if you search it out on top shelf of water isle. More is less for water.

here is what is coming https://www.fooddive.com/news/coca-cola ... 18/511266/ - all that my c&p left me with.

Going to close up K now. So much for 11pm lights off. hah.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:07 am

I was up easily at 7:30 when the alarm went off and I slept well. My energy is good today. And we have hot water and the shower isn't frozen up!

Today is errand day and I'll also see dmom. I need to get moving soon.

-breakfast and meds/vitamins
-s2s
-kitchen counter/stovetop clean up
-Walk the dog (temp is a balmy 24 degrees this a.m.!)
-Find and empty a 13 pocket file for 2018 paid bills and file the first of them....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:20 am

Morning....

I am up, dressed and have eaten my breakfast. Footprints were picked up last night. Perry just started and I am on my my second cup of coffee. Feeling better with fingers crossed my sinus infection is getting better.

Was interrupted yesterday afternoon by two important phone calls so I still need to finish straightening up my office. Otherwise my home is in good shape.

Took down my tree, sorted through the Cmas decorations and have two large bags and several large boxes ready for G W. Will take it in tomorrow as I don’t want to loose focue till my home is done.

Using my BJ for reminders of things I want to do. Dinner is planned. My NJ family is about to get wholloped by the new storm and my SC friends, including one who lives in Hilton Head are hunkered down waiting for it to hit. My HH friend said the last timed it snowed was in the mid-70’s.

Off to start my day... enjoy yours :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:41 am

Still haven't s2s-ed or walked ddog. Water heater has been still finickly so I'm not whether to chance it right now. We're supposed to have someone look at it later today too.

My kitchen is the cleanest and least cluttered it's been since last Friday and I'm getting things put away gradually. I also did an Amazon return on the faux champagne glasses - we only used one case - and will drop those at UPS today. In the interest of full disclosure, also unstopped the sink and/or disposal and polished up sink afterward, and did some putting away in the garage.

Next:
-wash up, brush teeth, into clothes for the day
-walk the ddog
-make the bed
-figure out logical order for errands
-load up car with return, Goodwill load, things for animal shelter and things to take to temple :shock:
Last edited by Twins' Mom on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:42 am

I am hormonal today. Thinking on what to declutter and feels overwhelming even though I have made significiant progress. Sigh.

I made out my lists drank black coffee and journal that is all. I am up on time stuffy head ugh. Have peppy classical music on for mojo.

Next up fed & water hens & me. S2s am stuff. In other words get moving. Back to school day for the grands here,

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:47 am

dh is talking about the past again (I know he misses work bc after the cancer his body no longer has the strength that he used to have- I totally understand - I just have to keep him back to the here and now every so often; this usually goes on for days but could go into weeks where it over takes his thoughts).

hi d rose glad you are feeling better! glad you were able to get so much done.

hi d twins so happy you have energy today! Yay on hot water in your shower - yay on kitchen

hi d lynn!

hi d kathryn yay on finding his passport!

d dee (((feel better)))

hello dear everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:16 pm

dh is finally starting his day but he is so happy now that he was able to chat about the old work days for about an hour and a half :D
pulled my January cards finally and need to put them through the month.
today is anti procrastination Wednesday for me.

things that I still have sitting around and may remain this way for another day.
the front room has the Christmas stuff to put away - I have cut my Christmas stuff at least by a third over the last couple years
laundry mmmmm it's babies had babies

1. go through cards
2. dailies

also today:
pick up dd older from airport at 5:45 and go out to dinner
laundry instead of errands
tomorrow is dentist so I will make sure we have dinner ahead for tomorrow
worst things first: exercise I have been putting it off

Done:
recycled Christmas cards
still to do write the labels for next years Christmas cards
I will use Christmas cards I bought a couple years ago for next year.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”